Natures Best Accai Berry / UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

1 1447 LONG BAY ROADMiddleburg, FL, United States Review updated:

CHARGING CREDIT CARD WITHOUT MY PERMISSON. THEY CAHRGED MY ACCOUNT OF $79.96 ON 02/11/2009 WITHOUT MY PERMISSON. PLEASE HAVE THEM REMOVE THIS CHARGE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I ONLY ORDERED THE COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE AND WAS NOT TOLD ANYTHING ABOUT MORE BOTTLES EACH MONTH. I REALLY COULD USE YOUR HELP IN GETTING THIS CHARGE REMOVED. IF THIS DOESN'T GET REMOVED I WILL REPORT SCAM CHARGES AGAINST THIS COMPANY.

HELP!!!
JOYCE BELL

Comments

• Cw
      9th of Feb, 2009
    Natures Best Accai Berry - Charging Credit Card w/out permission
    Natures Best
    trynaturesbestacai.com

HELP... THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT $88.62 ON FEBRUARY 9, 2009 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. PLEASE HAVE THEM REMOVE THIS CHARGE. I ONLY ORDERED THE COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE, NOT A BOTTLE EACH MONTH. HELP...

• Co
      10th of Feb, 2009

On Behalf of Nature's Best Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, fighting cancer, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If this is not the case, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Mw
      12th of Feb, 2009

They charged my account $85.91 without authorization, and it's 10 days and I still don't have more product. If there were "terms fully disclosed", then they must have been in very small print, because I didn't see ANYTHING that said I was signing up for more product without authorization. There was also no phone number on the packing slip I received, or on the bottle, so until I searhed for this website, I had no way to cancel my membership. I haven't tried the product yet, but even if I like it, I won't buy it from a company that works like this one.

mwoodcock

If you wait on these crooks, they will continue to charge your credit card without your authorization. Get rid of the card. Let your bank know about the fraudulent charges.

The longer you wait, it gives them the advantage to dry up that credit card.

They also sell your information and credit card to other telemarketers.

12th of Feb, 2009

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you" or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days".

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

MWoodcock

This was posted on this website:

Posted: 2009-02-11 by sam

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    PURE ACAI BERRIES
    Oak Hill, West Virginia

I AM 61 YRS OLD AND WHAT A FOOL I WAS, TO FALL FOR SUCH A SCAM AS THIS COMPANY HAS, ONE MINUTE AFTER I HAD FILLED IN THE FORM AND GAVE THEM MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER, I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM... I CALLED MY BANK AND TRIED TO HAVE THE PAYMENT STOPPED, THEY WOULD NOT DO THIS FOR ME.. I WAS TOLD CANCEL YOUR ORDER OR YOUR DEBIT CARD... I HAD ALREADY READ THAT YOU COULD NOT CANCEL THE ORDERS, FROM READING COMPLAINTS, ONLINE..SO I HAD TO CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD... I COULD NOT LOOSE ANY BIG AMTS . OF MONEY..
    MY SON WORKS FOR THE FBI, AND WHEN I CALLED HIM, AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED, HE SAID TURN IT IN TO THE FBI, MOM..SO I BEGAN MY PLAN, I CALLED THE NUMBER AND ON THE SECOND TIME THEY ANSWERED, I TOLD THEM HOW ANGRY I WAS TO BE SCAMMED, AND THAT I HAD ALREADY CANCELLED MY CARD, THEY COULD NOT CHARGE ME ANYMORE, I INFORMED THEM I WAS TURNING THIS IN TO THE FBI.. AND THE NEXT 2 DAYS, THEY CALLED ME ON THE PHONE, FIRST TWO CALLES I DIDN'T ANSWER, NOT KNOWING WHO IT WAS, THIRD CALL I PICK UP ON.. THEY ASK FOR ME BY NAME AND ASK ME IF I KNEW THAT I WAS ENROLLING IN THEIR CLUB, WHEN I ASK FOR THE FREE SAMPLE, I SAID NO, NO.. AND REMINDED HIM THEY COULD NOT GET ANYMORE MONEY FROM ME... I THEN EMAILED THEM WITH THE FACTS THAT I DISCOVERED ON THEIR WEBSITS, WITH PROOF THAT THEY WERE SCAMMING PEOPLE... WELL THE NEXT DAY THEY CHANGED THEIR SITES.. REMOVING SOME PICTURES OF A GIRL CLAIMING TO BE TWO PEOPLE WITH THE SAME STORY OF WEIGHT LOSS.. BUT I HAD ALREADY COPIED THESE PAGES.. AND ALSO COPIED THE LATER, WHICH I AM TURNING OVER TO THE FBI.. I FEEL FOR ALL YOU, JUST AS I FELT FOR MYSELF, KNOWING WHAT THOSE KINDS OF WITHDRAWALS FROM MY MONEY, WOULD KILL ME.. I FEEL VERY GLAD THAT WHEN I STOPPED MY DEBIT CARD THE 5.95 WAS THEN PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT, BUT I PAID 30.00 DOLLARS TO STOP MY CARD... I WANT THIS MONEY BACK FROM PURE ACAI BERRY... PLEASE STOP YOUR CARDS FOLKS ... WE NEED TO STOP THESE SCAMS..

• Mo
      24th of Feb, 2009

I placed on online order for the Nature's Best Accai Berry on 02/03/2009 and on 02/12/2009 I had received nothing. On 02/12/2009, I called the customer service number provided and I was told that they had some problems with their shipping during that week and the lady told me that she would send me an extra bottle free of charge out on that day. On 02/23/2009, I called the customer service number again and tried to explain that I had not gotten the product. I had it shipped to work so that I could be sure someone signed for it. From what I am seeing, I am not the only one that has not received the product but, I have been charged money. On 02/03/2009 my account was charged $4.99 for a free trial off of 14 days but not product delivered, on 02/23/2009 my account was charged another $79.96 and still NO PRODUCT. When I called to cancel all future shippments on 02/23/2009, I was told that the $79.96 could not be reversed due to the 14 day trial period being over. I was also told that even if I returned the product un-opened to the company, that I could not get my money back. To me, this is flat out stealing!! I hope that someone will see this and NOT go forward with an order from this company. I plan to do everything I can to get my money back.

• Ka

PURE ACAI BERRIES
    Oak Hill, West Virginia

• Ka
      24th of Feb, 2009

Also posted on this website but only part of it:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

• Mo
      24th of Feb, 2009

I placed an online order for the Nature's Best Acai Berry on 02/03/2009. On 02/12/2009 I still had not received my product. I called customer service and I was told that they would re-ship because they had some shipping problems during the week of my first order. On 02/23/2009 still no product. I called back to cancell any other future shipments and to let them know that I still had not received the product. I was told that due to it being after the 14 day trial period, I could not get my money back even if I sent the product back un-opened. My account was charged $79.96 on 02/23/2009 without any authorization and to me, this is flat out STEALING!! I hope this company pays for what they have done and I plan to do everything I can to get my money back.

• Re
      24th of Feb, 2009

It's called Debit Card Fraud!! I JUST got off the fone with my bank and the young lady I spoke with, said this is happening to my/our bank...3 AND 4 times a day!! My bank is initiating Debit Card Fraud case against these people! I have to go in person, to my bank. have them print out a statement, point out the charges I did NOT make (personally), and the bank will take care of everything!!! I suggest you all do that too...AND Cancelling your Debit Card is THE only way to stop them from stealing your money!! 30 dollars is a small price to pay to keep those thieves from taking anymore of your precious cash!!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
    We never saw it coming!! And they, (Acai thieves), KNOW there is NO notice ANYWHERE on their site, in their contract, the reciept, anywhere, that says you will be automatically charged for stuff you had not ordered...These people need to be strung up ...and things I shouldn't even be thinking about!!

• Mi
      24th of Feb, 2009

I too got scammed one time with these stinking thieves. You could not get through on any of their phone numbers and they would not answer emails. After researching the group, It seems that their main site is located in or around Las Vegas. They have 2 other sites
    at:
    and
    Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals
    20100 South Vermont Ave. Torrance, CA 90502
    800-983-7968

The billing takes place out of the NV site. This one they keep hidden. Probably for if they need to fold and move. The other sites, I would guess, are just fronts.

I have cancelled my card since Wells Fargo was not very helpful in getting this resolved. I have been with that bank for a number of years. Now I am considering to change my bank to one that is more progressive to helping their customers from getting scammed.
    These people need to be prosecuted. They enroll you in several other con groups to milk you of more money. Amir and Sanchez. Sounds like a real reputable group huh? Their website, https://www.trynaturesacaiberry.com, is definitely a site to be avoided.
    But they will probably have a new one shortly under a different name.

• Je
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I ordered a free trial of Nature's Best Accai Berry. I looked and looked for the "fine print" but could not find anything on the site. I ordered anyway and was charged the $4.95 soon after. I have now been charged $79.96 for the accai berry, 29.95 for LifeStyle Fit consultation, and $2.95 for some Cost Smash site. I did not authorize any of those three later charges and have complained numerous times to the company with minimal result. They said they would credit the $29.95 and $2.95 charges, but I have yet to see this happen. They refuse to credit the $79.96. I am very displeased with this company and will keep working to get my money back.