Natures Best / Scam

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I wish I would have seen this site before I ordered my free sample that came with no instructions until I saw my credit card bill and saw I was charged for the product. I called to cancell the operator stated I would recieve a credit on my statement in 7-10 days for the $88.00 charge. Never happened I refused the shipment and It was sent back to them. In another month another charge for $93.25. I called them again and was givin another story by another operator. I will never give my card out to another company on line after this. Ufortunatley it punishes companies who are leagite.

Dh

Comments

Feb 19, 2009

I received the "free trial" yesterday. Tried for one day. Today I looked on bank account and there is an unauthorized charge for $79.00.
    Will cancel immediately.

• Pe
      Mar 04, 2009
    Natures Best - additional charges on credit card

i answered a 30 day trial free ad for acia berry supplement pills. i was only supposed to pay for shipping and handling. they were also supposed to e-mail me to let me know i was being charged if i didn't respond by the time the trial period was up. but the invoice that i received with my free trial pills does not have a single word and in any fine print about any contract of the sort. since, i have paid for shipping and handling twice and have paid them an additional $79.95 and have received nothing for the charge. i have saved all of my e-mails and have never had a response of any kind from this company "natures best". What can i do if anything???? [protected]@yahoo.com

• Pe
      Mar 04, 2009

took me 11 days to get my trial free acia berry. besides that when i tried to call and cancel right away, all i got was frank sinatra on hold. then finally i got disconnected after several attempts of the same thing.. gee, you'd think i would of gotten a clue!!!

• Fr
      Mar 05, 2009

A search through CNN.News.com

"FREE TRIAL OFFERs" FOR ACAI BERRY ARE NOT FREE!
    In fact they will cost you more than 4 TIMES AS MUCH as it should cost per bottle. These scammers will charge your credit card at least $80 per bottle each month. That more than twice as much as quality freeze-dried acai berry should cost. And to make it worse, they send you crappy drum dried Acai Berry, which cost about 1/2 as much to produce. So you end up paying at least 4 times more per bottle than you should.

YOU WILL BE SIGNED UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION
    Yes, they say they just charge you for shipping. If that were so, it wouldn't be bad. But in reality, they just want your credit card number and will bill you every month for a subscription you didn't sign up for. They bury the fine print in their terms and conditions.

YOU WILL SPEND HOURS TRYING TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION
    There will either be noone to contact to return the crappy product, or they will say you have to call their customer service number to get return authorization. When you do, you are put on hold and shuffled between different people until you give up. Don't believe me? Before you purchase, call or email them and say you did not sign up for a subscription and please stop sending the product. You will get the runaround

THEY WILL SHIP YOU A CRAPPY, NEARLY WORTHLESS NO NAME BRAND OF ACAI BERRY SUPPLEMENT
    They don't expect you to be happy with the product. They don't care, so they make even more money by shipping you crap. Acai Berry supplements must be freeze dried, or else they lose most of the nutrients and antioxidents. These scammers use cheap, heat processed Acai that cost 1/2 as much. Read more about choosing a quality supplement

THEY OFTEN BUNDLE OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE SUBSCRIPTION TO CHARGE YOU EVEN MORE
    It's really obscene what some of these scammers do. We've listed a common offer below, where they bundle additional offers if you do not deselect the checkbox (it's checked by default). Some are hitting people with $150 a month in charges.

• Co
      Mar 07, 2009

Cathy,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns you may have had during the shipping of your order. Thousands of orders are received every day and our agents do their best to ensure that all mailing addresses have been properly entered, but occasionally a mistake might be made. For this issue, we apologize. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives at the listed number (1-800-983-7968). Our agents will be more than happy to look up your order and verify that the address has been entered correctly and then reship you our fat-burning Nature's Acai Berry Supplement. They will also be able to extend your trial period! Your satisfaction is our number one concern. We hope to hear from you soon to resolve any outstanding issues. Have a great day!

Mar 11, 2009
    Natures Best - Unauthorized billing
    Natures Best
    naturesbest.com

Natures best ad for free trial of acai berry gives you 14 days to cancel. You do not receive it for 5 - 7 days and then you need time for your body to react to it. When you call to cancel they tell you the next shipment of 79.00 was already shipped and can not get refund. Then they tell you about the 2 other products you subscribed to that you know nothing about. In an accent that i can not understand she tells you about fine print in the terms and conditions policy. After getting nowhere you finally give up. It cost me 79.00 so I would like to help someone else to stay away from free trial offers. Nothing is free.

• Co
      Mar 11, 2009

Chuck,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!