NCC / false information; 3rd party

1 120 N. KeyserScranton, PA, United States Review updated:

They have been calling my parents house to try to speak to me for months now. I have made one payment to them via their website. Since then I had misplaced the letter that had my login acct info to make additional online payments. I have tried to contact them to get this info and never get a response besides the recorded messages left on our answering machine or the same man. I have made contact with them through the mail stating my situation and do not get and do get any type of response or compliance. They call the same time everyday over and over. Today they called and started to leave a message when my dad picked up the phone but it was still recording. The man on the phone claimed it was regarding "student loan info" . 1. that is not true ; it is debt collection and 2. he is not legally allowed to give out that info to anyone but me.

Ch

Comments

• Pm
      4th of Mar, 2009

I admit I defaulted on some credit card debt.
    The approach by the collection agencies was horrible.
    I have consulted attorneys and have come up with a letter that puts them off.
    I was just contacted by the Northland Group.
    I sent them the letter via certified mail.
    Guess what ?
    Within 4 days I received a letter from Northland Group saying they were ceasing all collection efforts and I should contact the card issueing company for further information.
    The letter is a mix of asserting your rights, warning them about any negative credit reporting, requesting all communication be in writitng (no telephone calls!), and threatening them with severe legal action should they tranish my record or violate the law.
    It is one hum-dinger of a letter.
    I can't believe that it worked !@!
    pmf1@rocketmail.com