Natural-Acai-Berry / 800# Fraud on Terms & Conditions

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I purchased the trail 10-day supply of Natural Acai Berry. On the terms of conditions they give an 800# [protected]) to call to cancel membership within 14 days of placing order. However, when I call the 800# I get a constant busy signal for hours. When I finally get through, I receive a recording, stating "United Carrier Networks and Buyers United" and the call is disconnected. There is no link on their website to cancel your membership so you won't be charged and shipped any future pills. This is a scam so you can not locate them to cancel so your credit card/debit card will constantly be charged for merchandise you no longer wish to purchase. And when you can reach them it's beyond the 14-day clause listed in terms and conditions and you are stuck.

I will never recommend or order from Natural-Acai-Berry again. My only recourse is to dispute the charge and/or close my account; therefore, they will not have a valid account in which to charge future merchandise to without my permission.

Comments

Gr
  19th of Jan, 2009
Natural-Acai-Berry - Bogous Contact & Charges
Natural-Acai-Berry
Siloam
North Carolina

Our package arrived to us Saturday, January 17 without any supplemental information. We immediately knew this was a bogous product. After going online to read more about this product, we tried contacting the company immediately after we realized an addtl $69.95 will be billed to our credit card after 10 days - but the phone number is no longer in service. Can someone please post the number they were successful in using to contact the company? We are very concerned about our credit card number being compromised.
Regards.

Sparks
Nevada
Phone: 1-800-278-3620
Natural-Acai-Berry.com

Has anyone successfully discontinued the monthly shipments. If so what exact steps did you take? I do not want to cancel my card.

Also does anyone know how to file a formal complaint against this third party distributing company? They are a rip off and I am embarrassed that I was so naive.

Don't bother trying to call there is always a recording about being unavailable.

So
  21st of Jan, 2009

CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD AND REPORT IT AS FRAUD> This company tried to do the same thing to me and usually they can give you your money back. And changing your number will make sure that they can't make another false charge.

Kr
  28th of Jan, 2009
Natural-Acai-Berry - deception on trial offer

TRIAL product was sent with absolutely no paperwork. I was not informed that I would have to call and cancel my order because there was no communication from the seller at all. The return address also did not state the website, nor did the bottle. There were no emails that followed the trial offer entry. Then I received a packet with additional pills in it. Again there was no information on it on how to contact anyone. I had to file a dispute just to find out who was charging me. I found out the company and it turns out they do not have a return policy and I am still getting charged.

Vi
  2nd of Feb, 2009

The number on the bottle is disconnected. I found the number on my
credit card bill and talk to a real person. I told them to discontinue any shipment and they gave me a cancellation number, we will see if it happens. The number to call is 1-866-376-4078 hope this helps!

Kk
  11th of Feb, 2009

Hi! I am fed up with this company as well. My story is that I realized it was a "Club" right after I finished submitting my "trial" order for $4.95. I cancelled on December 10, 2008, before the 10 day deadline (which was also before I ever received the trial bottle).

At the end of January, or first week of February, I received a full bottle of Acai. I got online and checked my credit card statement, and sure enough, a charge of $69.95 was on my account. I called back immediately ~ (and yes, the 800 number on the bottle had been disconnected... I got a new # to call from their website) ~ I gave them my cancellation # from the first time that I called, which they had no record of (of course). They said that they would cancel it that day, but that I could keep the bottle that I had just received.

I said, NO WAY!, I do not want this bottle, I want my $69.95 back! He put me on hold, then came back with an RMA # for me to send the bottle back. I sent it back insured & with a return receipt so they can't say I never returned it. I have been credited for the $69.95, but I just received my credit card bill, and there was a previous $69.95 charge for a bottle that I never got... unless they are charging $69.95 for the original "trial" bottle. I guess I'll have to call them again and get them to credit that one... Or I may just go through my credit card company and dispute the charge.

I don't really want to deal with these people anymore! Hopefully I will not be charged again, or receive another bottle, but only time will tell... Good luck and God Bless!

St
  11th of Feb, 2009

If you continue to leave that credit card open, don't be surprised if you see future charges.. trust me, you will get them without your consent.

Don't just cancel but you are safer if you can change your account if you did it thru your bank. Let your Credit Card Company be aware of the scam.

What will happen is they will sell your Credit Card Number to other telemarketers and they will run that Credit Card dry. Then you will wonder where the other charges came from.

Make sure you file charges. You can do that with the Federal Trade Commission office online. They have a form online you can submit and also ic3.gov. They also have a form online. They work with the FBI. Their form is similiar to the FBI form. You can also file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office in whatever State you got the bogus product.

Ch
  19th of Feb, 2009
Natural-Acai-Berry - SENT PILLS I NEVER REQUESTED
ROBERTSVILLE
Missouri

I RECEIVED MY FREE SAMPLE BUT BEFORE I COULD TRY IT I RECEIVED ANOTHER BOTTLE IN THE MAIL CHARGING MY VISA $70.00. I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY PAPERWORK WITH EITHER BOTTLE ADVISING ME ANY THAT I NEEDED TO CANCEL BY CALLING. I CALLED TO COMPLAIN AND WAS TOLD WHEN I REQUESTED THE FREE SAMPLE I WAS TOLD HOW TO CANCEL. LIKE MANY PEOPLE I DID NOT REMEMBER HOW AND THAT WAS WHAT THE COMPANY WANTED TO HAPPEN. ANY RESPONSIBLE COMPANY WOULD HAVE ALSO SENT THAT INFO WITH THE SHIPMENT GIVING THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL. I HAVE NOW CANCELLED BUT IT COST ME $70.00 . THIS IS A SNEAKY BUSINESS COUNTING ON YOU TO FORGET AND THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU BEFORE CHARGING YOU FOR MORE.

Br
  14th of Jul, 2009

Sir, you obviously went thru the hassle of getting charges not knowing about the charges... Well the website does mention the charges the Terms & Conditions about the trial period & cancellation within 14 days... The company's website mentions it twice...