Natural Source Store / South Beach Smile / teeth whitening scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I also ordered a free-trial for $6.95. I did not receive the product until 7 days into the trial period, it hurt my teeth, and NOWHERE in the confirmation email or packaging or even the order form online did it say anything about an automatic $79.99 charge to my credit card. All they could do was lecture me on reading the terms and conditions, if the question I asked didn't fall into their scripted response, they just rattled on and didn't even address my issue. Well I had to go to my dentist yesterday and he advised me to discontinue use of the product because it made my teeth hurt. I also noticed the charge on my account dated Monday 3/30/09. That is when it posted, so it was initiated AT LEAST 2-3 days prior, on the 27th or 28th, which means I really only had 7 days to test the product before they charged me. I ordered on 3/13/09, received 3/20/09 and was most likely charged on Friday 3/27/09.
SO, here is my plan:
I am going to submit a complaint to the BBB. I suggest anyone who has been scammed by this company, or others like Advanced Wellness, do so also.
I have also consulting an attorney. I know this is not a huge amount of money, but these companies are banking on the fact that no one will actually DO anything about it. The charge to my debit card overdrew my account, so I have overdraft charges to contend with as well. What they are doing is false advertising at the very least, fraudulent and possibly criminal. If anyone reading this would be open to participating in a group lawsuit (the term class-action has NOT been thrown around yet) or would like to help at all with information only, please let me know. teethwhiteningscam at yahoo dot com. I am collecting information to present to my attorney so he can decide if this is worth pursuing. No personally identifying information is required at this point.
I have had it with these companies ripping us off, forcing us to deal with foreign customer service reps that either don't speak english well or clearly are only reading from a script and have no idea how to actually serve customers.
My last step is to contact a local news agency that does reports on injustices and scams that target regular people. If I can’t reach the worls, I’ll reach a large portion of Southern California.
My voice will be heard, darn it. This has really made me angry and I want to do something about it!

Km

Comments

• Fs
      6th of Apr, 2009

I tried the SBS Smile and was really pleased with the results. Sorry you didn't have the same experience though!

6th of Apr, 2009

I was also charged a extra $79.99 from SBS. Which I didn't order!!

6th of Apr, 2009

I was also charged $79.99 when they sent me a extra sbs kit.

6th of Apr, 2009

I would like to sign up with kme1971. I also was charged a extra 79.99 on my credit card
    and did not order any extra sbs. I will be contacting BBB.

• Dw
      8th of Apr, 2009

Same thing happened to me...I just got off the phone with them. The supervisor pretty much hung up on me!!!

8th of Apr, 2009

I got scammed by them also. They keep charging me even though i made it clear that i do not want any product from them anymore. They also sent me the product late and told me that they would extend my trail date. They are ripping people off, and they need to be stopped.

• Me
      14th of Apr, 2009

I will voice my issues if needed to anyone that needs it to further help me & them .
    I have had a horrible time with these people getting refund, ordered on the 6th of march, received on the 19th of march, was charged 79.99 on the 20th of march. So I had one day to try it ? No answer when trying to cancel. Got through weeks later and I am now on my 6th person who has promised a partial refund that has never been issued.

• Ri
      14th of May, 2009

Had the same problem with them. Couldn't get through to them on their number (left a message, said they would get back in 24 hours which they did not) and they don't have an email address on their website. Tried the number given in the above complaint and also saw another number on another complaint site, 954-318-2691. Jodi finally did call and she claim they are not being deceptive, and claim the complaints are being filed by a competitor. Asked Jodi why when I called my credit card company that when I told them which charge I was disputing the service representative immediately said, "Oh, we have had many complaints about this company" Watch out!!

• Ji
      29th of Dec, 2009

Jodi,
    I have been scammed, I wrote to Jodi below...

I was told to contact you regarding a complaint for ordering your teeth whitening product. I ordered the product on 12/9/09, I didnt receive it until 12/21/09. The product was severely irritating my gums where my dentist had also recommended me to stop using the product. I tried calling in to your office on 12/21/ to stop the service, nobody answered, kept trying everyday after until finally I got ahold of someone (on 12/28/09) probaby due to the Christmas Holiday being in the middle. This is not fair to me that I was not only given a fair chance to try tothe product receiving it in almost the 14 day trial period, wher eyou guys count the trial to start from the day I ordered. Furterhmore, not that I should need to add to this, I called into your office to get the refund nobody answered the phone until 12/28 which was too late thereafter! I was charged $79.95 twice along with a bunch of $1 charges on my bill. As someone in business I beleive that this is very devious for your busniess to not refund me, extrmely not fair and unjust. Enough for me to contact the BBB for assistance in this matter. I know there have been a slew of other folks like me on complaints.com where I will also be posting this complaint if I do not hear no reply. Instead of getting a full refund the "Owner" who was on the phone offered my 50% off and a coupon from restaurants.com where I was not interested. I demand that I get a full refund. Please respond ASAP

• Ls
      23rd of Jan, 2010

Same here, exactly like Jit Surti above, But I got a $159. charge on my debit card becuase I fell for the double product deal. I tryed to cancel but couldn't, so I canceled my card and got another one so they can't keep charging me. NOw worry that they will send my name to the credit beurrow when they can't charge me again next month.
    ###!!!