Nature's Freedom / No ship, no refund, no communication

NC, United States Review updated:
3.75

I purchased an item from Nature's Freedom on 7/9/08. After the company ignored my emails and voice messages about the status of the order and a possible refund, I filed a dispute with PayPal on 7/23. Of the dozens of phone calls I made to them, not one was answered by a human. A few times the voice mail box was full and I was unable to leave a message.

As of 12/3, I've received 3 emails from PayPal about pending refunds and all three have failed. This is due to the company's account having a zero balance, since any disputes take priority over any available funds in a PayPal account. This also seems strange since the company's website states that it uses PayPal for online payments. Nature's Freedom took my payment and never gave any indication the goods would ship and have not made any reasonable effort to send a refund in almost 5 months.
Ja

Ponce de Leon
Florida
Phone: Help Line: (850) 419-7741
NATURESFREEDOM.COM

THEIVES! THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAM ARTISTS. THEY OWE ME $200 HAVE REPEATEDLY TOLD ME THAT i WOULD RECEIVE A REFUND OR EVEN MY INITIAL PRODUCT THAT I ORDERED LAST SUMMER, OF WHICH I NEVER DID RECEIVE A REFUND NOR MY ACUTAL PRODUCT., . THEY ARE CON-ARTISTS, AND THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! i HATE NATURE'S FREEDOM!
Na
  28th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We have just recently taken over the management of Natures Freedom, but with that we have no records of any complaints or orders not filled. We are looking into it and have tried to explain this to this gentleman repeatedly.
If in fact he has not received an order that he made with us, and if it was our responsibility, we will take care of it...
when I can confirm the truth.
Sincerely,
Natures Freedom
  28th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
these people are flat out liars. Buyer beware, never trust Nature's Freedom. They never gave me any indication that my product would ship either; and it has been 10 months and they still owe me $200. Theives. Liars. Scammers. Call them what you want, but they won't listen, and if you do try to call them- they won't answer. NATURES FREEDOM SUCKS!
Go
  11th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
We too have placed an order with Nature's Freedom. However, we did not receive the correct product and no attempt was made by the company to help us make an exchange. The product we wanted was far more expensive than the one we received, so we are out that money too.

If this issue is resolved at some point, I will do my best to post the results on this comment board. Otherwise, our complaint stands.
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Nature's freedom is the absolute worst company in the world. Don't ever contemplate doing business with this company, they will cheat you out of many many dollars. BOO Nature's Freedom, Boo. Thumbs down. Zero. F. Failed. Horrible. Worst company I've ever dealt with in my whole life!
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Oh, Yeah the company sucks! They never sent me my product either, same story dude! I hate, absolutely hate getting scammed by people. This company owes my money, and I will see that they repay me, in full. Hear me well, Nature's Freedom, YOU WILL PAY, ME, the money that you owe me, and the dozens of other people that you have scammed, shame on you Nature's Freedom, Shame.
Ty
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
The same thing happened to me, I hate Nature's Freedom too, they are in a breach of contract with me, as well. Good luck at getting repaid!... They won't ever answer the phone, and they will feed you lies.

I agree if this issue is resolved at some point, I too will do my best to post the results on this comment board. Otherwise, this complaint stands.
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Yup, as I told Jake, from Pargould- Same story. Really! What does it really take for a company to make things right, for a customer who was unjustly wronged? Just make things right, Nature's Freedom, just make things right.

Regardless, going along with what "goodie" said> if this issue is resolved at some point, I also will do my best to post the results on this comment board. Otherwise, my complaint stands as it is.
A Quick Brief on what's happened since I last posted this complaint:

Nothing.

A semi-short brief on the exact words told to me by Nature's Freedom.
Basically I couldn't get ahold of the company to find out where my product actually was and was not able to make a contact with anyone about anything regarding my order -due to no reply.

Finally when inquiring in september I was told on September 23rd, by
> merchandiseunlimited@gmail.com, "Hello, Your refund in underway, please
> stand by for further information regarding your refund." in those exact words...

**When asking about how to get a reliable number to contact the company on back on October 7th last year -2008, I was told ...by an "Amanda C." ...Hello Adam Winters,

> We apologize for the continued inconvenience caused by this delay. I
> look forward assisting this matter. I will have a money order
> requested and sent in your name to the following address:
> adam winters
> 4763 wildflowers way
> castle rock CO 80109
> This should clear up things more quickly than waiting for PayPal. I
> am going to make sure that you get this $190.65 right away.
> If you have any questions do not hesitate to reply.

NOT HESITATING TO REPLY I DID, JUST THAT...
Dear Amanda C.

Hello, and thank you for your prompt reply; I do appreciate good
customer service. I would like to know when you will or have sent out
my money order. Please reply by emailing or calling me to inform me of
its whereabouts. The name and address you stated is correct please
ensure that the money order is sent out promptly and that it reflects
my correct information...address...
< AND THEN> NOTHING> EVER!... Until the next year!!!

**Then Miraculously, Nothing happens for the next FOUR months. Nothing.

Then on January 4th I made contact with the company, and have a recorded phone conversation with a Mia.
Was told that she would contact me by the end of next week and would contact me by phone by the next week, of which didn't happen. The next time we spoke was on Feb 1st by e-mail after inquiring about what was taking so long, which said...

Dear Sir,
> I apologize for the length of time it has taken for me to get back to
> you with any information, but the records for this transaction did
> not come with us when we took over the store.
> I know this must be very frustrating for you, as it is for me, being
> neither one of us can resolve this right now. I hope you will bear
> with me as I try to settle this for you.
> I have received a note back from the former management, that says
> they indeed have an unresolved issue with you. But doesn't say what
> it is. So, with that in mind, I will seek find out more, and to get
> your refund or send you your item.
> This may take awhile, because we will have to take it out of our
> business funds, and business is very slow right now and will not pick
> up till late March. As soon as I can I will take care of it.
> I will keep in touch with you, so you know I have not forgotten.

Then after countless emails I can occasionally get a response, but never one that answers any of my questions in the email.such as this one that follows, which was after a really lengthy letter from an irate customer. But honestly, wouldn't it be common sense to like post something on the website regarding new management, or something regarding system updates on the website of which was the reason I was told back in September; regardless, this company's business skills are lacking, severely. But that's just my personal opinion~

Quoting Mia :

> I will see what I can do, as soon as possible.
> Mia Sales@NaturesFreedom.com

That's all. That's it. After like a page long letter, Why Natur'es freedom can't you just fully explain yourselves. You're trapped in a web of lies, now. So, Pay UP.

Quoting "Amanda C." :
>>>
>>>> Dear Sir, I apologize for the length of time it has taken for me to get back
to you with any information, but the records for this transaction didnot come with us when we took over the store. I know this must be very frustrating for you, as it is for me, beingneither one of us can resolve this right now. I hope you will bear with me as I try to settle this for you.I have received a note back from the former management, that says they indeed have an unresolved issue with you. But doesn't
saywhat it is. So, with that in mind, I will seek find out more, and to get your refund or send you your item. This may take awhile, because we will have to take it out of our business funds, and business is very slow right now and will not pick up till late March. As soon as I can I will take care of it. I will keep in touch with you, so you know I have not forgotten

> Quoting Mia :
>> Dear Sir, As was stated in the last email, so it still goes. Pleas=
>> remember, I am promising a resolve to this, and I haven't even been
>> able to find out if your purchase was mailed to you or lost or ???? =A0
>> Anyway, we are all waiting for sales to go up, and Spring to begin.
>> I will keep you posted.
>> Mia Sales@NaturesFreedom.com

>> Dear Sir,
>> I fully understand your frustration. But you are directing all these
>> past letters and your questions to those who are new with this
>> business and have no documents to verify your demands. I do believ=
>> your sincerity, but I cannot authorize anything at this point. So as
>> I wait for business to pick up, I am also searching for facts, not
>> from you, but something in the documents handed over to us when
>> Natures Freedom exchanged ownership.
>> As I said, I will resolve this, but if I am to refund to you monies
>> that have no accountable record on our part, then it must come from a
>> miscellaneous expenditure, of which funds are to low to use right
>> now.
>> Again, I will get back to you with new information as it
>> comes. Sincerely, Mia
>> Mia Sales@NaturesFreedom.com

ON FEBRUARY 25th I emailed the following:
Mia,

I have not heard back from you for two weeks. I would like to know if
you can please send me the water filter that I ordered on June 15th
last year. Please send me my product, along with a receipt for my
order. I expect to receive a prompt reply from you informing me that
my Katadyn Pocket water filter is on the way to my address along with a
receipt for proof of purchase, and a tracking number to track my order.
Please, I urge you to please resolve this issue and send me my product
that was ordered nearly a year ago. Please, I held up my end of the
contract; as I have paid promptly for my product of $190.65 nearly a
year ago! Now it is your turn to serve your customers with some
customer service by holding up your end of the contract; that is,
sending me my Katadyn Pocket Water filter which you are legally
obligated to do under the bilateral contract that Nature's Freedom has
entered into by accepting my payment. Please! Please! Please! Send me
my Katadyn Pocket Water Filter, a receipt and a tracking number. I
don't want to keep e-mailing you about this. For the last time, SEND
ME MY PRODUCT WITH A RECEIPT IMMEDIATELY. Please, Mia, you just send it
to me. Just send me my product. I don't care what you have to do. I
paid $200 for this thing nearly One Year Ago, and I still don't have
it! I need this water filter NOW! I don't want to hear any more
excuses about anything. Understood. Send me my product immediately. I
expect a reply to this message with detailed information of my order
being shipped and a tracking number along with it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

-A. Winters

Friday March 13th, and I still am empty handed, and not to mention dehydrated. NOT HAVING THIS WATER FILTER THAT I ORDERED A YEAR AGO IS MAKING ME ANGRY AND THIRSTY! Damn, Nature's Freedom, I hope I have made my point clear. Fix the problem, already!
Go
  28th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I posted a complaint sixteen days ago because Nature's Freedom sent us the wrong product and then failed to work with us to to resolve the problem. As a result, we were not prepared for a long awaited camping trip.

We had the charges refunded through our credit card company and Nature's Freedom then promptly CORRECTED OUR ORDER, sending us the additional item at a more competitive price than the one listed on their website.

Only six weeks after the initial order was placed, I can say THANK YOU FOR COMING THROUGH AT LAST! I am sorry that everyone else has had such poor luck. Maybe you can try going through your credit card company too?
Ja
  7th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It looks like I am another victim of Nature's Freedom. I placed an order in September of 2008 for an item that was on back order. The company was quick to notify me the item was on back order. I requested the purchase price be refunded as I they could not give me an estimated delivery date. That was the last contact I had from these thieves. It is now April of 2009 and I have not received the back ordered item or a refund. I have sent emails and phone messages. I never gotten a response.

Jake
  14th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same story as Jake above...

It has been 10 months going on a whole F***ing year!

I ordered a water filter on "back order" and still, NOTHING! The company was quick to notify me the item was on back order. I requested the purchase price be refunded as I they could not give me an estimated delivery date.
NOTHING BUT EMPTY PROMISES>

GIVE ME MY ### BACK, NATURE'S FREEDOM, NOW!!!
Ca
  11th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I Agree! I wishI would have checked them out here first before I ordered from Nature's Freedom!!! They are Liars and Thieves and Owe me $ as well! Trust Me, I will get my money back! You are a pile of LIARS with a ### pot full of phone numbers at which none answered, except I did get an answering machine with names on it that I received from my CC Co.!!! I am HOT after these people! Trust me!!! They will pay! I would love to help others too if I could! They Take Your order and have a FAKE Website! 1/2 of it doesn't work!!! But Buyers Beware - The shopping cart does, and then you don't get your items, and they don't answer their phones, and if they do call you back, they LIE TO YOU!!! Shame On You Two!!!
Co

Ponce de Leon
Florida
Phone: (850) 419-7741
nature'sfreedom.com

Do Not Place an Order With This Company! I sent an order a week ago and have been calling the company because the web site said it would ship in 2-3 days.I get what sounds like somone's cell phone voice mail.I have left many messages and sent numerous e-mail with no respose! It is very scary to have given my cedit card number to them already.I will be in contact with my bank to cancel the card as soon as they open this morning!I have been placing orders over the internet for years and I must say this is my first experiance of this nature!
  7th of Aug, 2009
Hey, Capitoltouch~

My name is Adam Winters. I take it you're about at the point I was 9 months ago. This happened to me 13.5 months ago. I AM STILL HOT!!! very pissed about these scam artists takin peoples' money. Anyway, I'm exhausted, we need to find a way to bust these people. Email me at adam dot my last name dot ucdenver dot edu. I wrote it like to to prevent it from being censored. Please let's catch these A**holes!
  7th of Aug, 2009
HEY MAN, that's real unfortunate that this happened to you. My best recommendation to you is to cancel the order and dispute the charge thru your cc asap. I was past the deadline and there was no re-course for me, I am in the same position; I've been an online customer for years, and never been took like this. Its been 13.5 months and I'm still hot about it. Let me know what your recourse is and if you have any help for others, But I suggest that you yourself dispute that charge immediately. Otherwise, it may be too late. Anyway good luck bud, email me at adam.winters@email.ucdenver.edu...
Fa
  13th of Aug, 2009
Greetings, fellow victims of Naturesfreedom.com:

WOW, what I wouldn't give to go back in time and read all your posts BEFORE I stupidly ordered from that "too good to be true" website.

On 06/20/2009, I placed an order for the "Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512" - the price was too good to pass up, so I was okay with it being backordered. The website said that it would be delivered within 2-3 weeks, putting the tent at my door step around 7/14/2009 (generously). This is where it all goes horribly wrong.

I placed the order on 6/20/2009, and the money is taken out of my acct. nearly immediately (gotta love the devotion; that was a Sunday around 10:00pm their time). I received an order confirmation with an order number on 6/26/2009 - nearly a week after the money was taken from the acct. This should have raised red flags but did not - I've certainly had smarter moments in life. So I wait until 7/10/2009, at which time they should have had the item in their inventory and ready to ship. I hear nothing from them; no e-mails saying my item is on the way, nothing... I called the company both at the number on their website, and at the number listed next to my CC charge, to receive "this mailbox is full." I sent an e-mail requesting a status update on 7/16/2009 (my items should have arrived by this point) and am replied to by an "Eddie" on 7/20/2009 with "Hi Ben, I'm looking into it."

"Ben" was no part of my order; I do not even know a "Ben." That was the last reply I ever got from the company. I have a friend who also fell into this trap who got two e-mails from someone named "Mia" on 7/21/2009 stating that the Eureka 1512's were delayed and would arrive on his doorstep on Aug 12th. Since he actually received a reply - and not to a "Ben" - I asked my friend to inquire about my order as well. He has yet to receive a response nearly three weeks later.

We decided to wait until Aug 10th before taking action with our respective banks. The date came and passed; we have sent e-mails requesting refunds and both received nothing. We have both contacted our banks, who gave us a temporary credit while they investigate the matter. I'm still not sure how that is going to go down, but here is my advice to everyone who has been taken advantage of by this company:

Make a complaint with consumer advocacy sites like the BBB. Make as many complaints and posts as you can; the more you get your story out there, the more likely Google will return it as a hit when someone searches for "Natures freedom." Also, try contacting the manufacturers of the products you ordered and tell them your story; if they have a way of stopping Naturesfreedom from selling their items (if that's what they ever did) perhaps they will. Also look for seals on the company website, like Authorized Merchant and things like that. Contact them and tell them your story; the more we can let people know about this the better.

It might be too late for some of us, and the damage is done, but perhaps we can keep it from happening to other people.