NCIC / excessive telephone charges

Phone: 250 542 0484
on april 11 / 12 I made 7 attempts to call a party in Canada. On each occasion I received a answering machine message at which point I hung up without leaving messages. Each attempt was made on a pay phone using my mastercard. Each call cost me from 11.67 per call to as much as 12.21 per call for a total of $87.27 U.S.

I find these to be outrageous charges. If this company is allowed to charges such ridiculus rates then the consumer should be notified prior to the call being made by the company clearly posting these rates on the payphone.

I would also like to see a reimbursement made to me for at least 70 % of the charges.

More NCIC Complaints & Reviews

Plus NCIC - Fraud [2]
Plus NCIC - Revenue Ripoff

N  19th of Apr, 2009 by
In the same vein, based on your logic a person calling their answering machine to listen to their messages from a pay phone in another country should be able to do so for free?!?

Once an answering machine picks up the line, the call is considered answered. If you were to end the call before the machine kicked on, chances are you would not have been charged. Why should you be reimbursed for that?

If you can't afford a cell phone, you probably shouldn't be calling another country from a pay phone anyway.