NavigonJunk!

B Review updated:

I recieved the 2100 for Xmas in 2006, with a free traffic for life feature. It was purchased in Nov, therefore the 30 day from reciept had expired. After a long and arduous ordeal, my traffic was installed. It worked for 3 months at a time. I sent the thing back 5 times for repair for this traffic thing that never really worked properly. This time it came back with no traffic anymore. You can't call them anymore. They have deactivated their phone. You have to go online and submit an email. You have got to be kidding me!

Stay away from these guys. The stuff is junk! There is no support. I am stuck with a machine that doesn't work.

More Navigon Complaints & Reviews

• R
      Aug 26, 2009

I have several of there units and they suck compared to Garmin, there customer service sucks, I sent a unit in to be fixed but I have no idea on the status of the unit and sure as hell you can't call anyone and they don't reply to any emails so now what the hell do I do? Navigon SUCKs and so does there products I Engineer the GPS satellites and I would recommend Garmin.

• C
      Sep 16, 2009

Navigon pulled out of the North American market earlier this year so I wouldn't expect anything from them at this point. There are a lot of angry and worried people that paid for the fresh maps subscription that are wondering if Navigon is even going to fulfill it's agreement and continue sending out map updates for it's current customers! They are very late with their latest update so a lot of people are concerned about this! You may see some legal action against them in the near future if they don't resolve this problem!

• T
      Sep 30, 2009

Hey ladies and gents,

Want to see how deep the rabbit hole gets?

How about contact info for senior management to Navigon, 2 days on the web and email to upper managment that don't realize the power of the internet and voila:

un-hee.[protected]@navigon.com (assistant director)
    angela.[protected]@navigon.com (assistant director)

support.[protected]@navigon.com,
    michael.[protected]@navigon.com
    petra.[protected]@navigon.com

support.[protected]@navigon.com

Address all the emails stating important message for Peter Scheufen

He is the CEO that yanked the USA support and ran back to the UK. I say good ridence and where is my money!!!

Ask for the whole refund, slander the new IPhone App, everywhere you go!!!

Navigon needs to know mess with peoples money and loss your money!!

• Y
      Oct 02, 2009

Wow...dreams do come true lol. I was screwed over also on their GPS. Support was awful and hard to come by...

• B
      Oct 06, 2009

I have been dealing with the on-line support team since late June and still have not resolved my issue. It is a continous loop of emails requsting the same information over and over. Without a phone number I am unable to resolve this and I am totally frustrated. If I had to do over again I would not have purchased a product from this company. I know I won't recommend them to anyone.

• J
      Nov 03, 2009

I think we need to sue this company mine is still under warranty and no one gets back to me at all i wish i had bought a garmin now they are at least reliable.

• N
      Jun 02, 2010
    Navigon - ERROR SIGN
    Warrenton
    Virginia

I HAD THIS NAVIGON FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS AND NEVER AHD ANY THING WRONG WITH IT UNTIL NOW AND I REALLY DOD NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO IT. ONE I USE IT AND THE NEXT I WAS GOING TO USE IT BUT IT COMES ON LIKE OTHER TIMES THEN IT POPS UP ERROR SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.

• D
      Jun 21, 2010

I, too, have a Navigon 2100. Everytime, since I purchased it, when I plug it in the car, the screen shows "a unit connected to a computer". It will not do anything else. It has been sent back for repairs, came back, same problem. I gave up and bought a Garmin...works everytime. I hope someone would start a class action suit against Navigon. I post this to help others steer away from Navigon..it's junk.

• B
      Jul 18, 2010

WOW, I have a navigon 21oo and have the same problem with the unit connected to a computer issue. Since mines over a year old its out of warranty...I hate Navigon and I also hate Radio Shack where I bought the piece of crap...they sold it to me and now dont want to hear anything about it!!!

• G
      May 21, 2015

Navigon 2100 updates for the maps do not exist. Navigon ripped us all off and we overpaid for the 2100. The old saying "If i knew then what I know now I would have purchased a GPS from another company."
    The problem with the power cords making the 2100 show it is hooked to a computer when it is not is due the cord not the unit. Navigon used different pins in the cord for communication and power. The only reason I can think of is so you have to purchase a cord AC or DC from Navigon. Other cords look the same and have the same plug but do not operate the 2100 like the OEM cords do. Navigon is a slimy company with poor business practices.