Nationwide Van Lines / Fraudulent business practices
They gave us an estimate on the phone, according to an exact list of items we intended to move. They refused to do a walk through and confirm the quote but said they had a set system to do their pricing. Of course, when the driver finally arrived, the price to move the very same items was 50% more.
I also want to mention, we were on a very tight schedule, and the mover arrived 8 hours late on the first day. He then said he didn't have time to do the job and would come back. The office apologized and confirmed he'd come back 8am the next day. On the second day, a new guy was sent, also arriving late, this time by 6 hours. He got to work but couldn't finish the job, so it turned into a 2 day process. They finally completed everything but they were 72 hours late in total.
We also prepaid for a platinum packaging service which was to include all items including furniture. This was important as we had some special pieces to protect. The team leader told us that he would use pads on the furniture until the shipment got to our destination. At that point he'd remove the covers and packaging it with bubble wrap and cardboard. However, upon arrival he refused to wrap the furniture as promised, lied to the recipient and said we waived our request to wrap the items, and when the recipient insisted on some protection for the items, he demanded $25 per padded cover.
The office was testy and recalcitrant when we contacted them. Very unhelpful. Had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Be very careful when dealing with this company. Avoid if possible.
More Nationwide Van Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Nationwide Van Lines - Complete fraud 
- Nationwide Van Lines - Bad moving company 
- Nationwide Van Lines - Ripped off! Our stuff held hostage
- Nationwide Van Lines - Broken items, unhelpful staff
- Nationwide Van Lines - Movers Were Awful 
- Nationwide Van Lines - Moving Service Received 
- Nationwide Van Lines - Worst moving experience
- Nationwide Van Lines, LLC - If you want your stuff lost/ damaged, awful service & sexual harassment, Nationwide Van Lines, LLC is the company for you!
- Nationwide Van Lines - Their Guaranteed delivery date is false advertising 
- Nationwide Van Lines - Unprofessional Movers