Natural Source Store / cannot reach customer service

1 Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:

I signed up for a free trial of their stretch mark removal creme. The offer said that if I was not happy with the product I could cancel and return the product within 21 days in order to not be billed the $80 something that it costs. First, I waited two weeks before I even received the product. The packing slip that came with it said that the return must be postmarked within 15 days of the date of shipping, but there is no ship date, just a date of my order. I have tried to call the company repeatedly, only to get hold music for 5-15 minutes and then the phone hangs up without even an option to leave a message. This company is is a total scam! Already, I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get my return authorization number and like others will have to end up fighting this with my credit card company.

Go

Comments

• Go
      10th of Mar, 2009

Hi. This is me commenting on my own comment. I was able to find another phone number for the company that is not listed anywhere else on their website or invoice/packing slip. I found it off the Better Business Bureau website and was able to speak to a real person. It is 954-894-3445. Do not call the number they tell you to call, 954--237-2690, or you will surely be left on hold for a loooooong time and then will be hung up on.

• St
      10th of Mar, 2009

RE: Nautual Source Store LLC (Hollywood, FL)

I AGREE!!! I returned the products with the mandatory RMA#, etc. within the time frame alloted and I still got charged the following month WITHOUT receiving the products! My card was charged 3 times amounting to over $200!!! I used the number you uggested, got through to someone, but I am still waiting for a callback from a manager to give me a refund. UNBELIEVABLE! So not worth it!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

• Ca
      10th of Mar, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREEW/GOO EVERY WORD! THEY TELL U RISK FREE FOR 30 DAYS ON THE WEB AD & I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A LIVE REP WHEN I THOUGHT ABOUT ORDERING IT & SHE SAID THE SAME THING. SHE EVEN SAID I COULD CALL RIGHT UP TO THE 30TH DAY & CANCEL & NOT GET ANY MYSTERY CHARGES. I WAS SKEPTICAL ON TRYING THIS PRODUCT BUT WHEN I SAW A TESTIMONIAL OF A CHIC FRM MY HOME TOWN OF McALLEN, TX I THOUGHT WHAT THE HEC I'LL TRY IT. WELL LET ME TELL YOU THAT I GOT MUCH FASTER AND BETTER RESULTS FRM A LITTLE BOTTLE THAT COST $20 AND U CAN ONLY GET AT WALGREEN OR CVS STORES. IT'S CALLED BIO OIL AND LET ME TELL YOU IT WORKS! JUST LIKE IT SAID ON THE PARENTING MAGAZING. I USED IT ALL THRU MY PREGNANCY AND THE TINY CAT SCRATCHES I HAD ARE VERTULALY INVISIBLE! I DID CALL THE NATURAL SOURCE STORE WITH AMPLE TIME SO I COULD PRECISELY AVOID THE MYSTERY CHARGE THAT STILL OCCURED ON MY BANK ACCOUNT. I EVEN GOT A CANCELATION# AND THEY STILL CHARGED ME! I AM VERY UPSET! I CALLED BUT OF COUSRE THEY'RE CLOSED. I WILL CALL FIRST THING TOMORROW HOPEFULLY ALL GOES WELL. BY THE WAY THANKS GOO OF FL FOR THE OTHER #! DID U GET A GRETTING FRM SOUTH BEACH SUPP WHEN U CALLED?

• Gi
      11th of Mar, 2009

It seems y0u have the same problem as I do. Apparently, the customer service number (954/23 7/2690) is based in India and give poor customer service. I had to go through the website and leave a message for them to return my call on the contact us forum. When they called me back, I missed the call but was left with a different number to reach a live person. So far I have 3 different numbers you can reach someone at. 954/237/2691, 954/894/3665, 954/894/3445. I hope this is helpful.

• Mi
      11th of Mar, 2009

Thanks "goo, " I will try the other phone number you got from the BBB website. I'm getting the runaround from Natural Source Store "customer service" today.

• Fr
      12th of Mar, 2009

I just wanted to give those of you who have made a return and are waiting for repayment some hope. As long as you acquire the RMA number and include it on your package you will get a refund. I also tracked it through the post office for an additional $2 so I knew when it got there. My return got there on 3/2/09 and just today, 3/12/09, did the $$ go back on my credit card. I had the same problems getting through, leaving un-returned messages, and getting hung up on after being on hold for 15 minutes. When I first called, I got through and spoke to helpful people right away. After I acquired the RMA is when I had difficulty getting through and speaking with foreigners who I could barely understand. I don't know how but I think that they have a list of numbers that get sent to the annoying call center so that unsatisfied customers just get frustrated and give up. I didn't try the tooth whitener yet, I wanted to wait til everything was resolved. It was a good deal though in the end, for $3.95 S&H, and $4.50 return of the second shipment I received, I have a month supply of whitener and all the accessories.

• Cr
      12th of Mar, 2009

Is there any chance that I will get my money back if I left messages well before my trial was up to cancel? They never returned my calls, I don't know what the RMA# is. All I have are the order number and customer number and the date it was purchased. Will these work once I return the product. I just want my money back and don't know why we the customer s are still being charged if we left messages stating that we wanted to return the product when if someone real answered the phone the first time, and process our request of cancellation the first time, there would never be an issue! Why are we still charged if they tell you to leave a message and they will call you back to handle your situation and they never do. They obviously know you want to cancel if they listen to the message you leave, so why not spare that customer and not charge the card, and just return the phone call as their recoding says someone will!!! Thanks for the new contact numbers. I will be calling tomorrow.

• Me
      13th of Mar, 2009

Same exact thing is happening to me with the retruning of the the cosmetyn product and telling them I don't want any shipments nor to pay the 89.95. It took forever to get the product and now i've returned it but without this magical code they gave me on the phone, of course after I had already sent the package off. I told the customer service agent I had already put it in the mail and so couldn't put that code on the envelope. He said I would then be charged the 89.95 for the product and that this detail is under the terms and conditions. I called my bank (bank of america) to dispute the matter and they say I need to write a letter and explain everything and then send it to my bank and go from there. PLUS, now I've been charged $27 for some other product from a fitness company that is related to Cosmetyn for something I didn't order. BEWARE! I guess by clicking "submit" as one must do in order to receive the free cosmetyn sample, I also supposedly signed up to receive some other product. I'm good about reading fine print and I didn't see anything about this. I just called this fitness company and they refuse to take the charge off of my card but say they will not send anymore after this and gave me a cancellation number. I'm still not satisfied. I called my bank and will be disputing this charge as well but I think it might be difficult. These people are evil and I want to see to it that they are put out of business. $27 is not gonna kill me but I refuse to pay it based on principal. I will also call the BBB and report them. I asked the customer service guy how he could sleep at night knowing he's part of such an evil scam...

• Ru
      18th of Mar, 2009

I agree with you and hope that you get some relief soon. I have the very similiar experiences as described above:.

Here's an address to file your complaints:
    Natural Source Store, LLC
    Ruth
    Long Beach

• Dl
      26th of Mar, 2009

Is the complaint email address of dmca@naturalsource.com still current? Tried to send them an email and it did not go through.

• Mi
      30th of Mar, 2009

I ordered the South Beach Smile free trial I paid s&h $6.95 on 3-17 I got the product 3-28 so I have 4 days to try the product. I called 237-2690 I talked to a person from India I was able to cancel any further shipments and I need to send back the kit by 4-1 used mouth trays and all. I'm going to put the whitening gel into a container of mine to keep and use. They told me to put this number on the returned package 00033020090100 and gave me an address 4051 SW 47TH Ave. 101-102 Vavie? or Davie? Florida 33314, the city name is wrong and I couldn't understand what he was saying I looked on google and the zip code is in Fort Lauderdale so I'm going to try these #'s and get the right address.

Try this free Whiteningnow.com free product I got it in 3 days and it's 36% Carbamide Peroxide Gel, South Beach Smile is 22% -weak

• Ka
      31st of Mar, 2009

This same thing happen to me. I order a product, and now I cannot reach them to cancel my order. I was thinking on reporting this fraud. One can file a complaint throught the internet crime complaint center. The website is http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

3rd of Apr, 2009

These people are scammers and liars - They need to be put out of business.

They dupe people into sending $6.99 for a trial offer. Then bill you an additional $79 - 2 weeks later. They bury the additional $79 charges deep in the "terms and conditions" which you check when you place the order. This is very deceptive, but possibly legal. I'm sure that they know that they are in trouble so don't be surprised to see the additional charges mentioned more prominently from this day forward.

If you ordered this product from an “add button” that you clicked on AOL (America Online) Chances are that you have also registered with another deceptive company as well. It will appear as “TEETH WHITENING NOW 866-964-1011 CY” on your credit card bill. You need to cancel this order as soon as possible because they practice the same scam. (Only you will be billed $78 instead of $79)

From what I've read so far, This charge will be recurring until you cancel – So don't wait. These people are ruthless and these type of schemes are on the increase

3rd of Apr, 2009

PS: They have a Toll Free phone number for "sales and gift card redemption" - I'll bet they answer that one (877)894-3445

• Fs
      6th of Apr, 2009

I have ordered several different prodcuts from natural soruce store and i've always had a good experience with them. You have to cancel your order before the date that they tell you, but as long as you do that, you should be fine - I was!

6th of Apr, 2009

This type of scam is on the rise - These scammers know that most people don't read "terms and conditions" anymore so they put the real price in micro-print. This means that they are legally covered and you are ###ed. Unfortunately for them, they have terrible customer service and are sometimes extremely difficult to reach by phone.

MEANING - You need to claim that you tried to cancel your order within the trial period, but you could not get through. This way, they have to issue a refund - If they don't, you have a case.

These people are ruthless ### - Talking to them is useless - They know their deception makes money

Also, beware of the following company:

Advanced Wellness Research

Same ###, different name

• Gb
      15th of Apr, 2009

Something is terribly wrong with people who do these types of scams. A business like this should be put out of business. It is unethical behavior like this that puts people in a difficult financial situation. Many of us work hard for our earnings and I feel like this company has stolen from me.

They have now closed the customer service office in India so you get a recording that says the office is closed...during business hours? Wouldn't it be a good idea to give customers a new number to call instead of just shutting down the office with no way of knowing what to do next. Terrible customer service.

There are only two numbers that work: 1) (954) 894-9445 - Customer Service, spoke with Martha at this number and she was very rude and I had to get upset and yell before she agreed to issued me a credit. 2) (954) 318-4707 - Executive Response Department. I called this number and had to leave a voice message. Did not like the idea of that, but I did get a return phone call within 10 minutes. I spoke with Jody at this number, she was very nice and did confirm that the credit by Martha was issued.

This company needs to do so much more in order to redeem themselves or they should just close their doors, period. They blame the poor service on their outsourcing the customer service to India, but it is their responsibility to see to it that customers are not mistreated in this manner for any reason. Being misinformed, lied to, given the run around, having to get upset, etc. is not my idea of how a company should treat its customers. This company is doomed!

• Am
      2nd of May, 2009

WELL THIS IS TO THE NSS AND ALLLLL THE PEOPLE THAT GOT SCAMMED, FOR ONE NSS YOU ARE LYING, IT IS NOW MAY AND YOU ARE STILL USING THE INDIA CUST SERV. FOR TWO, I ORDERED THE TRIAL AND CANCELLED THE SAME DAY YOU REFUNDED ME MY TRIAL MONEY BACK BUT THEN YALL TOOK OUT THE MONEY TWICE FOR MY ORDER. AND I HAVE CALLED AT LEAST 50 TIMES, I HAVE REPORTED THE COMPANY TO THE BBB. AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND!!! YOU PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME SOOOOO MUCH THINGS. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT YOU PREY ON PEOPLE LIKE THIS. I GOT MY REFUND ISSUED ON 4/04/09 AND AM STILL TOLD EVERY TIME I CALL THAT I HAVE TO WAIT 10 BUSINESS DAYS, THIS IS MAKING ME SICK AND MY STOMACH HURTS. IF ANYONE IS READING THIS PLEASE DONT ORDER. AS FOR THAT MIRACULOUSLY ONE PERSON THAT HAD RESULTS TRY TO SEND SOMETHING BACK FOR A REFUND AND THEN SAY YOU HAVE EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM THEM ( IF YOU DONT WORK FOR THEM)
    THIS IS DEFINATELY A SCAMM, THEY EVEN TOLD ME THAT THE MANAGER WAS IN KOREA AND COULD NOT TALK. I AM SO SORRY I FOUND THIS WEBSITE NOW I SEE THIS IS A HOAX. I REALLY WAS HOPEFUL TO GET MY MONEY BACK

6th of May, 2009

Evryone is right and another thing is they lied about moving the company customer service from india it is still there. These people are idiots!!! I can't stand liars I called today as soon as I heard they were a scam to cancel my order and they said I had to wait until I received it to cancel I don't care if the product those work I don't want anything to do with this idiots!!! LIARS

• Li
      11th of May, 2009

I saw the really neat add for teeth whitening...just pay the shipping and it's completely free. My credit card company notified me that Natural Soure Store (aka NSS-SB Smile) and Teeth Whitening Now had attempted to charge my credit card, less than a week later for much more. I attempted to stop the charges and was told to call the vendor. I was not able to reach anyone at Natural Soure Store (aka NSS-SB Smile) for 2 days. When I did reach someone I was told there was told "nothing had been charged to my card." $79.99 was charged and less than a month later another $46.94 by the same "company." I contact my credit card company, who contacted Natural Soure Store (aka NSS-SB Smile), while I was on the line. I did not read the contract that they supposedly say that I approved, allowing them to bill my credit card monthly. The credit card (Wells Fargo) got my RMA number, cancelled my service, and I finally recieved a confirmation via email from this company confirming this today. The credit card company is going to keet tabs on this transaction and I was advised to become pro-active with this so I am doing everything possible to make sure that this company is put out of business. Please don't fall for these teeth whitening add traps. Nothing if FREE and, if there is fine print, read it before you press that button. This mistake cost me my valuable time, money I can not get back (approx. $150), postage to send that product back and (from what I have read) much more time fighting to the latest $39.99 charge back, minus the shipping. As for the product--all I see is red from anger.