natures-acai.comreno / unauthorized charge on debit account of $79.96

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I authorized shipping payment $4.99, from my checking account for free sample
bottle of natures acai. I received the bottle, but then was charged an additional $79.96, which overdrafted my account. I called my bank and they issued me a new debit card, closing out the old one. The bank investigated the claim and came to the conclusion that I had authorized the transaction and ended the claim. Please do something about this company! From the comments that I have read, I'm glad I cancelled my debit card before they charged again.
Is there anyway I can be reimbursed the $79.96?

Ca

Comments

• Co
      13th of Mar, 2009

Carolu,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Ro
      14th of Mar, 2009
    natures-acai.comreno - Unauthorized charge of $79.96
    Natures-Acai
    California

I authorized the shipping and handling charge of $4.99 and was posted to my account on 03/02/09 to cover for delivery of their sample product that I have not received todate. And today, 03/14/09 when I checked my account, there's a pending charge of $79.96 which I have not authorized since until now, I have not received their sample product.

I think this kind of practice of doing business is illegal and should be stopped.

• De
      14th of Mar, 2009

I was just reading an article about some lady who listened to Oprah and her diet with acai berries and cleansing chemicals. In this story the lady claims to have lost a lot of weight from pills that cost less than $10.oo. This ten dollars refered to the shipping and handling fees to recieve sample products of acai berry pills and some colon cleansing pills. I think one was 4.95 and the other was some where around 3 dollars. Anyway, I had no idea that this would happen, good thing I never got around to doing that. If anyone else has this experience, I 'd like to know how this process works or doesn't work for you.

• Da
      15th of Mar, 2009

I too was scammed by the Reno Acai company, I wasn't happy with the product but when I called customer service they would say they were "busy" after getting my information and said they would call me back. Well after trying to reach them for two weeks, during which time they took $79.96 and then $85.91 out of my bank account, they finally spoke to me, saying they COULDN'T refund my money because my time was exceeded. Of course it was, they scammed me, when I asked to talk to a supervisor I was put on hold for 50 minutes, I called back and the supervisors were "busy" and I was told again my time had "exceeded". So now I have my phone records of calling them before my time would have exceeded, so I plan to get legal assistance, this scam was seemed "planned" and I don't care if it costs me double to get my refunds to show these people they can't do this to innocent customers, IT'S NOT RIGHT!!!

• Lk
      22nd of Mar, 2009

The "free" trial offer ended up costing $79.96. I was under the impression, incorrectly so, that I would be charged for the following shipment which was okay by me because I was still trying to decide if it was working in the 14 day period. Before I knew it, I was hit with another $85.91 and some other charge that I never authorized (knowingly anyway) for $29.95 for Selfhelp ffcom, Las Vegas. The customer service credited this amount but I still have no idea what it was for. Then there was another $2.95...Anyhow, be careful. I feel pretty stupid and didn't lose a pound.

• Ka
      24th of Mar, 2009
    natures-acai.comreno - unauthorized charges
    Karis Kominitsky
    9255 Blue Oak Dr.
    Orangevale
    California
    Phone: 916 988-9326

I visited the website for acai berry capsules in late January or early February. The ad was for one free sample bottle for $1.99. I was asked for my credit card number. In February I received my credit card statement with $79.96 charged. My next statement reflects an additional charge for $85. I have two bottles which remain unopened. I do not want this product. These charges have to stop and I demand that they be reversed. I will be happy to return the unopened bottles. My next step is to contact my credit card company and close the credit card if I must.

Signed,
    Karis Kominitsky

A reply from this website would be most welcome. Thanks!

• Ra
      27th of Mar, 2009

I, would like a refund charges on my account. I, haven't received any products for nor am I, interested in this product any longer.

• Ra
      27th of Mar, 2009

Please cancel all future orders and refund of charges to my bank account

• Re
      4th of Apr, 2009

I had the same 29.95 charge from selfhelp ffcom. I was smart enough to cancel my free trial within the like 12 day window but I don't know what this charge is. Does anyone still have the customer service number?

• Rh
      8th of Apr, 2009

I too had the same thing happen from Natures Acai Berry, i was charged 79.96, after i got the free sample, , there is no number even on the bottle to call them and cancel, all part of their fraud i think.This page was so helpful because thats where i got the contact number to call them finally, i demanded a refund and cancellation, and i got it, i think if you are persistent enough you will get the refund, they should put their contact number on their product and they should be more clear in letting you know it is only free for 14 days and that after 14 days you will be charged 79.96, if you dont call which is tough when they make it hard for you to find the telephone number to do that, .Be very careful and read the small print when ordering this not so free sample.

• Ru
      9th of Apr, 2009

HUGE SCAM from the Natures Acai and Bromalite companies!!! The give you a "free" trial and then charge your card for $85.95 for each bottle later on and sign you up to recieve two bottles every month or so and charge your card accordingly... They need to be reported!!! If you try and call their number which cannot be found except on your bank statement - you are sent to a call center in the Phillipines - and they take you through an endless process to "refund" the charges. The refunds can take anywhere from 30-45 days!!! Stay away unless you want them to charge your card for the rest of your life!! Cheer people! Customer Service number to get your refund is 866-407-1022.

• Re
      9th of Apr, 2009

I figured it all out, in the fine print it says that if you don't cancel with in the 12 or 14 days (I don't remember what it was) you will be charged for the bottle you already have, the 79.96. Should you still not cancel you will be charged for the second bottle, the 85.91.

The 29.95 was for the website www.selfhelpff.com which upon ordering the sample. If you do not cancel with in the 21 days, you will be charged for that. You must call 1-800-957-6988 to cancel so they don't charge you again.

Sorry to everyone who got ###ed, I did too for part of it, sure taught me a lesson.