Natural Source Store / south beach smile

1 6565 Taft St.#204Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-237-2690

I'm joining many other people complaining about this company.I was to receive a free trial of "South Beach Smile" teeth whitening product. I was billed for $6.95 shipping for this"free" product, but before I could even try the product, I was shipped another of the same item and billed $79.99. I have been calling their phone number listed to get a RMA number for a week now. Was on hold forever, the one time I actually got a real person, supposedly, their "server" was down.I was then told to call back in 24 hours, which I did, but still no answer. I left message as they offered to call me back asap...still no return call! At this time, I've left 3 messages asking them to call me so I can get the RMA number that they "require"before I can get a refund.I have not received any satisfaction from this company.I currently have a complaint in process with my bank because of these unauthorized charges to my credit card.
Do not order any "free trial offers" from this company. It appears to be the same company that called the teeth whitening product "Ivory Smile" as well as "South Beach Smile".

Im

Comments

• Ga
      9th of Mar, 2009

Hello imangry

I was surfing the net for a teeth whitening product when I came across South Beach Smile. I did the usual routine of reviewing the product on the internet prior to any purchase and did not find any negatives about this product, so I placed the "trial offer for 3.95" order. I do not know why I continued to look at reviews, having already placed the order, but I did and came across your post, I am so upset I did not see your post prior to placing the order. I hope your experience will not become mine, although I'am an attorney and know exactly what direction to take in this type of situation, I hope it will not be a repeat performance of your experience, I would hate to have to go though the ###, we all have busy lives and this would be just another inconvenience on top of the already overloaded pile of "X". Good luck in your endeavors. Gary W.

• Gi
      11th of Mar, 2009

t seems y0u have the same problem as I do. Apparently, the customer service number (954/23 7/2690) is based in India and give poor customer service. I had to go through the website and leave a message for them to return my call on the contact us forum. When they called me back, I missed the call but was left with a different number to reach a live person. So far I have 3 different numbers you can reach someone at. 954/237/2691, 954/894/3665, 954/894/3445. I hope this is helpful.

12th of Mar, 2009

AWFUL ! I never even received my free trial at all and when I realized the 14 days was soon upon me before they enrolled me in VIP I couldn't get anyone to take the call. Constantly busy, no return calls.

To top it off, I got charged $27.00 to my credit card that I had no clue where it came from. When I called the 800 number listed along with the charge, the company rep stated that I had "agreed" to become enrolled in their service when I ordered my South Beach Smile trial and that it was clearly seen on the website. (this was for some sort of free fitness advice) - I had no recollection of this at all and they refused to reimburse me this $27.00. Nothing but a scam all the way around

• Re
      13th of Mar, 2009

If you should ever get your product late, just call the company and let them know and they will extend your trial.

Common sense.

• Su
      13th of Mar, 2009

I've had the same experience with Natural Source Store. I was billed $27 from another company, Fitcompass.com, in which the latter said I had agreed to enroll in their co when I ordered the trial product from Natural Source Store. This is BOGUS and FRAUD! Suffice it to say, I called my bank and had my credit card closed out PRIOR TO the pending transaction. Additionally, I am having my bank check this place out for fraud. And as you all have said above, DO NOT buy these "trial" products --- they don't even work! If your transactions have not yet gone through, close out your credit card and your bank will issue you another credit card #, & tell your bank to check out these companies for fraud. If your charge has already gone through, call your bank & dispute the charge and have them check out this site by seeing the sheer NUMBERS of people who have been ripped off by these bogus companies! They will reverse your charges. THE MORAL OF THE STORY: DON'T BUY ANY PRODUCTS FROM THESE ONLINE STORE ADS ~ Good luck ~ Suzy

• Fr
      14th of Mar, 2009

This place is definately fraudulent. I am going to call the BBB and report them. I had used a free trial of the stretch mark cream that they had. Well apparently it was a 21 day trial and I didn't even realize it. No where on their website is there a disclaimer in small print. If there is I sure as heck didn't find it. I ordered the cream then apparently when my 21 day trial was up, they withdrew 89.95 from my account. I was livid. I havent even received another shipment of the little bottle of cream. I called the customer service line and was told that all they could refund was 30 dollars. Well I still was not happy with that cause the guy I spoke to was hard to understand and decided to write an email. I explained in the email, if they were not going to give me the money then I want at least the 30 dollars they promised and 60 dollars worth of product. I told them that I want a reasonable solution tio this nonsense.. I mean 90 dollars? Thats insane. I told them that I will take this as high as I need to go and that I will report them for fraud. I continue to wait for the end results..

Frustrated in Kansas
    Carrie

• Ki
      16th of Mar, 2009

I'm another complainer. I have just sent this letter to them:

Dear Natural Source Store,

You are clearly robbing customers. I ordered a free trial. Unfortunately, it took about 2 weeks to get to me. Since you say that you have to return it within 15 days of YOUR shipping date, that pretty much makes it impossible for me to return to you in time.

Secondly, your paperwork says that YOU MUST call 954-237-2690 to get an RMA to return the leftover product. Well, as you know, that doesn’t work real well. I tried calling several times. I left a message but never received a return phone call. I called again and was on hold for 45 minutes!!! As I was holding, I started browsing the internet and found lots of interesting complaints about your company. The complaints were exactly the same as mine.

On one complaint board forum, someone had posted a DIFFERENT number that they received from the Better Business Bureau in Florida. That is the ONLY way I got a hold of a real person, most likely from another country, who had to listen to me ### and complain about your fraudulent business practices.

I’ll be sending a copy of this letter on to the BBB to join all of the other ones I’m sure they already have on file.

FYI:

Kim
    San Diego

• Tk
      17th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a free 14 day trial of their product, "South Beach Smile", teeth whitener, as I saw a testimonial on yahoo.com about how great the "free" trial product was. I didn't even receive the product until the day I had to cancel the "subscription" with the Natural Source Store. Suspecting that something wasn't right, I e-mailed them at the e-mail address supplied by them in a confirmation e-mail to with my order and account number telling them to cancel my subscription with them and to not send anything else to me from their company. I also asked for a confirmation e-mail with a return authorization code (as required by their returns policy), so that I could send the trial product back. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, so I didn't have a return authorization code. At this point, I called their customer service number (954-237-2690) and told the female fielding the call what I needed and that I did not at any time sign on for a full subscription. She then informed me that I would need to speak with a supervisor, but that they were all "busy". Obviously frustrated, I gave her my name, phone number, account and order number with them so that a supervisor would call me back. Long story short, no one called and my bank account was charged $79.99 for a one month supply that I was never shipped. I am still working with my banker to get the charges reversed, but the catch is that I still have the free trial product (as I cannot send it back without a return authorization from Natural Source Store, which they won't provide), and they are now saying I also have the one month supply they illegally charged me for in the first place; which I never received.
    I am highly frustrated and would appreciate any helpful feedback as to how to get this issue resolved.
    Sincerely,
    FRUSTRATED

• Sc
      17th of Mar, 2009

I agree. They are a rip off. They make it impossible to cancel. I tried calling the same number and no one answers. I'm haven't even open their product, but I have alerted my credit card company to contest the billing, as I have tried calling to receive an RMA number. Don't even know why it is necessary to talk to someone to get a RMA number. At last Ivory White has a means to cancel via their web site. South Beach Smile doesn't offer that option because they want 14 days to lapse, so that you're stuck with their monthly plan. Someone should file legal action against this scam company!

• Ru
      18th of Mar, 2009

After reading the other complaints listed here. I agree that Natural Source Store is VERY underhanded. I'm sending this e-mail to the Natural Source Store for the South Beach Teeth Whitening trial kit and unknowingly the my enrollment in th Fitcompass online program.

Dear Natural Source Store:
    On the day that I ordered the free trial, I called and e-mailed you to cancel my order. Unfortunately, you shipped me the product anyway, and it took about 2 weeks to get to me. Since you say that you have to return it within 15 days of YOUR shipping date, that pretty much makes it impossible for me to return to you in time.
    I've had an another awful experience with your company, Natural Source Store. In addition to not being able to cancel my order as requested. I was billed $27 from Fitcompass.com. I hadn't realize that I had agreed to enroll in another company's service when I ordered the trial product from from you. This is absolutely underhanded.
    FitCompass.COM
    Customer Service 356 North 750 West D-9 #403
    800-380-7751 or 800-260-1347 (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM MST, M-F)
    American Fork, Utah 84003
    customerservice@FitCompass.com
    I'm having my bank check you and Fitcompass out for fraud.
    Because your paperwork requires the consumer to call 954-237-2690 to get an RMA to return the leftover product, this make it impossible to comply to your requirements.
    I have browsed the Internet and found lots of complaints about your company. The complaints were very similar in nature to mine.
    I’ll be forwarding a copy of this e-mail in a letter format to the BBB to join all of the other ones I’m sure they already have on file.
    Ruth
    Long Beach

• Co
      19th of Mar, 2009

Ordered something free only pay shipping Now continure to ship item and charge my credit card.

• Ga
      20th of Mar, 2009

I had the same experience with the Natural Source Store LLC and the same customer service phone number. However, I got through to them and spoke to a "Kevin Marshall" who said he could not cancel my VIP enrollment until I returned the shipment to them at my expense. The VIP order wasn't even shipped when I called, but he c0uldn't cancel anything according to their terms and conditions, which were never visible until after I had processed the free sample request. I demanded to speak to a supervisor, and he said he was the only one who could help me, to which I told him I would call the Hollywood, Fl office and complain about him. Then he said let me get my manager. Mr "Steven Hall" then explained to me (from his script) that according to their terms and conditions I have to return the shipment when I receive it, and they will issue a credit to my master card! I told him that I had cancelled the credit card, and informed master card not to accept any billing from the Natural Source Store, or Advanced Wellness Research, and that I am sending this info to the BBB and the Attorney of The United States. After a half hour of going around with him I said I would not accept the order, and there is not credit card to bill it on - he finally agreed to cancel the order and close the account. These people are scammers and fraudulent underhanded thieves.

• Ki
      20th of Mar, 2009

This company is the biggest scam ever! They make it impossible for you to actually return the product within 14 days and to even get to try the product for 1-2 days! I hope this scam is shut down.

• Mi
      20th of Mar, 2009

I have had the same experience with the Natural Source Store. IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM! I purchased some stretch mark cream on a trial basis, and was enrolled in "FitCompass.Com" membership. The rep said that there was a box checked that if I did not call within 10 business days I would automatically be enrolled and be charged $27 dollars. I have absolutely no recollection of this! I have already filed a dispute with my credit card company and will be forwarding my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

• Di
      20th of Mar, 2009

OMG! I knew it! I just freakin knew it! I just got the $27 MyWellness charge for the Natural Source Store/
    Southbeach Teeth Whitening scam. And the fraud begins.

We've called Advance Wellness, the # on the invoice 866-964-1011, to cancel this. It has been 12 days since we placed the order.
    We were told someone else would call with an RMA #. This is clearly a fraudulent practice as I'm sure we will never get this call.

I will be calling my bank in the morning to see what they can do and file any complaints I can on that end.

I've read about a $79.99 charge that is apparently about to be billed. What is this?

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

23rd of Mar, 2009

Great. I just fell victim, called my bank and ordered stop payment, hope they catch it.
    The $79.99 is the same charge I got, for teeth whitening.
    When I called 954-237-2690, I got a Ray Dawson ext 1313, who was rude. They outsource their customer service call, to India.
    I now have to claim my bank card as lost to get a new one so they won't have the card on file.
    I called within the 14 day trial period, and they say I did not.
    Big time scam.
    Is there any way to file a lawsuit over this type of practice?

23rd of Mar, 2009

I also fell victim to this scam. I called that fitcompass company about the $27.00 and they told me the same crap. I then called SBS about the$27.00 I found out South Beach Smile signs people up for your offer without their knowledge even when I did not check or accept the offer. SBS said they have no knowledge of any additional offers. They do not do that. I also talked to someone name Steven Hall. Fake name obvious since this guy I talked too was from India.

23rd of Mar, 2009

Here is a good article requarding these type of companies. Please forward to others so they don't get scammed.

23rd of Mar, 2009

I am having the same problem as all these people. The Natural Source Store hasn't charged me for my free trial but i'm sending it back asap, for some rason they've already sent a second box of the same product. The Fitnesscompass.com had enrolled me charging the $27 and when I called they refunded me half of that. so i'm waiting to get back 13.50. I keep calling to make sure my membership has been canceled and the 954-2337-2690 number says its either disconnected or no longer in service. I'm glad I'm not the only one but I wish I'd read what you've all posted sooner. I hope this reaches other people before tey make the same mistake.
    -Bobbi

25th of Mar, 2009

I was given a 14 day trial and received the product 10 days after ordering so I had 4 days to try it and I called to cancel on the 14th day and they were closed after 5:00 Pm EST even though I ordered it after 5:00 PM so in other words they did not give me 14 days they gave me 13 days and 22 hours then charged me $79.99 for what was only worth $6.99