natures acai.com / charged for product that I did not order.

1 Washougal, WA, United States Review updated:

I went of the Website for ACAI berries to see about the free sample. I ordered a sample and paid the shipping fee of $4.99 with my debit card. I have never recieved the product but now I have a debit of 79 + dollars on my account. I have not ordered any product for this amount nor do I want any. 9a

Comments

• Br
      16th of Feb, 2009

they charged my account $79.96 without my consent

17th of Feb, 2009

They also charged my account 79.96...The day it posted on my account the phone number did not appear
    (in most cases it can be easily removed if caught before midnight) It was 2 days later B 4 their phone number was available...when it was too late, because the package had been shipped. You actually have 60 days if using a credit OR debit card.

• Be
      17th of Feb, 2009

I agree with this complaint because it's exactly what happened to me. The distributor listed on my sample bottle was Amir and Sanchez nutraceutical. I would be interested in finding out if/how this customer's money ($79.95) was returned.

18th of Feb, 2009

They charged my account $79.96 on 2/13/09 with out my consent. I have left messages for a week and no one has returned my phone call. Please terll me what I can do.

• El
      18th of Feb, 2009

Mine account also. I disputed it with my credit card company, but have little patience with this sort of thing.

• Do
      19th of Feb, 2009

I agree. I just checked my bank account and the same thing happened to me. It was posted on 2/17/09. What can we do??

20th of Feb, 2009

I just checked my bank account this morning and they charged me 79.96 without my permission. What can I do to fix it? 2/1909. aoudraad@gmail.com

• Ki
      20th of Feb, 2009

To be honest I didn't read anything that stated I would need to call, I though I just ordered a free trail and if I wanted to exted it there would be paperwork allowing me to do so. When I called I was told that I ordered the product on Feb 1, 2009 and did not receive it until Feb 17, 2009. According to there fine print you are to call and cancel your subscription to the product with in 15 days of order placement or you will be charged the $79.96, and each month there after you will be shipped and billed. Along with automatically being signed up for 2 other memberships that you probably do not want. Upon calling I was told that I would not get a refund due to not cancelling within the 15 days allowed. When I received the package there was only a bottle and an pretty much blank invoice nothing with a phone number or a reminder to call and cancel. I have been on hold for 40 minutes in an attempt to speak with a manager to be continually told that it did not matter when I received the product I was to cancel within the 15 days. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT YOU ARE NOT GIVEN AMPLE TIME TO TEST IT BEFORE YOU ARE MADE TO PAY AN OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT FOR IT... LOOK IN YOUR VITAMIN SECTION YOU WILL FIND IT THERE FOR $5.00. I will be looking into a class action law suite, if you were smart you would do the same!!! Kim-Illinois

• Ju
      26th of Feb, 2009

I did call and cancel on the day I recieved my Natures.acai product and read the agreement that WAS not indicated on the website. The representative cancelled my account over the phone and assured me a confirmatin email would follow. It did not receive one and and I was billed the $79.96 2 weeks later. I am contacting my bank to refuse the transaction and also phoned the company again to cancel. 800-983-7968
    I did get confirmation this time and also found that I had 2 other commitments for other products that were automatically set up for me. I got canellation confirmation for those too.

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2009

Diane and Judy,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Furthermore for Diane, if you call that same customer service number, they would not only be able to verify your mailing address and reship the Nature's Acai Berry, but they are also able to extend your trial period. Either way, at this point in time, I recommend calling that number and speaking to one of our helpful customer service representatives. Your satisfaction is our number one concern. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you and have a great day!

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2009

Brent, Stray, Beverly, Margie, Elderirish, Angela, and Kim:

Because all of you seem to have had the exact same issue, I will address all of you at the same time in my response. Hopefully it will be somewhat helpful. On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). For those of you who did not get your product right away, it would have been good to call this number as soon as possible. Our customer service representatives could not only have verified your order and your address, but they then could have reshipped the product and extended your trial period. Because most of our customers receive their product next-day, this is when the trial period starts. Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any continuing issues. I hope that this message has been somewhat helpful. Thank you and have a great day!

• Me
      1st of Mar, 2009

Well, i got your product promo, from an offline message of my friend, it was a testimonial that they lost weight. So i did, thinking it really came from him. Last Sunday, I ordered for the trial, which I havent received up to now. So happened I talked to him today and told me he did not send that offline message and he doesnt know about that acai berry thing. What's going on people?I hope I will not be charged anymore on this cause I am no longer interested in your product. There's something going on with the promotions of your product and that's dishonesty. I would like to reiterate that I am no longer interested in your product nor interested in any thing and I dont want any charges coming to my bill.

Melody Sy

• Jl
      2nd of Mar, 2009

After being notified that my checking account was overdrawn I checked it out only to find 3 unauthorized charges all linked to Natures-Acai. I went to the bank today and was told that I have to deal with this company and try to settle a charge that I had no say in. I had ordered the FREE trial and was charged the 4.99 shipping and thought that was that. What a shock to find out that it actually cost me another 100.00. All I can say is they must have no confidence in their product if they have to trick you into buying more and "subscribe" to web sites for no reason. I have tried to contact customer service..I called Acai number today and was told they would call me back due to the volume of the calls they are receiving..he didn't even let me tell him why I was calling. I also tried email..haven't heard back on that one and I really doubt I will. If this is such a wonderful product why all the deception? If I have the option of cancelling why can't I get through to anyone ? If you have to trick people into purchasing your product what kind of a reputation are you making for you company or don't you care? If Natures-Acai cured cancer at this point I couldn't recommend it to anyone. And now I have bank fees to pay too, wow thanks so much.

2nd of Mar, 2009

Buyer Be Ware!!!
    Dangerous company if there really is one to deal with...
    SCAM ALERT!!!

3rd of Mar, 2009

this company is a scam! just seen they charged me 85.00 for nothing!! all i wanted was a free trial! they inrolled me into other trials that i never agreed on! they didnt want to give me m money back untill i told them i was getn my lawyers involved!! stay away fro this company!!

• Br
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Yes I ordered the product also. I did call to cancel and was charged with one months supply. Also, in checking my visa bill I found that I had been charged for 2 other expenses each month. One was for $29.95 for fit-fac.com and the other was for $8.5l for PriceSavers.com. I was given credit for 2 months worth of charges for these 2 items, but again had to pay for 1 month. I had never used this and didn't have any idea what the charges were for until I contacted Visa. Well-- guess I will be checking my bill more closely from now on. his is a scam. DO NOT ORDER. DO NOT ORDER.

8th of Mar, 2009

this is a total rip-off company, charging me for 3 different items/services I did not order, including $79.96 for the sample bottle with 60 capsules, which was supposed to be free for the $4.99 shipping charge. This product is highly questionable, as it is loaded with caffeine. This company is worse. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT order anything from this internet scam of a company. I suggest you avoid Natures-Acai.com at all costs or be prepaid to be dealing with unauthorized charges.

• Mi
      9th of Mar, 2009
    natures acai.com - fradulent credit card charge
    amir sanchez pheut
    California

I made purchase to a "trial offer for 30 days" on 2/28/09 and by 3/02/09 they had already charged my credit card for the $79.96 product charge. when I spoke to them they (after tremendous agravation) they said they would refund the credit card, and checked with bank no cc returns in sight...i then called the comapny back and of course no customer service line anymore, just a tape of the operator saying i was disconnected from the company telephone...

Mega_ripoff and btw this is on oprahs website as recommended...BUYER BEWARE!!!

Michelle

• De
      11th of Mar, 2009
    natures acai.com - never recieved or asked for the product
    natures acai.com
    Morton
    Illinois

I recieved my bank account and was charged 79.96 to my account
    and never ordered the product. I am calling my bank to have the charge taken off the account.

• Ju
      12th of Mar, 2009

I think you all are a bunch of scam artist and I will be calling the better business bureau