Nature Cleanse / charged account 88.00trying to get refund

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I canceled a .. free trail and they still charged me 88.00 was told to email them and they would refund me .

Comments

• Bo
      18th of May, 2009

I also was ripped off by this company. Their own docs show that it was shipped on 5-4-09 and on 5-15-09 I was charged 88.00 also. Not going to bother with the bogus email address. I am filling a complaint with the Florida, Connecticut and U.S. Attorney Generals office.

18th of May, 2009

I just wanted to add the information below. The address is for Texas but the area code of the phone number is in Washington.

Contact: jimlawson@earthlink.net

James Lawson (jimlawson@earthlink.net)
    2063505610
    Fax: 2063505610

18th of May, 2009

I just had this exact same problem. I tried their "free trial" and then was charged $93.95. Unforutnately, I did not cathch it last month but I did this month. I have been given the following e-mail address to receive my refund: claimsdepartment@purenutrients.com. I have also put a stop payment on the debit through my bank and was told that after it posts I can file a claim with the bank for a complete refund. If that doesn't happen, I also will file a complaint w/ the CT Attorney General and have our personal lawyer send them a letter.

18th of May, 2009

This is not the only scam website they have going. A different name was used for every website connected to this product. All in different states and some of the names are hidden. So far I have filed a complaint in Florida, Connecticut, Texas and Washington. The only connection to Ct. is me. The others are where website registrant info led me.

This link will do a whois search for website registrants,

• Mo
      25th of May, 2009

Riped off by pure nutrients. Charged me $93.95. Company never sent a bill or a notice to cancel with the first bottle and then proceeded to send me a second bottle.

• Mo
      25th of May, 2009

I was ripped off by pure nutrient nature cleanse. I was sent a bottle as a free trial just to pay shipping and handling which was $5.95. They just sent me a second bottle with a bill of $93.95. The first bottle was sent with no terms of cancellation. I just called and cancelled and they gave me a site to call for a refund . The site is probably a fraud.

• Br
      26th of May, 2009

Same rip off here but I canceled it three days after ordering it, just in case it was not good. They still billed me and charged me.

• Co
      27th of May, 2009

Similar situation for me ... I called to cancel in advance of 14 day trial ending, Customer Service representative offered an extension to the trial period to May 20th. When I called to cancel on 5/20 I was informed my card had already been charged the full amount. After several additional calls it was confirmed that the extension is noted in my account and to contact the claims department via e-mail (no phone number available) and I will receive an refund. Several days after sending e-mail I received a response declining my refund request, as I didn't cancel before the initial 14 days. I am continuing to attempt to work with claims department, but have also filed a complaint with the Florida BBB and will start with the credit card company tomorrow. Tried to reach customer service again today and was on hold for just short of an hour before moving on. Will try again tomorrow. From the list of complaints it's obvious how they are making their money ... it certainly isn't on a the product.

• Lr
      28th of May, 2009

I was taken as well. On phone with my bank now. There is evidently a seperate international wire fee of $2.64 tacked on to my $88.oo charge as well which means this is probably internatioanl fraud loop. This is why I don't shop online. I had bad feeling about it as soon as I placed my order.

8th of Jun, 2009

i called this company at866-778-7482 and was told to go to their web site claimsdepartment@purnutrients.com, but can not find it. i called and cancelled on 5/11/09 and they said they put it threw on 5/10/09, but it does not matter, because i cancelled before the fourteen days. this product messed up my stomachand i was in pain

9th of Jun, 2009

Ms. Stanley you ordered your trial on 4/29 and canceled on 5/16. That was over the trial period of 15 days as outlined in the terms and conditions. That is why you were charged.

example

9th of Jun, 2009

NatureCleanseSupervisor in my opinion you are a scam, hiding behind the handle NatureCleanseSupervisor is one reason. Another is the inference that certain famous or well known tv personalities approve or recommend your product is another reason your company is a scam in my opinion. Starting the trial period on the day an order is made which only leaves 7-8 days to actually try the product is another reason your company is a scam in my opinion. That is setting up the customer to lose which in my opinion is intentional. The Customer Service representatives at 1-866-779-7568 are not empowered to give a refund is another reason that your company is a scam in my opinion. In my opinion you are just a scam and a ###.

9th of Jun, 2009

How am I hiding, ...can I make myself present on the website itself? I have included the blip mentioned on the website in regards to celebrities. No where in there does it say any celebrities endorse our product. You may always call and extend the trial an additional 15 days if needed prior to the 15th day, we can not pay attention to when you receive the product and start the trial from then, that is dependant upon your post office, we do provide you with a tracking # so you can see where it is at all times. It typically takes 5 days for shipping, so you can call if you need additional time. We do not require you return any product, just a phone call for cancelation. As far as CSR reps not authorized to give refunds, that is partially correct, that is put into peoples hands like myself so that we may evaluate each situation individually and determine if it is justified according to the terms. The csr reps are authorized to give refunds in certain cases where there has been a mistake on our part and that typically is cleared through a Supervisor first. Not seeing the terms and conditions is not our mistake. You ordered on 5/1 and was billed on 5/16 as outlined in the terms, you called us on 5/21. Where is the confusion?

9th of Jun, 2009

Actually what I said was that you inferred that it was used/approved/recommended. By using the photos of celebrities on your site it is inferred and in my opinion that is what you intended. In my opinion if any of those celebrities knew their pictures were on your site they would have it removed. In the photo you supplied as proof that you don't claim celebrities use your product the headline actually says "Celebrities Stay Fit With Natures Cleanse."

If you are legit, then give legit contact information directly to your office. Use your real name like many of us do on this site. In my opinion you hide behind a handle for an obvious reason, your a scam. The receipt says 5/4 and my phone records show that I called on 5/19 I also called twice after that and one of those days was 5/21. Because, in my opinion you are a scam, I called more than once to ensure that I did not get any more of your product shipped and billed to me.

The Attorney Generals offices in Connecticut, Florida and Texas informed me that they have received many complaints. You know the old saying about karma coming back to bite you, I hope it bites you hard.

10th of Jun, 2009

The beginning of your response was strong "Bob", this is true, but it swiftly declined. There is no mention of any specific celebrities taking our product for privacy reasons. I thought maybe I should put my real name, like it makes a differance, I thought I will try and update it then I looked up your "real name" "BOB" "LANDESS" and there are no clients with that name, ..credability started slipping, then you reiterate why you were charged with "The receipt says 5/4 and my phone records show that I called on 5/19" That would be the 15th day and again the terms state "If you find Natural Cleanse is not right for you, simply contact our Customer Service Department to cancel your membership within 14 days of your original order date and you will not be charged any additional fees"...I believe in Karma too, so what did you do to be charged, ...Karma...

10th of Jun, 2009

Your last response has kept me laughing for 15-20 minutes. Anyone I have ever known that goes by Bob has a legal/birth name of Robert.
    Let me know if there are anymore brainbusters I can clear up for you.

10th of Jun, 2009

So in the end you did not comment on the fact that you were correctly charged, just your name, ..Point taken.
    By the way have you taken your nature cleanse today?

10th of Jun, 2009

Why don't you post your name? It does make a difference. I doubt anyone will be convinced by your responses. The more you post the worse you look. FYI credability is spelled credibility. Not surprised that someone who in my opinion lacks credibility does not know how to spell it correctly.

• Ka
      10th of Jun, 2009

Company misreprensented trial period offer. Will not refund money though have tried to cancel