Natrascience / UltraAcaiBerry Trial Bottle Scam

1 GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-971-3352

I ordered off the internet a "Trial" Bottle of UltraAcaiBerry offered by Natrascience. They said the offer was for a 15-day free trial of this product and all we pay is shipping and handling. I was charged $4.95 for the shipping and handling. When I received the "supposed" FREE bottle, there was nothing with the bottle explaining any terms that I should be made aware of. On March 9, 2009, NatraScience charged my credit card $87.17 and when I called to inquire about this charge, they stated that it should've been clear that if I didn't call within 15 days, that I would be charged the full amount for the bottle. I told them that there was absolutely nothing in clear print stating that I needed to call them within 15 days in order to avoid any extra charges. I demanded a refund and told them that I would be more than happy to return the bottle if that is what they wanted...they hung up on me and I have been unable to get in touch with them again. I have e-mailed them and would venture to say that I will not hear back from my email either.

Co

Comments

• Ac
      11th of Mar, 2009

I also was ripped off by this company but I made the purchase on my debit card so the bank has refunded me the $87.17 while they investigate this charge so I am going to give them the info from the internet so they can also see that this is a fraud, I also received the first bottle with nothing with it and then got the charge on my bank statement, beware of this company as they use different names.

• Di
      12th of Mar, 2009

I, too was ripped off. We got the Visa bill today for only $79.22. I called the company and they said that since I had ordered the stuff and kept it beyond the 15 days, I had therefore agreed ot keep it and pay the full price. She said I had agreed to this blah, blah, blah. There were AUTOMATIC SHIPMENTS involved!
    She said she would stop those, but she couldn't [wouldn't] cancel the charge.

I called Visa, used the words "unauthorized charge", and read them all the complaints you all sent in.

THEY TOOK OFF THE CHARGE.

This is a great website.

Diane

• Je
      18th of Mar, 2009

wow.The same thing happened to me. I called and they told me I should have read the fine print and I would have known that the free, no risk trial costs $79 if I didnt call within 15 days of the order.
    Im filing a complaint

• Th
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I was aware of having to call them within 15 days of the order and called them today. I was told to return the unused pills to them and they would not automatically charge my account the $79+ from here on out. They gave me until April 6th for them to receive them so that I wouldn't be charged. Not only did I pay postage to receive the pills, I now have to pay postage to return the unused pills. The girl on the phone gave me a "return authorization number" which I have to put on the outside of the envelope. When I asked her how much it was going to cost me to return the pills, she said she didn't know and would have to check with her supervisor whom she'd asked before but the supervisor didn't know. I cannot understand why they send a "15 day free trial" but they send 60 pills. My calculations come to 30 pills (2 a day for 15 days). So, not only do we pay postage to receive the pills, we have to pay additional postage to return the unused ones. Obviously, this is another scam and rip-off. Besides that, I didn't see any health benefits to taking the pills. Theresa

• Ce
      1st of Apr, 2009

I to just got ripped off form the company and then I called and told them that I wad going to call the BBB and they told me I could get half a refund and would cancel my subscription that way I wouldn't be charged next month for it. I never seen any thing telling me that I had to call with in the 15 days. I was charge $ 5.00 for the shipping and was told that the bank is a fault. I strongly urge everyone to stay away from this company. The BBB gave them an F

• We
      8th of Apr, 2009

I also did the 15 day trial...which they also set you up for auto shipments. I did call and cancel after receiving 2 shipments. They told me I couldn't return the shipment that was past 15 days but they would discount that order and credit me $67.00 and if I returned the most recent bottle I would receive a credit for $79.00. I hope that they hold up to what I was told. Wendy

• Ne
      13th of Apr, 2009

All I did was go to Natrascience.com and sent them an e-mail in the "contact us" section, and later that night i got two e-mails saying they cancelled my account and refunded my card. Try it out!

Phone: toll free 1-800-971-3352
    Email: support@natrascience.com

• Mi
      8th of May, 2009

I was also in the same situation with this company. I was also billed for a 2nd shipment that I never got. After fussing for 30 min. and telling them that I was calling the BBB, they finally agreed to a full refund. I told them that I had pulled up this complaint site and told them of the many letters sent about them. I then called my bank to cancel the charges. The bank called them and made sure that all the charges would be credited back to me. Stand your ground. Don't let them bully you.

• Wi
      16th of May, 2009

I ordered a free trial bottle of acaiberry, pay only 4-95 shipping and handling. Nothing was shown about automatic contiuation of shipping. I have received 3 bottles in one month. I haven't received a statement yet from my credit card, but expect it as many have written in that this company is a scam.

2nd of Aug, 2009

I had the same sort of thing happen, but prior to ordering I went to my credit card company and issued a 'temporary number' with only a $5 limit. I often do this when ordering online, to thwart getting scammed. I received my 15 day trial, but after a couple weeks started getting emails that they need to reach be because my card is being denied. I didn't order anything else from these guys, so they have no case.