Nature's Acai Berry / Unauthorized charges

1 Tuscon, AZ, United States Review updated:

Basically I ordered a product which said that you paid only for shipping, then you call to cancel any further orders. I have called dozens of times within the specified time limit and the customer serfvice person says that they can't hear me and hang up. I have informed my bank of this and warn others that the internet is a place to be wary of anything!

People like this need to be put out of business as they don't adhere to their own guidelines.

More Nature's Acai Berry Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pa
      13th of May, 2009
    Nature's Acai Berry - Product never arrived
    Virginia

I orderd the free trial. Product never came. I called after the trial period and was billed for the product and was told I would receive it. Again I called after 6 weeks and no product. I was told it had been shipped twice and nothing more could be done. Thanks Oprah!

• Su
      1st of Jun, 2009
    Nature's Acai Berry - Can't contact to cancel
    Phoenix
    Arizona

I ordered to free sample and now I can't figure out how to stop them from sending me more or charging my credit card. I don't have a website or phone number to get a hold of anyone to cancel. Help!!!

5th of Jun, 2009
    Nature's Acai Berry - Unauthorized credit card billing
    4141 Raymond Street STE F
    Phoenix
    Arizona

I SIGNED UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL AND NOW THEY WON'T CANCEL MY ORDER. HOW DO I GET THEM TO STOP SENDING ME THE PRODUCT?

• Lo
      16th of Jun, 2009
    Nature's Acai Berry - credit card charge
    Nayure's Acai Berry
    Texas

I ordered the "free" Bromalite and they have sent me 4 more bottles and charged my $69.00 and I have called now twice to cancel. And they are very clever...they don't put a phone number or what they are charging you on the packing slip! Stay away from these guys!!

• Li
      23rd of Jun, 2009

They keep charging and Charging. Please take them back

• Re
      28th of Jun, 2009

how do i stop the product from coming i do not want to receive any more there is no we site or phone number to cxl HELP

9th of Sep, 2009

Exactly the same thing has happened to me- this is a big scam and they have taken over 280 pounds out of my bank account- all unauthorised.
    Anna, UK

• Is
    Nature's Acai Berry - Unwanted charges
    Phone: 18009837968
    natures-acai.com

I thought I signed up for a "risk-free" trial for Nature's Acai Berry. I received the product a week ago and didn't realize they were going to charge me $79.96 for this product. I went back into my email and looked at the shipping confirmation email to see if they had alerted me to any other programs that they automatically signed me up for and I didn't see any. I called customer service and it turns out there are something like 2 other programs that you're automatically signed up for. Anyways if you've ordered from them and the number on the back of the bottle is bogus I have one that works.

1800-983-7968

It takes a while for them to pick up, but stay on the line if you can. Also make sure to tell them you want to cancel EVERYTHING and ask for cancellation confirmation numbers.

This product is put out by Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals, and the website that you sign up for the trial on is very bright and flashy and looks nothing like the one that's provided in my confirmation email, but it's them.

The website is www.natures-acai.com.

I really hope this helps.

• Yo
      11th of Aug, 2016

I did the same thing with this company, TOTALLY FRAUDULET!!!
    the phone number AND address on the bottle is fake. they also charged my account $79.96 I called and asked the man I spoke to (he was arguing with me ) to speak to his supervisor. after being threatened with Fraud did he agree to remove the charges!

• Co

Valued Customers,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! These terms also included all of the information regarding contacting the companies involved, the trial lengths, and the pricing of each of the offers. If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Wi
    Nature's Acai Berry - failure to record cancellation
    Nautre's acai berry
    ph0enix
    Arizona

I signed up for the product on the internet nature's way site. The product came and it had caffeine in it - I cannot take that so I called and cancelled. Then this week I received yet another shipment. When I called to complain the operator said there was no record of me cancelling before. so i cancelled again and this time wrote down the cancel confirn number - and she had me signed up for three products even though I had just signed up for one!! Rip Off!!

• Yo
      11th of Aug, 2016

I saw this ad and of course was "amazed" by the results. The ad clearly stated, Try a free sample for only $4.99 S&H, So I did. wait to to three weeks for it to arrive, if not satisfied call in 14 days to cancel.
    So I recieved this yesterday 3/4/09. while checking my bank acct. online I so a charge of $79.96! never a $4.99 S&H! I called and could barely understand the man on the phone, I explaimed my situation, he would not take no for an answer kept wanting me to TRY IT! I demanded to talk to his supervisor, Again he tried to state that when I ordered this it says that after ordering it you need to cancel in 14 days if not satisfied. he refused to take the $79.96 of my card until threatened that I will have my bank file fraud charges against hi, not until then did he say" ok mam on a Courtesy one time only will we remove the charges". Happily I will send back the bottle. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

• Pm
      11th of Aug, 2016

I ordered the 14 day trial of this product, along with it comes a free trial of Fit Factory and Cost Smasher.
    If you do not cancel they will charge your account for each. I called the toll free numbers for each that was included in the terms of offer. They could not find any record of my account, by address, order number or name. They asked for the first 4 and last 4 digits of the credit card used and when they still could not find a record they wanted all the numbers I refused and asked for a supervisor. I was then put on hold for over 10 minutes. I finally hung up. I tried to call the phone number on the packing slip and it does not exist.
    I am now calling my bank and I will call the states attorneys office.

• Me
    Nature's Acai Berry - Unauthorized charge
    Nature's Acai
    Bellingham
    Washington

Seriously angry!!! I signed up for the free trial from natures-acai.com. I thought I was reading all of the fine print...I was specifically looking for something that would say I was signing up for automatic billing, as I didn't want this. I only keep a limited amount of money in my debit account. It took a week to get the free trial, and then a week after that I was billed for $79.96. Because of this, I also incurred two overdraft charges totalling $32 each. So this $5 free trial wound up costing me $147!!! After three hours on the phone with my bank and the acai people, I was assured that my account was cancelled and a refund would be posted. Two more weeks went by without my refund. I called the acai people, and they stated that if I didn't cancel my order during the 15 day trial period that I would be billed the total amount of the original product (79.96)!!! I told them that charging $80 for a supposed $5 free trial was blatantly misleading and that I would take it up with the better business bureau (something my bank also suggested). It was then they decided to give me back my money. I urge anyone else with this problem to talk to their bank and the BBB before even calling the acai people, otherwise you will get a serious runa round.

• Ms
    Nature's Acai Berry - Fraud
    A.S.N LLC
    Illinois

I have ordered the Nature's Acai Berry free trial bottle and agreed to pay only the shipping charges. In 30 days I received another bottle that I did not order. I called back the company just to find out that their database is out of order. I looked for the company online and found out how many people complained form it. I also found the explanation of one of the company's representatives saying that when you order the product, if you don't cancel by phone 1-800-983-7968, they keep sending it to you every month for "your convenience" - to save you time to reorder it. What their representative did not tell though is that WHEN YOU CALL THE COMPANY TO CANCEL THEIR SERVICES, THEIR DATABASE IS OUT OF ORDER AND YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY CANCEL. They promise they will call in an hour and you can wait for days. So, WATCH OUT PLEASE, DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!

• Ag
    Nature's Acai Berry - Fraudulent Business Practices
    Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals
    7410 Ermine Rd.
    Gilmer
    Texas
    Phone: 903-725-5731

I followed a link from the Rachel Ray web site (who can you trust more than her!?) to get a FREE sample of the Nature's Acai Berry. The free was in huge type, probably 60 pt. The ONLY charge mentioned for the sample was the shipping of $4.99. The product arrived and I opened the bottle, but used none of it. Then on March 12, there was a charge on my account for $79.96 from this company. I called and was told that when I submitted the order a email was sent confirming the order and containing the "terms of agreement" stating that I had to call them within 14 days to avoid being charged for the product. I never received an email and told the rep. so. She said that even so, that when I placed the order, the terms of agreement were on the online form I filled out. I would swear this was untrue, but it's my word against theirs. I was told that the account could be closed, but nothing could be done about the $79.96 charge. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I could, but that they would say the same thing. However, it was better than that; the supervisor hung up on me. I called back and spoke with a different rep., who said that their computer reflected that the supervisor "accidentally" dropped the call. I was also told, that since the bottle had been opened, that I was stuck with the $79.96 charge even though I was totally unaware of their "terms of agreement". I believe that when an offer says FREE, then it should be free. Nothing should be free for two weeks, then worth $79.96 because a phone call was not made. That was money I could ill afford on a product that may not even work and was certainly overpriced.

• St
      11th of Aug, 2016

Oh man...I could go on and on about this scam. 14 day free trial but didn't get the bottle until the day before. I have called these SOB's several times. Got a hold of a lady that could barely speak English. Finally got her to give me cancellation numbers. Get this, today, I received another bottle with a different account number!!!
    Now, I just get a call from that same lady wanting to sell me more crap!!! There was no statement about having the $79 charge, blah, blah. This is beyond frustrating with the charges on my card which I am disputing. I'm a laid back kind of guy and it takes quite a bit to get me pissed, however after reading all of the same complaints from what seems to be hundreds of people (and you can bet there are hundreds more that have not caught it on their bill yet or that have not posted their complaint) I think if I met the owner of this company I would kick their a**! Now knowing that our Government is totally incompetent, I believe these people will get to keep all of our money.

• Li
    Nature's Acai Berry - credit card frauld

I like so many others ordered the FREE trial of Acai Berry not knowing that this hooked us into a memebership which we had 14 days to cancel then I was charged $79.95 plus the original $4.99 for the free shipping. Then a second bottle comes and I am looking over my credit card and see $85 charged and then I see some lifeift charge for $29.99 which was also tied to this. I called and spent about 40 mintues getting the $85 refunded and cancelling all these supscripitions I never signed up for. We should have read the terms of use, WHO reads terms of use when all you do is think you are ordering a trial size bottle of an item, Oh and after fighting with this woman for 40 minutes she had the nerve to say I was a valued customer and would like to offer me this product at a reduced price. They could not pay me to take this product. I am going to pursue this with my credit card company and hope I can get some help there to take off some of these charges. This has to be illegal somehow.

Nature's Acai Berry - Misleading Advertisement
    Nature's Acai Berry

I have read over 100 complaints that read all the same. Unfortunately, I made the exact same mistake that everyone else did before I READ ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS. I ordered the "free trial" and got charged the $4.99 shipping and handling charge. And, I am fine with that. Once I received the produtct I looked at the paperwork that was sent with the product...AND nowhere does it say anything about calling and canceling within 15 days. And not even 10 days after I received the product, they charge my credit card $79.86. First off, the stuff isn't worth that much anyway. And secondly, they give you nothing in print that tells you that you will be charged additional money if you don't call within 15 days of placing you order online.

This scam is just about a ruthless as the scam that some of the magazine companies run on you. MY GOD $80 a bottle...that's two months worth of gym membership and a hell fo a lot of Healthy Choice meals.

Fortunately, I sit at an extremely powerful level of the government and I am going to do EVERYTHING in my power to see that companies like this are made to pay. I certainly hope that someone from this company reads this and take this as a wake up call because the next steps are going to be EXTREMELY unpleasant for them. With the current state of the economy, no one is going to tolerate scams that cheat people out of their money due to fine print.

And to compound the insult to injury, when I did call to cancel my "membership" the lady was trying to sell me more CRAP. The product may be wonderful, but the way that they market the product is EXTREMELY misleading. Please, Please, Please do not do business with these people. If I collected $1 from everyone that has been scammed by this company I would be rich. I'm not sure where this will lead, but I am not going to give up until I find the person responsible for this...May God help them when I do.

11th of Aug, 2016

I agree. They should all go straight to hell... My case is similar in that I ordered a free trial - only pay shipping and handling of 1.99 they told me... Then received the 60 pills and was promptly billed almost $80.00 AND setup for some web page that is only advertising for an additional $27.99. The web page I just located and now discovered it is only ads with popups galore. What a terrible scam.

You can avoid www.DJMLIFESTYLEFIT.com it is nothing but junk. DON'T GO THERE.

You can also forget about Nature's Best Acai Berry. The product may be good, seems to do very little that I've noticed, but the whole marketing scheme around it renders it a BAD IDEA.