Natures-acai.com / charges not authorized

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:

Ordered free sample which I received. I did not order anything else and now have charges on my credit card for 79.96 and then lifstylfit for 29.95 and then 2.95 for costnsave. None of these were authorized and I have not received anything else from these companies. I tried to call them and they wanted me to sign up for more free trial which would then turn into more of the same.
What a scam.

Comments

• Ga
      27th of Feb, 2009
    Natures-acai.com - charged for item not received
    Natures-acai
    Reno
    Nevada

I too ordered a free sample of acai-berry for 4.99...never received sample and my credit card bill was charged 79.96...I have tried to reach company with no avail so am disputing it with my credit card company...I have never seen such a scam...especially to be on Oprah...I hope they are caught and I can get my money back..its a lot of money for someone on social security. thank you...

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2009

Gannab,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Qu
      28th of Feb, 2009

I too am going thru the same thing.

• Be
      1st of Mar, 2009
    Natures-acai.com - unauthorized charge to my account
    Natureacai
    Virginia

Me too!!! I checked my account today was overdrawn because of this $79.86 charge from Natures acai. Apparently being rude and threatening a law suit helps! Also because I didn't ever get the chance to open the bottle I can supposedly return it for a full refund, we shall see on that one. I did get to speak with someone after i sat on hold for about an hour call 1-800-983-7986, you may have to call a few times before they will talk to you. I kept getting "We will have some one call you back as soon as possible" But just keep calling and complaining.Though it is time consuming I may be able to get my money back, hopfully...

• Gl

natures-acai.com

To berrymad:

I had to close my credit card because of them too. They are such crooks. What's so funny is they have this person commenting people by their name and apologizing and yada yada yada... this person goes by "employee"... why is it that this person can answer back right away and after each person individually and yet when We try to get ahold of them, it takes us days or We don't hear from them at all?

I had to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission online. Fool of crap!

• Gl

Go to /link removed/

Type in Acai berry at the top right hand corner in their search box and you will see tons of Complaints about them and all other Acai berry products...

They have been on local news channels and other popular News reports for "Buyers Beware."

In some States they have Cases being built up against them and Investigations going on as We speak when I spoke with the General Attorneys Office from where I received the product.

• Lo
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I just found the cnarge on my bank statement. It also overdrew my account!

• Co
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Berrymad,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns that you may have had while attempting to cancel your order. Nature's Acai and its employees are unlike any other offer out there and we stand behind our products completely and your satisfaction is our number one concern. If you have any further problems or concerns, please feel free to call the listed phone number once again and allow our service agents to take care of your situation. We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

Glad and Lou,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Go to Scam Search also so you can be aware of the things about them.

• Ca
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Natures-acai.com - Charged for product
    Natures-Acai.com
    Tucson
    Arizona

I ordered this product via the inter-net a free trail for 30days, was charged on my credit card 79.96 for the product without receiving another order. This product has not done one thing for me. I have taken it as directed, increased my exercise, reduced my calorie intake daily and still weigh the same. This is definitely a scam product for your money, credit card info. Carol in Arizona

• Fr
      5th of Mar, 2009

A search through CNN.News.com

"FREE TRIAL OFFERs" FOR ACAI BERRY ARE NOT FREE!
    In fact they will cost you more than 4 TIMES AS MUCH as it should cost per bottle. These scammers will charge your credit card at least $80 per bottle each month. That more than twice as much as quality freeze-dried acai berry should cost. And to make it worse, they send you crappy drum dried Acai Berry, which cost about 1/2 as much to produce. So you end up paying at least 4 times more per bottle than you should.

YOU WILL BE SIGNED UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION
    Yes, they say they just charge you for shipping. If that were so, it wouldn't be bad. But in reality, they just want your credit card number and will bill you every month for a subscription you didn't sign up for. They bury the fine print in their terms and conditions.

YOU WILL SPEND HOURS TRYING TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION
    There will either be noone to contact to return the crappy product, or they will say you have to call their customer service number to get return authorization. When you do, you are put on hold and shuffled between different people until you give up. Don't believe me? Before you purchase, call or email them and say you did not sign up for a subscription and please stop sending the product. You will get the runaround

THEY WILL SHIP YOU A CRAPPY, NEARLY WORTHLESS NO NAME BRAND OF ACAI BERRY SUPPLEMENT
    They don't expect you to be happy with the product. They don't care, so they make even more money by shipping you crap. Acai Berry supplements must be freeze dried, or else they lose most of the nutrients and antioxidents. These scammers use cheap, heat processed Acai that cost 1/2 as much. Read more about choosing a quality supplement

THEY OFTEN BUNDLE OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE SUBSCRIPTION TO CHARGE YOU EVEN MORE
    It's really obscene what some of these scammers do. We've listed a common offer below, where they bundle additional offers if you do not deselect the checkbox (it's checked by default). Some are hitting people with $150 a month in charges.

• De
      6th of Mar, 2009
    Natures-acai.com - Unauthorized charge to my bank account
    Natures-Acai
    Greensboro
    North Carolina

I had an unauthorized charge to my account in Feb. by this company, received a refund when I told them I would report them to the Banking Commission. Now today I find that another charge of $85.91 was charged to my account. I am currently on hold with their customer service dept. to try again to get a refund and then cancel my card. I have received two other charges from other companies I have never heard of: www.lifstylefit.com whose number does not work and www.costsmash.com whose number does work.

• Er
      7th of Mar, 2009

THIS IS BULL ### NO ONE TOLD ME I WAS SIGNING UP FOR A MEMERSHIP OR ANYTHING I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE IT!!! THIS COMPANY WILL GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!

11th of Mar, 2009

I agree this is ### !!! I made a one time order then I checked my account and found I was charged, so I called and got told I had signed up for a membership which I did not . I'M still waiting for a refund I was told it was not refundable, and on top of it the product did not even work.

12th of Mar, 2009

Unauthorized charge

• Br
      13th of Mar, 2009
    Natures-acai.com - Unauthorized charge
    Fond Du Lac, WI.

I too ordered the "Free" trial, mine from Bromalite, which offered a related "Acai Berry" product! Since then Bromalite has refunded unauthorized charges, however: Natures-Acai has charged me twice for product I have not recieved! From Bromalite, after canceling my account with them, they further researched and stated that they assured me that "now (as of 2/28/09) all accounts affilliated with our company are closed in your name!" "Natures-Acai", as I have stated seems to be the "company in hiding, unable to be reached to speak with them about the problem! I used a search engine thru Yahoo to find the exact company and was led to this complaint site! I want results, not the run-a-round!!! I want my money back!!! I too will have to contact my bank and the Better Business Bureau!!!
    "Angered and frustrated from Fond Du Lac"

• To
      20th of Mar, 2009
    Natures-acai.com - DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM

I ordered the "FREE" trail of acai berry supplements but I didn't realize that I would just be giving away my hard earned $$$ for FREE!!! I was charged $1.99 for shipping and my shippment would be here in up to 10 business days. Three days later someone called to confirm my info, that was a month ago! To my surprise I checked my email and they charged my discover card $89.00 more. I called Natures-Acai's customer service and of course got the run around and bs apologies. I then called my credit card company and the credited all charges back becuase I've never received anything. So PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!! READ THE COMPLAINTS THERE ARE 1000!!!

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2009

The same thing happened to me!!! I ordered on 3/2/09 - I still have not received the product. There is a 14 day trial period that starts the day you order!!! After the 14 day trial period they charge you. I'm hoping I can get my money back to...Please do not purchase this...you're better off going to GNC.

• Ge
      23rd of Mar, 2009
    Natures-acai.com - Unauthorized credit card charge
    Natures-Acai
    Reno
    Nevada
    Natures-acai.com

I was charged an unauthorized $79.96 by Nature's-Acai, Reno, Nevada after ordering a free sample product and paying $4.99 for shipping.

26th of Mar, 2009

I allowed this company to take a $1.99 as a shipping & handling cost. Sinced that time, My account has been charged two times. Once for $12.99 and again for $79.99. I am very upset and want this complaint to be used for the purpose of letting the public know what has been happening to customers who just wanted to try the product. By the way, I have only received one bottle of 60 tablets. This is fraud and against the law. I will not stop until this is expose Their phone number is 800-983-7968.