Natural Acai Berry Dietary Supplement / false charges

Hello: my complaint is exactly the same as that of Deb James on 1/20/2009. I ordered a free sample of acai berry for which I agreed to pay the postage of $4.95. This transaction on my bank statement appears as x factor supplement and shows a phone contact number of [protected] KN which turns out not to be a working number. Subsequently I received a bottle from Natural Acai Berry (www.natural-acai- berry.com (which also lists a non-working phone number of [protected]) and upon investigation find numerous charges on my credit card which total over $320.00. I have called all available phone numbers, have talked to Life Cleanse (from which I also ordered a free sample) who tell me I failed their cancel clause which I don't remember reading on the website when I ordered free sample. I am proceeding with fraud charges with my bank, since Life Cleanse said they sent out another bottle (costing $87.13) as a result of what they call my failing to cancel my subscription. However, this item for $87.13 is listed on my bank statement as Acaiberry Detox, not Life Cleanse. In addition, the timing of shipments is very suspect: my order for free samples (one Life Cleanse, one acai berry supplement) were placed 1/03/09. Subsequent shipments for $87.13 and $91.08 were debited on 12/21 and 1/06/09 respectively (per "subscriptions"). This makes no sense and clearly are fraudulent. Two other orders for $69.95 each appeared on bank statement 12/18/08 and 1/18/09.

I will appreciate hearing any success people have in negotiating these abuses.

Comments

21st of Jan, 2009

I also ordered the acai berry from natural-acai-berry.com and it is a non-working number. Please help so I can cancel this stuff before it charges me. Anyone that has any answers, please help!!!

• Ci
      21st of Jan, 2009

i just got one mail today need help sent 2 back already help.

• Ka
      21st of Jan, 2009

call 1-866-376-4078 for the Acai and 1-866-949-0138 for the cleanse. I had to do some research today to try and track down a good # to cancel. I received the bottle in the mail and the number on the bottle and on the website was incorrect. They let me cancel and gave me conformation #s. Still monitor your account afterwards though.

• Er
      21st of Jan, 2009

early december i ordered a free trial of acai berry. I revieved the trial bottle [01/02/09] and 3 days after i had revieved it I was charged for $88.76 [01/05/09] for this month supply I was to be expecting. I have yet to revieve a month supply. I then find out today I was charged AGAIN for $87.13 [1/21/09]. HUGE SCAM. I went in search of a number to cancel and get a refund for the two months I have not even used the product. If thats what you have in mind, GOOD LUCK! The number on the bottle is what seems to be a fake number. I found another number and they took my information and told me I was not in the "system". Its nice they can lose my contact information when I am throwing so much money away on something that I have stopped holding my breath for. my advice, cancel your cards move on. I did find one number where I got a little help but I have no word on a refund just them telling me my subscription is cancelled & will revieve no further charges. I am still cancelling my card to prevent any further false charges.

The number that may be of ANY help is 1-866-931-6791

21st of Jan, 2009

Hey, thanks for the phone number, I was able to cancel my shipment with no problem and they can me a confirmation number too!!! Thanks again!!!

• Er
      23rd of Jan, 2009

you may want to check your account in the next few days to make sure you are not being charged any further false charges. i checked mine today and i found an un authorized charge of 40 dollars. i was able to contact my banks fraud department cancel my card and get the 40 dollars to stop going thru. but as for the rest of my 160 i will have to wait and see what happens. i have yet to receieve any confirmation email.

1st of Feb, 2009
    natural acai berry dietary supplement - scam
    Natural Acai Berry
    berry.com

I payed a minimal amount for shipping and handling for a "free" trial of this product (around $4, with an added fee I found on my statement similar to an ATM fee) and have now received a larger bottle costing $70 that I did not sign up for in any way and do not want. There is no way to reach the company as their 800 number is no longer in service. What can I do? It's being charged to my debit card, so I will contact my bank, but I did not sign anything stating I would continue to purchase the product and this must be completely illegal. There is no address or other information available on the website to contact the "company."

• La
      4th of Mar, 2009

it happen to me to but i was wondering if anyone has started taking them and if it actually works? cuz since i had to pay for them i want my moneys worth

6th of Mar, 2009

I called today 03/06/09 and talked to Sean Caster and he gave me a cancellation number and is going to send me an email with the cancellation number on there. I will monitor my account to see if I get anymore charges on there. After ordering this supplement - I thought to myself that we probably can get the same thing at a vitamin store like GNC and yet we risked our checking account to try something else to lose weight. Keep calling that 1-800-278-3620 number - I did get through the first time I called.

6th of Mar, 2009

I just checked my email and the cancellation number was there and it stated one month acai berry supply. I asked the operator who was Matthew Wigley what is one month supply and he said it was 60 capsules. He said that you will receive 60 capsules after this bottle and I told him that I do not want anymore of these capsules and he checked my cancellation and said you will only be charged the $4.95 because you cancelled in time. I received the pills yesterday which was 03/08/09 and the little voice told me to cancel today and that is exactly what I did. I also told him that I am reading a lot about your company being a fraud and full of scams and I do not want this to be on my record (checking account). He assure me that it will not happen but I will check my account often and I may even call my bank and tell them to stop payments from this company to cover my back early. The number that I called is again 1-800-278-3620 and my called went through the first time. I hope this helps someone. We as ladies need to be more careful about who we give our information to.

6th of Mar, 2009

I just got off the phone with my bank and told them I wanted to stop all charges coming from this company. All I have to do is go to my bank and sign an affidavit to stop all charges. I am not sure if you waited a while before catching all of this but I felt uneasy after I received the bottle yesterday and I got right on it. Is wonderful when you get wisdom from God and he leads you in the right direction. He is always there when we mess up and I pray that this will work (the steps I took to get this cancel) and that this information will help someone. God Bless!

21st of Mar, 2009

Thanks for the number. After my free trial I received last month I received a second bottle of the product yesterday. The package does not come with any paperwork. I just called the number above and received a cancellation number. They said they did not have a return policy and I could not return the product I just received in the mail. They said I would not be receiving any future products... Also, the capsule contains only 100 mg of Acai berry - you can purchase higher mg at Wal-Mart. I wished I would have checked this out further.

27th of Apr, 2009

this product is scam, the charge me 90 dollars, i try to reach them, and all numers are disconnected!!! i dont know what to do,

• Ro
      19th of Aug, 2009

I PAID FOR SHIPPMENT OF THE FREE TRIAL BOTLE OF ACAI. THEY
    CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD 23 JUL 09 83.13 FOR SHIPPMENT I NEVER DID RECEIVE. ON 8 AUG 09 THEY CHARGED ME ANOTHER
    83.13 WHICH IALSO DID NOT RECEIVE. CALLED MY CREDIT CARD
    COMPANY AND THEY WILL LOOK INTO IT. IT'S A SCAM.

ROBERT M KALEIOHI