Natrascience / Ultra Acai Berry product SCAM

1 ProvoUT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 971 3352 & 877-628-7272

Do not buy from NatraScience!
Selling a product called Ultra Acai Berry which is manufactured in Alpharette, GA, this company is scamming people out of money by using an internet ad. They are offering people a FREE 15 day supply of this product but they in fact send you a 30 day supply and charge your Credit card $79.22. These charges they claim are authorized by you in the small print approval you check as you order the free trial. I called to cancel the order and there was no answer so I left a message with all the information they needed to cancel my account. This included an account number and an invoice number. This message they say was never recieved and my account was charged again 15 days later, $87.17. After 2 days of arguing with several people at this company I have recieved an email stating that they will in fact refund the $87.17 for the last order, if I return it to them in a specified time frame.
The original Free Trial charge of $79.22 will not be refunded.

There are 2 other companies with names very similar to NatraScience who are being vilafied because of NatraScience's shady bate and switch marketing. Please be sure and note the spelling and addresses of this company. The product is Developed by Natrascience, Inc., 11807 Northfall Lane, Suite 902, Alpharetta, GA 30004. [protected]. And is sold by NatraScience, 2122 South 950 East, Provo, UT 84606, [protected].

Pa

Comments

• Ju
      13th of Feb, 2009

Most of these Acai Berry sites that sell a "free trial, " of their product, do say that you have X amount of days to call and cancel from the date you gave them your card number. Whether you've recieved the product or not, by then, they WILL CHARGE YOU, since they do not show you called to cancel within the X amount of days. These sites/companies pretty much count on people NOT to read the "fine print." They hope you will just keep clicking submit, continue, and OK all the way to the end without reading much more, than those buttons. If you go to a site that says "FREE TRIAL, " and then a page or two later they're asking for a card number, checking acct number, and a routing number, DON'T TYPE A THING... THEY WILL MORE THAN LIKELY CHARGE YOU SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE. Read the fine print, print the fine print for your records BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM ANY FORM OF PAYMENT. If you cancel BEFORE the trial period ends, be sure to get a cancel confirmation number, take note of the date, and get the name of the person you spoke to, this will help your financial institution if they will try to dispute your charge. If the merchant has all of their terms posted out there and you the consumer are in too much of a rush to receive your "free trial" of the world's latest/greatest product and you DON'T READ THE FINE PRINT... YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED EVERY PENNY.

• Hm
      16th of Feb, 2009

Hello,

I did READ the FINE PRINT and received a RMA number and had the product, FucoSlim, returned by the due date. Because I sent it UPS I had the tracking information, and knew that it was returned and signed for at the front desk. It did not matter because I was still CHARGED! When I called about it and I was able to provide proof - the man at Natrascience, who was very rude, said, "oh someone must have forgotten to put into our system." I then received an email from Natrascience saying that the product was returned late, even though it was returned and signed for four days before the due date. So even if you read the fine print and terms and follow them, you still get screwed by this company. Now I was rudely told that there was nothing Natrascience could do, but issue me a refund for the 79.00 in 10 business days! This was an outrage since I did comply to their rules and still got screwed. Why should I have to Wait 10 business days. SO I SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED EVERY PENNY!!! FOR THEIR MISTAKE

• Th
      17th of Feb, 2009

It's true. They scammed me too! i filed a complaint with the BBB

• Na
      18th of Feb, 2009

We'll see about this. I have also bought from this company and been through several months supply. I just called the 800 number to cancel and was informed by the answering machine that the service center was closed. I left my name, invoice, e-mail address (i live overseas) and asked them to cancel the subscription. My phone records will show a call to this company with time and date. We'll see how long it takes them to reply. I will supplement this comment if I have the same results as everyone else and will also report them to the BBB. I have a friend who works investigations for the State of Georgia where the company is located who I will contact about this company.

• De
      19th of Feb, 2009

I just ordered the Acai Berry Free Trial, and noticed a charge for $79.22 from NatraScience. I obtained a phone # from their website 877-628-7272 (877-Natrascience), where the call center was indeed open. This does not mean I got anywhere with the rep. I advsd that I had been charged this amount by her company and had not ordered any product. I asked if the charge could have been piggy-backed off of the Acai Berry order. She confirmed this was the case, and that I had agreed to this shipment if I ordered the Acai trial. I defiantly told her that I did not agree to this and wanted my card credited, I would return any product I may receive. She said that their computers were being updated and she could not view my account to assist; asked me to callback later. I knew her story was a crock, but called back later yesterday and received no answer. I will be putting a fraud investigation on my credit (bank) card and will also post a complaint on BBB. The fraud investigation will close my current card, and they will be unable to charge me for additional shipments. Hopefully, my bank will also be able to credit for the current fraudulant charge of $79.22, during investigations into this scam artist company.

• Ka
      19th of Feb, 2009

I also ordered from Natra Science for the acai berry pill. It was taking awhile to receive the pills so I called them and they said something was wrong with my zip code that they just shipped them that day. I said that I no longer wanted the product and I will be sending it back. They told me it was fine as long as i mailed it back within the 2weeks. I was busy and mailed them back the 17th. But they charged me for it anyway. And I didn't even open the bottle! Not even the seal. So I called and the girl said she can't re enburse me but she can swap me for giving me some other product. I said I just want my money and asked to talk to her super, which was "busy". I am currently filing a complaint with the BBB!

20th of Feb, 2009

We also were scammed into trying the "free trial" bottle. There was NO fine print that said we were signing up for anything. Only said "do you agree to terms and conditions". We received a charge for $87.00 debit on our bank account. When I called and asked them they said we signed up for shipments and that they just shipped it to us. I told them we did not sign up for anymore shipments and she said "you agreed to the terms and conditions". I asked her where I would find the terms and conditions and she said they are only on the web site. This advertisement we read was a pop up on our computer and never sent us to any web site to read any terms and conditions. We were under the assumption that the terms and conditions were to pay the shipping and handling of $4.95. We were told we could not get our money back and that we could not return the product. When we received the bottle it was a whopping 60 pills. $87.00 for 60 pills for some kind of berry that doesn't even work. This is one HUGE scam. I hope that people read this and do not get berry screwed :) like we did. I hope that these people get arrested for their theft sooner or later!!!

• Lo
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Well, unfortunately, I too have fallen for this scam!! I can't believe I did, I'm usually pretty careful! I didn't see ANY terms and conditions and today I received another bottle of the supplement which they charged me $87.17 for. I did NOT request another bottle and have not even opened either bottle! My attempt to call their number left me with the "we are closed" message. Of course, I am going to try to get a hold of them tomorrow, but after reading everything you all wrote, I'm not crossing my fingers!!

Please tell me if any of you who posted above have received any sort of positive action at all, either a refund or heard something from anyone like the BBB!
    Thanks
    Lori

• Jj
      24th of Feb, 2009

I have been "berry" screwed too! I did not see any "terms or conditions" nor any fine print. I was able to speak to a yound lady who said "I'm sorry we cannot refund the fee, but I will cancel your account" She sent an email showing account has been closed..but we will see. I tried finding the website that I purchased the "FREE TRIAL" from..but unable to locate it. There is no such thing as "FREE", I thought I was being careful..but guess not.

2nd of Mar, 2009

I had a weak moment and I too ordered this "crazy" Acacia Berry stuff. After I hit the button on the computer...then I decided to read the "free trial" fine print. Lesson learned. I received the bottle in the mail, and even paid for it to be delivered in 2 days (didn't read the fine print on that either until it was too late-they tacked on an express delivery charge). I called Natrascience as soon as I received the bottle. It took awhile to get to a human. I left 2 messages - both times they said I got them after hours. So, I kept calling and stayed on hold for forever. I finally got a human being and she gave me a return authorization number. She informed me that I had to return the unused merchandise by March 10. I stated my concern that I was aware of their scam and that they would give me the run around about receiving it and charge my card again. She told me to go to the Post Office and have it sent where they have to sign for it. So, we'll see. I'm going to go do that tomorrow. I'll let you guys know the outcome and it better be that they no longer charge my card.

3rd of Mar, 2009

I too have ordered these berry pills. They do not work. I did not see any "terms and conditions" either. I did however, see the agreement for the $4.95 S/H and agreed to that. I recieved my cr/cd statement with the $79.22 on it yesterday(3/2/09). Tried to call them (Natrascience), from the phone # off the cr/cd statement and a recording asked for a code #. Then found a number on the ultra acai berry web site and called, , of coarse the office was closed. Tried to access the web site, it was down for repairs. So this AM I called the number for natrascience.The 1st time this AM they state the system is still down to call back when the office opens at 7am mtn time. that it's just 6:45...(This was at 10:45 in Texas). Mtn time is only an hour earlier then we are.So I called again and again I was told that the system is down, to call back later and that they could not look up my account at this time. I know getting "ugly" with these people, won't change a thing, , , , but I may have to.

• So
      5th of Mar, 2009

I've also been berry screwed! I have called their office and talk with several people..have been told account was closed...my information was given to other company (wellcare) and charged on my credit card as well. I was give a refund for the 79.22 charged to my credit card with a so called gift certificate..I just when in their website and its closed. This nightmare keeps getting worse..shipping charges were also doubled from 4.95 to 13.00 when calling the company the young man said it was a processing error and was refund the 9.00 on my credit card, but Natrascience will not give me the refund on the credit card. I will file a complaint with the BBB as well. By the way, there is no fine print telling you that you have to cancel in 15 days otherwise you will be charged $79.22.

• Pi
      6th of Mar, 2009

I myself was screwed, i had ordered it thinking it only cost $1.95 for shipping and was getting ready to close my bank account out when i notticed they charged me $79.22. not only that but my account was overdrawn $33.
    when i called them they said i should of read the fine print. I fought my way to getting back $39.50 thats all they would refund me. this company has some scam going.

• Wh
      7th of Mar, 2009

okay i understand yall have been screwed with money, but did the pill actually work? or is that a scam too?

• Ka
      8th of Mar, 2009

I was stupid too. Now when I call, it is always afer business hours or a message asking me to leave my name and # and someone will return my call within 24 - 48 hours. I have left several messages over the past two weeks and still have not heard from anyone. Does this company even exist except to scam us? The bogus supplement does not work - worthless.

• Pa
      8th of Mar, 2009

I was sammed also, and the Ultra Acai Berry has done nothing for my wieght loss. I will have to call th bank and get a new debit card to keep them from charging my account any further. The same thing happened to me on a free grant application site. No more free offers for me.

• Da
      9th of Mar, 2009

I just had the same results. TRIED to contact the company after 1 wk and had left several messages. After trying for two more weeks with the same results, I waiting on the line for 1 hr today and finally got through. After speaking to a very rude customer service rep say that she shows " no record of me every calling in their system" she will only be able to refund 40.00. I continued to argue that I have been calling and leaving messages with no luck.

She agreed to refund my money only after I paid to return the unused pills. That is bull because I had to pay for the original shipping to recieve the product.

Is there any action that I can take to stop this from happening to anybody else?

Thank
    " There is nothing for free"

• Pi
      13th of Mar, 2009

I posted a week ago about the berry stuff, and after posting i went and put a complaint in to the BBB and yes today i found out that they gave me my money back in full. So i highly recommend you going to the Better Business Beau and put a complaint in .

• Co
      13th of Mar, 2009

Who says this crap does anything for you anyway?
    "Oh, I read it in an ad"
    DAMN you people are pathetic

• Co
      17th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a 6 month supply in January, because it was cheaper. I used one & one-half bottles, & it made me gain weight instead of losing weight. I called them today, 3-17-2009, & was told that I could not get a refund, because my 15 trial days were up! In the policy agreement it said that you can return any unused bottles by April1, 2009. When I told them that, she told me I could get an in-store credit only for the four bottles if I returned them by the end of this week. I paid $151.95 for this order, so, after reading all of these comments, I got screwed too! Guess I will just keep the rest of them, as I don't wwant to pay S&H again when I already paid for it the first time. Mine were the ULTRA ACAI BERRY.