Nature's Best Acai / Did not order and charged

1 20100 S Vermont Ave, Torrance, CA 90502Torrance, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-983-7968

I responded to a Nature's Best Acai marketing email on 1/20/09, which said "free" for a small S/h charge. I was billed immediately for $4.99, for the first bottle. Then $85.91 for a second bottle, shipped immediately and which I did not order. Then $29.95 for a "Lifestyle and Fitness Program" which I did not order. Then, a $2.95 charge for some marketing program, at www.costsmash.com, which I did not order. There was never listed anything on their website, nor their email which said you would automatically be enrolled in other programs and recurring charges for more supplements. I called the numbers on my credit card bill and was told they could not reverse the charges. Even if I returned the product, they could not reverse the charges. They said a manager would not come to the phone, because handling customers was their job. This is fraud and they are using Oprah, Rachael Ray and Dr Perricone's names to endorse their products. I have sent in a dispute claim on my credit card, but wonder if I will ever get any money back. Has anyone ever received their credit cards reversed charges on these scams? If so, how did you do it?

Comments

• Tr
      18th of Feb, 2009
    Nature's Best Acai - They charged me after I cancelled
    Gaston
    South Carolina

I ordered the 14 day free trial and there was no kind of agreement or anything. Well they got a lot more out of me than the $4.99 S&H. I had only had the product for 3 days and they charged my card another $79.96. I called and they cancelled my account, at least they said they did, but refused to give me a credit!! This is a scam and as far as I'm concerned, stealing!! The girl that I talked to could hardly speak a word of English, the whole experience was horrible!!

• Na
      5th of Mar, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me. Just today, I found a $2.95 charge and I had already gone to my bank and am getting a new bank card. Nothing else was supposed to be able to go through. Now I will go to the bank again and report fraudulant charges. You may have noticed some international serv. chgs. The bank said those were from my bank, so apparently they have their money deposited overseas. I was told by my bank that it will take about 10 days to put the $ (about $170.00) back into my acct. Maybe yours will do the same. Good Luck. I will never order anything online again with my bank card!

5th of Mar, 2009

Call them back and ask for Brooke Boules. I had the same issue and I did get my money back. Also, get the bank to issue you a new visa so tey cant charge you next month

• Gl
      16th of Mar, 2009
    Nature acai - Acai Berry Supplement
    nature acai
    Donalsonville
    Georgia
    Phone: 229-524-1091

this company tried to debit 85.91 out of mw account.I have not given any authorization for this.

• Ed
      28th of May, 2009
    Nature's Best Acai - Acai Berry Supplement
    Nature's Best Acai
    Reno
    Nevada
    Phone: 1-800-983-7968
    natures-acai.com

These damned thieves placed two unauthorized charges on my credit card totaling $170 and absolutely refused to remove them. The credit card company won't remove the charges since I can't prove that I didn't order anything from that company. Since when did we become guilty until proven innocent?

• Ed
      28th of May, 2009

That company should be shut down!!!

• Br
      5th of Aug, 2009

It's happening to me too. I will try reporting fradulant charges also. I hope it works. We have to band together and get these crooks stopped!

26th of Aug, 2009

I also have been having a problem with this same company. I have contacted by phone and email and they just keep charging my account. I tried to stop right after I received the product and they stop sending me the product but keep charging my credit card. Now I am changing my card number in order to stop the. Sandra Skay

26th of Aug, 2009

I have been having the same problem. I have contacted them by phone and emails to no avail. They stopped sending me the product, but keep charging my credit card for $85.91. I am having to change my credit card number just to stop them. This is so sad.

9th of Sep, 2009