Natures-Acai Berry / Fraud

Phone: 1-800-983-7968

I was looking for Weight Loss sites and clicked onto this company. Boy, was that a BIG mistake! Received the trial sample I ordered for $ 4.99 on 2-6-09 and to my surprise my credit card was charged $79.96 on 2-26-09. Red flags should have been raised when my bank left a message on the day I ordered to see if I o.k.'d this purchase for $4.99. Since everything is automated I just approved the charge and forgot about it. HUGE mistake. I should have checked further into it. My bad. I was lucky to find a 1-800 number under "complaints" when you Google their web site. Called the number - waited forever for a representative - finally talked to "Marvin" who informed me that yes, I did sign up for my account to be charged $79.96. I asked where did it say that and he told me that it was in my e-mail confirmation and I informed him that I have my e-mail conformation and it said no such thing and the packing list I received with my order also said nothing about canceling anything. An even bigger surprise was that "Marvin" told me that I also signed up for "Fit Factory" AND "Cost Smashers" when I "agreed" (NOT!) to sign up with them. I asked him to cancel my "membership" and he also canceled my "membership" to the other 2 companies. I also informed "Marvin" that I would be filing a complaint and contacting my credit card company at once. He said he was going to go ahead and "credit" my credit card with the $79.96 that I was charged. I got conformation #'s for that, my "membership" to Natures Acai, Fit Factory and Cost Smashers. After reading other complaints I feel pretty lucky that I was offered a refund. As of yet my credit card has not been credited but I will keep a close eye out for that and any other unauthorized charges to my account. Like they say "There should be a law!" This is downright FRAUD!!! Do not get sucked into their scam. I will never EVER order anything like this again!

Le

More Natures-Acai Berry Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      13th of Feb, 2009

I was supposed to receive a sample/trial of this produce at a small charge of 4.99 but I did not receive it. Later I see an unauthorized charge on my credit card for $79.96 and when I called, the rep said that there was nothing she could do abpout the charge. I have to pay $85 dollars and receive nothing for it. I am EXTREMELY angry about this unauthorized charge to my credit card and did not/will not receive the produce. I bought only "air" from Natures-Acai recommended by Oprah. This is not right in any case.

• Ju
      13th of Feb, 2009

Most of these Acai Berry sites that sell a "free trial, " of their product, do say that you have X amount of days to call and cancel from the date you gave them your card number. Whether you've recieved the product or not, by then, they WILL CHARGE YOU, since they do not show you called to cancel within the X amount of days. These sites/companies pretty much count on people NOT to read the "fine print." They hope you will just keep clicking submit, continue, and OK all the way to the end without reading much more, than those buttons. If you go to a site that says "FREE TRIAL, " and then a page or two later they're asking for a card number, checking acct number, and a routing number, DON'T TYPE A THING... THEY WILL MORE THAN LIKELY CHARGE YOU SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE. Read the fine print, print the fine print for your records BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM ANY FORM OF PAYMENT. If you cancel BEFORE the trial period ends, be sure to get a cancel confirmation number, take note of the date, and get the name of the person you spoke to, this will help your financial institution if they will try to dispute your charge. If the merchant has all of their terms posted out there and you the consumer are in too much of a rush to receive your "free trial" of the world's latest/greatest product and you DON'T READ THE FINE PRINT... YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED EVERY PENNY.

• Co
      13th of Feb, 2009

On behalf of Nature's Best Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns you may have had during the shipping of your order. Thousands of orders are received every day and our agents do their best to ensure that all mailing addresses have been properly entered, but occasionally a mistake might be made. For this issue, we apologize. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives at the listed number (1-800-983-7968). Our agents will be more than happy to look up your order and verify that the address has been entered correctly and then reship you our fat-burning Nature's Best Acai Berry Supplement. Also, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offer an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If you have changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Su
      18th of Feb, 2009

I just ordered the FREE sample and less than an hour I was charged for Costsmasher and Fit Club. NOT EVEN AN HOUR!!! I called right away and was told in the small print on the chargecard site it said that I was also going to be signing up for these two site AND a monthly shipment of these pills. I must just be blind that I didn't see this. I am trying not to be too angry about this but WHAT A RIPOFF. I received confirmation numbers to cancel all of these items but I am still very concerned that they will not do it. Do not buy this product from these people.

19th of Feb, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. I was on a weather site and saw an ad showing a local woman losing weight. I clicked on this site and it went on about not having to pay a big amount to get this product. I did not see (and I looked for it) any disclosure about a future shipments or charges. I now found out that not only was I agreeing to future shipments, but I was agreeing to other ???products and additional charges. My Charge card company representative started defending the acai berry company as if she was in their employee. Fortunately I had gotten a cancellation number.

The best rule of thumbs for online buying is to make sure you know the company before agreeing to purchase anything or giving your card number out. Definitely do not click on any advertising from another site which transfers you to these trial product/service pages. I will guarantee that you will regret it every time you do. In fact I recommend having a program that blocks all advertising when viewing web sites.

Warning: Another gimmick out there is the government grant information sites. Read the fine print!!

19th of Feb, 2009
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

found this on this website and it's just part of it:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

Unless people file charges, they will continue to get away with it. They need to file charges.

Federal Trade Commission online

Attorney Generals Office online

Do it with whatever State you got your product from, if you want to go further with a criminal investigation:

ic3.gov online

• Ke
      20th of Feb, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me, except for one thing ...I DID call a week before the deadline, and I was assured that my product would be there by the 18th and that’s when MY free trial would begin. I even repeated what she said... my product would be there by the 18th, and my free trial would begin and she said YES...I even told her that I wanted to cancel it before I was charged... So I called on the 20th because I now have a $79.96 charge... then they said that my free trial ENDED on the 18th... These people are making a killing! I DID read the fine print, but she LIED on the phone! WHERE DO I FILE CHARGES???????

20th of Feb, 2009

I had the same charge on my card and when i contacted the company (at the number listed) they said they could not find any information on me (4 times i called!) Also, they kept me on hold for 30 minutes after each call telling me that i needed to hold for a supervisor since they couldnt find me in their systems...I finally just contacted my credit card company and put a block on my card as well as reported them as fraud.

• Be
      21st of Feb, 2009

I had the same experience. I just returned from a week long trip hoping to find my trial package. When I found it hadn't been delivered yet I called customer service. I was told it woud be 5-7 days (which it had been) and to wait another day or two. I became suspicious when the rep reminded me that there would be a $80+ charge for my monthly supply. I haven't even recieved the product! I found your comments online and immediately called back to cancel any activity with the company, current or future, with regards to my credit card. I recieved a few cancellation confirmation codes and I am hoping that nothing further is charged to my card. I am contacting my bank to block charges from them and to report the suspicious transaction. Thanks for sharing!

21st of Feb, 2009

Posted on this website:

by Nance
    Call ACAI BURN 1-800-659-3588 to cancel.
    Then go on their chat log and ask to cancel. Cut and Paste the Chat for evidence to send to Attorney General’s office.

Also call 1-866-279-6513 to cancel INSIDER SECRETS
    1-800-989-5907 Comprehensive Weight Loss e-Book

Write complaint to internet fraud:
    www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Also report as fraud charge on credit card. Ask to put "flag" on ACAI BURN, have another credit card issued.

Tom Miller
    Consumer Protection Division
    Attorney General of Iowa
    Hoover State Office Building
    1300 E. Walnut, Des Moines, Iowa 50319
    515-281-5926
    E-mail: [protected]@ag.state.ia.us

It’s price gouging, unfair consumer practices, mail fraud (either NOT sending product or sending then charging outrageous amount, more than most legit Rx) and internet fraud, plus a host of other disclaimers (Dr Oz, Oprah, CNN.com, USA Today endorsing them, plus the trainer on Biggest Loser).

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I too got scammed into this deal. They say, Call the FRIENDLY customer service? Well, the stupid ###s don't answer their phone!
    I am sure they have a reason for that. Maybe they are to busy ripping other people off. I will send complaints to every office that I can to stop this kind of legalized STEALING. By the way, the 'fine print' is hidden on another link at the bottom of the page. At the top of page where the offer is made, there is NO reference to the gimmick.

• Mi
      24th of Feb, 2009

Nature's-Acai, what can I say, like others before me, I did not have a pleasant experience with the Acai product nor the customer service. I was well aware of all the guidelines of the fine print, stating you have to call to cancel your "FREE" trial, subscription and the refill of pills that will come to you every month afterwards before your 14 day trial is over. Well I was charged $79.96 well before my 14 day trial was up and when I questioned this, I was told and I quote "We are receiving an aunflux of calls, could you please call back in one hour, Thank you." Needless to say I called back the next day and spoke to "Jan" and she went on to explain how great the product is and how I can really benefit from it, but at this point, I just want my money back. I was able to cancel everything, plus I am returning the pills I never used, not even breaking the seal on the bottle, and still I cannot receive a refund. WOW, you still have people who follow the rules and you still cannot receive your money back, now this is what you call a RIP-OFF. Thanks Nature's-Acai

• Pj
      25th of Feb, 2009

Oprah should be held responsible for allowing this to be backed by her. I thought she would be someone we could trust on health issues. She supported the false advertising for this product and the colotox and all the other scams and rip offs. She should have been warning us NOT do get involved with this stu[censored] I am greatly disappointed in Oprah AND the Consumer Protection Agency for not making it manditory that the 'tinee tiny print' be posted LARGE AND LOUD AND CLEAR on anything that is advertised as FREE!!!

25th of Feb, 2009

You are just dealing with Scam Artist that use Oprah's name and other high profile names that are out there. These Scam Artist are just taking advantage of that.

Some of these Scam Artist or Crooks are not even in this Country and hard to catch.. why? They don't have the same penalty that We face here in Our country so they suck us dry on Our credit cards which is so easy to do online.

25th of Feb, 2009

Then again, some of these crooks lie here in Our own Country... they give you a bogus product with a bogus address and change their names but keep the Acai berry just to suck us dry of Our hard earning money

They change their names just so they don't get caught for their online crime and move State to State with a bogus addresss

25th of Feb, 2009

Here's a Complaint I did find on this website even tho' it was last year... but it continues...

57 days ago by fairgame 0 Votes
    First off call your bank and cancel your credit card, also immediately file a Chargeback. If they recive enough chargebacks it will screw up their merchant account and get them blacklisted. Don't bother calling the numbers or live chat it is totally useless. Anyways here's some info on these people:

The people who run this whole scam operation are:

JUAN ZUETTA (Runs the whole show, tells everyone what to do)
    ANTHONY PELLEGRINO (Designs the scam websites, graphics, etc.)
    VLADISLAV SKORO (Programmer who maintains entire scam e-commerce system, domains, server, etc.)
    SERGIO PADRON (Funds the whole operation and has already been blacklisted by VISA/MasterCard for chargebacks)
    DIEGO D. RODRIGUEZ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They operate under many different businesses to mask their shady operations but Aton Solutions is the office they work out of (they tend to relocate):

ATON SOLUTIONS, LLC

VLADISLAV SKORO Contact Info
    Skype: mk_2017
    Age: 38
    D.O.B: 10/20/1970

They also operate these companies which all revolve around the same scam:

NETPLEX, LLC

Fictitious Name
    PHENTREMINEDIRECT
    8770 SW 72 STREET SUITE #364
    MIAMI, FL 33173

All the products they sell are a scam:

Phentremine Civ-xR, Total Cleanse, Colon xR, White Tea with Acai, Body Trim, Acai Berry Supreme, Acai Berry Ultimate, Total Pomegranate, POM 500, and MyColonRemedy.

All of their scam product landing pages are located in subdomains on http://www.ebizprogram.com

• Jp
      25th of Feb, 2009

Ok, first of call any purchase you make with you credit card is your responsibility- if you were to buy a car, you would most certainly read the terms of the purchase carefully to understand what you are agreeing to- this is the same for any situation, especially when you order online. I have purchased the Nature's Acai product and when I got to the order page where you put your credit card information, I read everything on there before I put any information in. It states right on the order page, under the submit button and the information for the fit factory trial you receive, that you have the 14 day trial for the product which starts from the date you order. it also explains that if you do not cancel within the trial period you will be billed 79.96 and then 85.91 every month after that. It also has their customer service number and their hours of operation. I don't know how they can make it any clearer- and of course it's not this huge bold print writing, but they do disclose all of the possible charges-it's not their fault you didn't read everything on the page before you gave them your credit card. I called before my trial ended and not only got my trial extended, but they also lowered the monthly price to $20 bucks a month! Their customer service people are extremely helpful and nice, and are only doing their jobs. You can go ahead and report it to whoever you want, but just so you know the BBB and the FTC (and the AG I believe) all have copies of their websites and approve them because it is perfectly legal. They are not breaking any law, if anything they maybe taking advantage of mentally handicapped people.

My suggestion? use this as a lesson. Anytime you put your credit card number in ANYWHERE, read what you're agreeing to and pay attention. Everything is right there on the order page for you to see, again it is not their fault if you are too lazy to read the whole page or the terms and conditions (the information is located in there as well) They are not breaking any laws, just teaching you a much needed lesson.

• Mo
      26th of Feb, 2009

I experienced the same thing as most others on this board because my teenage daughter used her debit card to buy the free trial. She didn't notice the fine print at the bottom of the page, but she will be sure to read more carefully in the future! I am a big proponent of taking personal responsibility for such things, but this company's tricks are clearly intended to mislead consumers and it pissed me off. If they are so confident of the product, they shouldn't construct the page in that way. My daughter came to me in embarrassment when she realized what happened and I made the call. It took about 30 minutes but I finally hounded a refund out of the guy. We started with canceling everything that they were planning to charge in the future ($85 per month for the supplement, 29.95 per month for the Fit Club, and $2.95 per month for Customer Assistance!) and then I just politely, but repeatedly, told him that these practices were unacceptable and that there was no valid reason for not offering me a refund for a product that I had not yet opened. I told him that I would return it immediately without even opening the envelope. He continued to say he couldn't do that because we did not call within the 14 day period. I finally just said that I would be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charge and that I don't plan to drop the issue. He immediately said OK and gave me a return number. I guess they are really concerned about having folks deal with their card companies over this? I mean, isn't it obvious that we would do that, or are they just hoping people will be too embarrassed to go there? I don't know, but it worked. It took almost a week for the credit to show up on the card, but it did and there have been no further charges. That was about two weeks ago.

26th of Feb, 2009

First, I have to say I am so glad I read all these comments first before I called. Like everyone on here I too was charged 85.91. Yes, my fault for not reading fine print. I have learned my lesson on that! Luckily, I had no problems canceling everything. Make sure you cancel the supplement, the Fit Club, and Customer Assistance. I made sure there was only these 3. You should get 3 cancellation confirmation numbers. The women told me my refund for the 85.91 will appear on next months billing statement at the VERY latest. So I will hopefully have luck with that! My advise- stay calm but firm, explain the charge you have received, and tell them exactly EVERYTHING you want canceled, (again, I was told only the three i mentioned above) and write down their name and all your cancellation confirmation numbers. Remember, nothing is ever free!
    BTW... It did take awhile to get through. After 15min on hold I hung up but then called back right away twice. That last time I got through less than 5min. Good Luck!

26th of Feb, 2009

How do I cancel the fit club part? We totally got scammed too...and because of these charges it over drew our checking account and I have 5 NSF fees!

Please tell me how I should go about cancelling the other things. I cancelled the future shipments and I was told I would be refunded but nothing yet!