Natural Source Store / being charged for product after the trial period

1 OK, United States Review updated:

I ordered a free 14 day trial of their product, "South Beach Smile", teeth whitener, as I saw a testimonial on yahoo.com about how great the "free" trial product was. I hadn't received the product until the 3 days after the 14 day trial to cancel the "subscription" with the Natural Source Store. At this point, I called their customer service number [protected]) and told the csr (Kevin) what I needed and that I did not at any time sign on for a full subscription. I received an update from my bank card that a charge of $78.93 was charged to my account, I called my bank to inform them that this should not have been charged. My bank instructed me to call the company and ask them to cancel the order and request a refund. I called Natural Source spoke with Kevin let him know what was going on and to cancel my subscription with them and to not send anything else to me from their company. I also asked for a confirmation deactivation with a rma (as required by their return policy), so that I could send the trial product back. I didn't get one therefore I haven't returned the product. I called [protected]) again on 4/27/09 trying yet again to get an answer and for a supervisor to tell me that because of the mix up I will be able to get a refund I spoke with an Eric Matthews, he told me my "complimentary" product for deactivation of the first order has a shipped date of 4/11/09(wth). I just want my money back in my account, he tells me that my call was noted in their system on 4/10/09. I told him when I called (4/7/09) and when I received my product(4/7/09) and also my confirmation number to deactivate my order he says that's their confimation to show I called on 4/10/09 and they didn't give refunds back. I informed Eric Matthews that I will be reporting this company to the BBB and callin my bank to let them know this was an unauthorized charge and whatever I need to do at this point to get my refund back I will be doing just that. Frustrated to no end, Eric informs me that the $78.93 charge was for the trial product I received. My bank now informs me that I must wait 30 days to see if the company will refund my money back to my account as they cannot do anything until all avenues they suggest are attempted. I am still working with my bank to get the charges reversed, but the thing is that I still have the free trial product (as I cannot send it back without an rma from Natural Source Store, which they won't provide).
I am highly frustrated and would appreciate any helpful feedback as to how to get this issue resolved.

Comments

29th of Apr, 2009

We would like you to know that we have read your complaint and appreciate your feedback. We recently outsourced our customer service to India and have learned our lesson. This third-party customer service company was unable to perform at the levels we demand and as a result, we have moved 100% of our customer service operations back to the US. We also recommend that any time you place an order online or enter into a trial, you read the terms and condition as it stated tha if you did nt cancel by the end of the trial, you would be charged as we do send out a full product. Finally, we did not put a charge on your account for $78.93, only a charge for $79.99 per the terms and conditions. You may want to speak to your bank about who did charge you the $78.93. We would be more than happy to help you with your situation and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further about it. Our Executive Response Department at our corporate office is dedicated to addressing any customer issues that may have resulted from these issues. Please contact our Executive Response Department at 954-318-4707 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 5:00 PM) so that we may be of further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Natural Source Store,
    Sincerely,
    Tomer Sela, VP
    Executive Response Department
    Natural Source Store, LLC

• Ky
      14th of Aug, 2009

I called the second number on the list and its a cell phone number for one of the higher ups. My advice: Call the 9546369608 number, ask to speak with Frank the Director of Operations, and he is the one that finally refunded me in full. At first, he wanted me to ship it back plus a 15% restocking fee, I talked him down to giving me a full refund. But hey, its his job to try to make a little money, but he will cave if you just keep it up and not back down. He was very polite and very nice. Again, his name was Frank and hes the Operations Director of Natural Source Store. He was very helpful and I recommend talking to him to resolve any issues.