Natures-Acai Berry / credit card charge

I was supposed to receive a free sample of this product to try for 15 days. That is how they rope people in. The product never arrived. After it had been 2 weeks, there was a charge for $79.96 on my bank account for my next "shipment." When I called to contest this based on the fact that the trial product never arrived they assured me there was nothing they could do as it was still up to me to call and cancel even if I never received the product. Very mis-leading and shady business tactics. I was not impressed by the way they handled this at all.

More Natures-Acai Berry Complaints & Reviews

Comments

25th of Feb, 2009

This exact thing happened to me. When I called I reached a girl in the Phillipenes, Julia. She also told me there was nothing t hey could do as it was my responsibility to call and cancell. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company and hopefully I will get my money back. I asked "Julia" to transfer me to the US and she hung up on me. I think I am going to ask Oprah for the money if the credit card co doesn't reimburse. Very shaddy company.

• Je
      26th of Feb, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me!! Free trial, yeah right. I paid $79 for a little bottle of pills that probably won't even work!!!

What a shady company. They will cancel your membership, but not way will they refund your money. I am a very dissatisfied customer for sure!!!

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2009

Molldawg, Jayne, & Jen,

For those of you who did not receive your product, I would like to apologize on behalf of Nature's Acai Berry for any problems or concerns you may have had during the shipping of your order. Thousands of orders are received every day and our agents do their best to ensure that all mailing addresses have been properly entered, but occasionally a mistake might be made. For this issue, we apologize. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives at the listed number (1-800-983-7968). Our agents will be more than happy to look up your order and verify that the address has been entered correctly and then reship you our fat-burning Nature's Acai Berry Supplement. Furthermore, the site clearly states the terms of service when you agree to begin with our risk free trial. According to these terms, with our amazing product customer satisfaction is assumed and thus our customers are entered into an elite membership program to allow for quick and easy product delivery each month. What a time-saver! If, however, you have changed your mind since you first agreed to these terms, you can use that same customer service number to cancel your future orders. Lastly, to Jen, please keep in mind that continued use (generally a 3 month period) is recommended as it says on our site to get the best results possible from any supplement. The trial is to get you started, but the best results are yet to come! I hope this has answered any questions or concerns that you might have had. Your satisfaction and health are our main concerns. Thank you and have a great day!

• Ca
      4th of Mar, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I order the free item and was told that I would only have to pay for the shipping and handling. I only ordered because per the ad, Oprah uses this item to help with weight loss. Again, per the ad. I gave my information, but now where did I see that I would be charged for a subscription of $79.96. I emailed the customer service dept to demand that money be released back onto my credit card, well needless to say, I havent received a call back yet. I have gotten my bank involved to get that charge taken off.
    This company is a rip off. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

• Bo
      7th of Mar, 2009

Rip Off!!!
    By the time you see this post you too will have been ripped Off Just like everything else that Oprah is involved in. She gets her money! How the heck do you sleep at night Oprah?? How big a cut does she get. In today's world I can ill afford the $80 buck charge. Never were you made aware that the free sample was just a come on to get you credit card number. But once they get it you get it if you know what I mean!! I called and no one could tell me how to stop the little pills from coming. I just went and listed my credit card as lost/stolen and will have to wait to get a new card. Good luck on getting your money back!!

• Lu
      10th of Mar, 2009

Don't even think about it! It is not worth the hassle! I reached a customer service rep in Asia. After having to spell my name, repeat numbers in my address and phone number several times so I could be understood, and being put on hold several times I finally got someone to say that I would be refunded the original amount I spent. I am waiting to see if that happens. I was put on hold for a supervisor who never answered and is now suppose to be returning a call to me. I wonder how many trusting people get ripped off everyday by this company? Is there no shame? If the product is that great the people will reorder without being ripped off automatically. Why not be up front with people and tell them that it is not really a free trial and that the actual price of the product is over 75 bucks.

15th of Mar, 2009

If you are reading the post written by Achai, the phone number isn't correct. It's really 18009576988. When I tried to reach the number they listed, it didn't go through. What a rip off. I was also told that I should have called customer service. Kind of hard when the number isn't correct.

• Go
      24th of Apr, 2009

I received my "free" sample of the detox and started trying it. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't seen any results. My credit card was charged for my next shipment. When I called to contest the charge (because I didn't order anything) I was told pretty much the same thing as everybody else. I cancelled on the 16th day...the person I talked to said I needed to cancel within 15 days. The 15th day was Sunday so like an idiot I waited until Monday...BIG MISTAKE. I haven't received the product that I paid $87.66 for and probably never will. The person was totally rude, very hard to understand and when I got frustrated she terminated the call and hung up on me...I can't believe this can happen in the US. How can companies continue to charge people for stuff they never get and rip them off like this?

• Ro
      15th of May, 2009

Rip Off and Fraud.
    The same thing happened to me as happened to many others. I received what was to be a free sample bottle of Achai Berry 3 weeks after I placed the on-line order. This was one week past the so called 15 day free trial. I had also received my credit card statement with the charge to my account before I even received the sample.
    I returned the product with a letter requesting that I wanted to cancel all future shipments because my Doctor recommended that I did not take the Achai Berry suplements because of other medications I am taking. Make sure you ask your Doctor about taking this product. They still sent two more shipments and charged my credit card. I was finally able to reach a service representative by calling 800-957-6988, thanks to "madcustomer" for the correct phone #. They said that they would cancel the order effective 5/15. They said that the last charge was 5/5. I haven't received that shipment as of 5/15. Let all your friends know that these people are scammers.

madaboutachai

• Ve
      29th of May, 2009

I ordered this product for a free sample of a month supply/pay $4.99 for shipping. I used my bank debit card. I got the product in the mail. The following month, I got another bottle with no slip inside the bag or any kind of bill. I thought they accidentally sent another one. Well...I got another one the following month. I had trouble finding a phone number for it and that alarmed me that something was strange. So I checked my online banking and I found several charges that I had not even noticed!!! There was the initial 4.99 + 86.13 (3x's !!!). There was a phone number listed beside the charging company of AC Berry. I called and the person I spoke to could barely speak English and had trouble finding my account. Finally, he pulled it up and said that I had not canceled within 15 days of agreement and that I automatically began to receive the monthly amount and to be charged 86.13. He said that he could only refund the current month. I insisted that I would send back the un-opened product for a credit. I DID NOT HAVE ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHEN I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT THAT SAID TO CANCEL WITHIN 15 DAYS! We went round and round and he hung up on me. I called back and spoke to an English speaking girl next. She gave me a confirmation number for one refund of 86.13 and told me that she would cancel the complete order. I was out $172 bucks. I asked to speak to her manager. Him and I went around for about 15 minutes. He told me that there were many websites out there that are not legal and they are copying their corporate website without terms and conditions listed ( as they were not to me...but how do I prove that? ) I said, why would someone copy your website to get nothing, while YOU are receiving MY money? He laughed and he said ma'am, if you are willing to put your credit card out on the internet and trust it, you are setting yourself up for problems and it's just that, your problem. He said that he even had an attorney call him w/ the same complaint that I had and admitted that 'wow, they had a good set up if there is nothing you can prove that they wrongfully took your money and are getting away with it' I was crying and screaming at him every name in the book at that point...As you can imagine.
    So, I did receive a credit for the 86.13 amount and I called back to confirm the account was closed. Done. I was out the money and decided not to think about it anymore.
    Last night I was paying bills and I came across a different credit card that had a higher amount then what I remembered. We do not put ANY charges on the card...it was only for a transfer of some furniture we bought to avoid finance charges. Come to find out...AC Berry made charges last Saturday of $83.01 + 2.00 + 1.95 and on April 22nd another of 2.00. I called the Berry company again as the credit card is under my husbands name. Not mine! They said they had no record of either of us or any charges made. Of course they wanted my credit card number.
    So I called the credit card company and explained the problem..so, they are sending me a fraud package, and will send a new card/account number, etc, investigate the problem to hopefully remove the charges.
    My fear is that these people have stolen information and may use my name or information for things that I am not even aware of. Next I am going to call them to let them know that I will be contacting the BBB and Federal Trade Commission as well as filing whatever I possibly can against these liars and scammers!

• Sh
      5th of Aug, 2009

I seen a special for the Achai Berry and the detox on a website that had a picture of Racheal Ray on it and had pictures of probably fake people on it that all had the exact stories word for word. When I visited the website when I first ordered it last week it had 2 before and after pictures of people that said they were from my home town. The website also didn't say anything about cancelling my subscrition within 14 days. So I figured for 99 cents shipping for the Achai Berry and 99 cents for the detox for a 30 day supply I thought it would be worth a try. My mom and I placed an order and she was told she would get her trial within 3 days and nothing yet. So we checked out the website and the page was now updated with the same pictures of the 2 women but different info. about each of them. Then at the bottom of the screen it says you must cancel your order within 14 days or you will be charged. No number listed so I called my bank to find out what to do and she knew about this scam. She had a number for each product available to call to cancel my subscription. The number for the Achai berry is 1866-906-6551. The number for the Detox is 1866-976-1123. Hope this helps for anyone having the same problems. I called to cancel my subscription and spoke to someone. She cancelled everything and game me confirmation numbers and told me I should have my free 14 day trial ( instead of 30 day trial) by next week. So we will see what happens.

• Mi
      18th of Aug, 2009

I recently posted a complaint about a week ago when my mom and I ordered the Achai Berry and the Life Cleanse Colon Cleanser. Well I called and cancelled my order like my bank had told me to do. So they gave me my cancellation numbers for both products so I figured I will still receive my sample I paid for without being billed any additional charges. Well I was wrong. I was charges 87.13 twice for both products and an international shipping fee for an additional 2.00. I called my bank immediately after these charges took place and they credited my account back and are doing an investigation. My account was charged again and additional 87.13 for a totally different product before I had a chance to cancel my bank card. The bank had told me to call the co. and see if they would credit my account and they said sorry for the inconvenience and they would have to send everything to another dept. for a credit and that would take 5 days. She read me the cancellation # that I had been given a week prior and she said it didn't get cancelled in the system. Sure it didn't!! I finally received my colon cleanser yesterday but have not received the achaii berry after placing my order 2 weeks ago. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS CO.!!! ITS A SCAM!

• Pa
      21st of Jun, 2016
    Natures-Acai Berry - Credit Card charged-no product
    Natures-Acai.com
    Reno
    Nevada
    natures-acai.com

I have filled out a complaint form on this website several times. On 2/2/09 my credit card was charged $4.99 for a trial (never received product). On 2/19, my credit card was charged $79.96, again no product. I completed online website form; no response. On 3/4/09, my credit card was charged $85.91; again no product. On 3/3/09 they shipped a bottle of the product with the packing slip clearly marked "Nature's Acai Berry Trial". I have again completed the online form stating immediately cease and desist from any additional charges and reversal of the 2/19 and 3/4 credit card charges. I have yet to receive any credit or product. From Google, it appears that these thieves have duped many people and should be shut down immediately with retribution to us, the customers.
    Thank you. Patricia L. Coates