Natures Best Acai Berry / Unauthorized Charge

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Natures Best has charged my wamu account with $79.96 worth of fess. I Deon'ta Hampton, was only suppose to have paid $4.99 for shipping of the acai berry merchandise. Natures Best is offering a free trial of the acai berry product however, the word free is bogus. I want my money credited back to my wamu account.

Comments

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2009

Deon'ta,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Bo
      28th of Feb, 2009

My credit card was charged for the $79.96 for nothing. I was to pay the $4.99 for shipping only. I want my account credited the $79.96 .

• Bo
      28th of Feb, 2009

I was also charged the $79.96 to my credit card when I should be only charged $4.99. I would like to have my credit card credited the $79.96 and also any other charges that were unauthorized to use. This Ia bull.

• Gu
      28th of Feb, 2009

The above listed number dumps you into a an operator database where someone with an east indian accent takes your name and number so that a company rep can call you back. I gave em my info but won't hold my breath. Man what a scam. You think your just into it for $4.99 and they get you "slick willy" style. Bad bad business practice. Here is another number to try for cancellations that I found:

1-877-495-1182 (mon-fri 9am to 9pm est)

Good Luck, I'm pissed off too.

• Me
      4th of Mar, 2009

I had the same thing happen they charged my account but I never received the product. I have called several times and all they keep telling me is they can reship the product, I don't want the product I want the $79.96 charge credited back to my account. Not only did it cost me the $79.97 but it over draft my account which cost me another $40 + dollars they are rip off or scammers how ever you want to look at it they are ripping people off

• Ho
      5th of Mar, 2009

My account was also debited for $79.96 the $4.99. I want my money back. I called today and got the run around. This is a shame. I have reported them to the BBB and will be contacting my attorney.

• Na
      9th of Mar, 2009

Yes this a scam!!! I was charged 4.99, 29.95 for a membership, 2.95 for a membership to some website I have never heard of and 79.95 plus 81.95. Not only am I going to call the BBB, put the attorney generals office for my state. All the numbers I have tried are no good!!!
    I should have known better.!

• Ca
      9th of Mar, 2009

I am currently on hold trying to talk to a supervisor regarding my refund for product sent at the intro price of $4.99 and charged for full price. I am number 67 so I guess there is a lot of people who want a refund. Not only did I not get my refund from the regular customer service rep - but I had a lot of trouble understanding what she said. This product made me sick to my stomach when I took it --with or without food. It took me 25 minutes to get to talk to a supervisor. Her name was Rochelle and she did not offer any more help than the rep at first. She did explain that I was getting a refund of $2.95 for a cost matching program and $29.95 for another program that I did not even realize that you automatically get signed up for when you get the trial. She kept saying she did not have the authorization to refund my $85.91for one month supply. I then asked if there was anyone there who did have the authorization to refund my money. She then said she would ask her FLOOR MANAGER - she came back promptly and gave me a conformation number for the refund in full. Guess persistance pays off and thanks to Rochelle for being so courteous and helpful.

• Ls
      19th of Mar, 2009

I also got fooled when I didn't read the 6point blurry type explaining the company's program. When I first called to complain, they just refunded the 2 extra programs that you didn't even know you were a part of for getting the 'free trial'. The person said that I could return the 2nd bottle but he didn't know if I'd get credit for it because it wasn't their policy to take returns- interesting. Your post inspired me to call one more time before I contacted my credit card company to file a dispute. I got a nice customer service supervisor who credited back everything and I just need to send the unopened bottle back.

• Rb
      20th of Mar, 2009

BEWARE!!! This is a total marketing scam! The advertising is deceptive and they also slipped in memberships for 2 separate programs at $29.95 and $2.95 monthly fees (Fit Factory and Cost Smashers). I don't even know what they are about!!!

I contacted their customer service number (877-495-1182) to cancel the order after receiving the first $85.91 charge and of course there's no record of my call so I got a second bottle a month later. When I called again to let them know I sent the bottle back and to get a refund I could barely hear the service rep. on the phone. The reception is really bad and you can't get half of what they are saying.

The best course of action is to get your client number from the service rep. and ask for a supervisior. These are the people who can actually help you. The reps. can't do anything anyway. Good Luck.

• Sj
      27th of Apr, 2009

I disputed the charges on my credit card with my credit card company. They explained that it is not fraud since I willingly gave them my number, but it is unauthorized charging. I didn't get any further bottles or services. I'd strongly advise others to not fall for this scam!