NBC Group LLC / Removed Money from my bank account without permission

Fair Haven, MI, United States Review updated:
4.25
Phone: 586-243-0300
NBC Group LLC charged my checking account without my permission in the amount of $39.95. I do not even know who this company is. I demand that the money be refunded to me! You have bounced my account!
Lenee Sharak
Le

Comments

Mi
  27th of Sep, 2008
I just saw a charge of $129.95 on my account from the same company!!! I just filed a claim with my bank for a fraud investigation and my money is going to be credited back. You should too.
St
  28th of Sep, 2008
The exact amount of 129.95 disappeared from my account as well. I'll be filing a complaint with my bank on Monday. The NBC Group company did leave a phone number but it was a fax number.
Ka
  28th of Sep, 2008

Nbc Took Money!!! - Took money from my paypal account without authorization!!!
NBC
??
??

Nbc took 39. 95 our of my paypal acct & i certainly did not tell them to touch my account. These are bad people, and they need to be stopped. They are scamming good, inocent, and decent people!!!
Ka
  29th of Sep, 2008
The same thing has just happened to me too--a charge of $129.95 from the NBC Group was taken from my account and the phone number was actually a fax number. I too am filing a fraud claim with my bank and will have to close my debit card and obtain a new one.
Ba
  29th of Sep, 2008
Ya, Me too, the exact amount of 129.95 was electronically debited from my account as well. I called my bank and they are initiating a fraud charge on this Nbc Group, and yes the phone number for them was a fax number.
Well get this I told my brother about it, he told me this same thing happened a couple of years ago to some friends for over a thousand dollars!!! Come to find out nbc group calls you on the phone of course after they have already hacked into your account and know your visa check card number, when you answer your phone even if you only speak to them for 10 seconds that is when they charge your account. They call themselves a credit card company. And they move around the country.
Ma
  29th of Sep, 2008
They charged my account too 39.95. I am going to be filing a complaint with my bank too.
Mi
  29th of Sep, 2008
I noticed on my pending accts on my bank statement a charge for $129.62 from NBC LLC. Called my bank and cancelled my credit card but they said that I would have to let it clear my acct and then file a complaint and dispute charge! I have to let it clear before I can get my money back! This a scam and am going to the BBB and FTC with complaints also!
De
Same thing happened to me...39.85 going to do the same thing
Ti
  29th of Sep, 2008
If you filled out the information to Make Money on Craigslist it's is in very small print that they will chaarge you additional fees. Here is the small print:

To cancel, you must call 888-321-9861 M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
PST within 14 days of the date you ordered. If you elect to take advantage of this offer by checking this box you agree to be charged $39.90 to your credit card
for joining NBC Group, LLC unless you cancel within the trial offer period. We will not have to ask for your credit card or your further contest in order to charge
you. NBC Group, LLC will charge your credit card monthly the membership fee above in effect at that time unless you call to cancel, in addition
to a one time fee of $129.90, which will be billed 30 days from the date you ordered if not cancelled. You must be 18 years or older to order

Hope this helps
Da
  30th of Sep, 2008
Aside from having these charges removed from your accounts, you all need to send your complaints to the office of the Secretary of State in your home state. That's really the only way to fight these rip-off companies.
Ca
  1st of Oct, 2008
I spoke with customer service for this company and was told that I had agreed to the terms and evidently had not read the fine print. I requested my money back and was told that my account could be cancelled however, I would receive no refund. I read to him the comments above and told him that I was filing a complaint with Secretary of State for the Commonwelath of Virginia. He then told me that the money would be refunded and gave me a confirmation number. I am filiong a complaint against this company.
Li
  3rd of Oct, 2008
I also was charged $129.85 to my checking account from my debit card and didnot give any information out to these people. (Craigs list)Caused an overdraft of over $300.00 to my accountit is truely a ripoff. I did not give my bank info to these people so they hacked my pc.
  4th of Oct, 2008
On August 29, 2008, I also fell for this scam. I paid $1.95 for the information. It was charged to my bank account from ONLINEBIZ/MARKET. 800-749-3304 AZ.
On Sept 29, 2008 I was charged $129.85 from the NBCGRP. 888-321-9861. AZ.
I called my bank on Oct 1st, after checking my account online. They said the NBC account was listed as selling periodicals, books, newspapers. Was I sure I hadn't ordered anything ? She told me she would put a hold on my card, but to write a dispute letter and she would send it to Visa. It would take @6 weeks. but keep trying to call the company. After my 4th time of being put on hold, I finally contacted a real person. He told me about the 14 days I had to call in and cancel. He asked me if I wanted to cancel and he would give me a refund. He gave me the transaction #.
I called the bank back and told her to release my card so I could get the money back.
On Oct 2, 2008 I received a refund of $65.00 not the $129.85. If anyone has the original add, I would love to have you email it to me. I am not finished with this company.
  6th of Oct, 2008
On Oct 6th I called for the balance of my money to be refunded. I was sent to the supervisor Mark Murphy. After threatening to go to the Attorney General and BBB and not letting him get a word in, he put me on hold again and then came back and said I would have another 65.85 refunded within 5 days. I didn't correct him as it should of only been 64.85. lets see if it comes through. He would not give me a transaction number this time. Said it would be the same as the last one . I find that hard to believe.
Ga
  6th of Oct, 2008
Yes, I fell for it too! Got my bank statement & there was a $39.95 charge! Called the number provided and with a very pleasant voice I was told I had agreed to this! NO WAY! How did they get my bank info??? Called my auto-bank line & a mysterious charge for $129.85 was just charged to my acct! Again called the number provided on my bank statement & a very sweet voice told me I'd better read the fine print from now on! Where was the fine print??? I just had received an email offering online jobs! No fee stated! She wouldn't refund my $169.70, either. Now my bank acct. is overdrawn. I'm handicapped & live on $800/month!
Da
  14th of Oct, 2008
I was looking into extra income opportunties and came across a site that was operated by NBC Group. I am surprised byt many of the comments, because there is a tiny disclaimer at the bottom of the website stating a free trial period for only the S&H charge od $1.95. After 14 days they charge 39.95 per month with a one time fee of $129.95.

It is simple: Read the fine print and save yourself the hassle. You never get something for free, there is always soem fine print or agreement that is never read.
  14th of Oct, 2008
In answer to dave, I never clicked the box to further the offer once i saw that there was a monthly fee. i have yet to receive the balance of $64.85. I called again today and asked for Mark Murphy. I spoke with Trish instead and she told me that it was "an error on their part, and i would have the 64.85 within 3 to 5 business days."
Co
  16th of Oct, 2008
Just discovered a charge of $39.95 in my checking account. Through investigation of the phone number on charge, I discovered it was NBC Group. I had already cancelled Craig's list (or so I thought). If anyone has anyone to write to about this, please send me an e-mail with address. Thank you very much.
Us
  19th of Oct, 2008
If you actually read the terms & conditions for the things you sign up for online you wouldn't have any "surprise" charges on your accounts.
Be responsible with your money.
  23rd of Oct, 2008
Here's an update on my dispute. I called in again today and spoke with Mark Murphy again. he asked me who told me that i get the balance. I told him that he did. finally reading the notes back to him, he agreed he said it...Now said the girls in the back didn't follow through. So he is issuing a new ticket to credit the $64.85. I will wait another 5 days, but I am sending a letter to the BBB of Phoenix, AZ .