Nationwide Reader Service / Taking money from bank account

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I noticed I had about $68 taken from my account, which sent me into the negative numbers. As an unemployed high school graduate trying to get into college, it really is hurting my credit report that this company has taken money from me, has hung up on me twice when I called to talk about the order, then tell me I cannot cancel my subscription with the magazines because I must "honor" the commitment (however, I was able to cancel 2 subscriptions, the other 2 magazines I cannot even find as being legitimate!)

Jp

Comments

• Th
      7th of Apr, 2011

I myself just recently worked with NRS which indeed is IMA out of Virginia beach... now when I first moved I took this job not knowing it was a scam until later. My first day they train you for 2 hours then throw you upstairs to the call center.. you get on a computer read a script. Funny thing about it is every response a customer gives us to reject we have a line for. The place its self is trashy. First day of training our trainer was cursing and playing around with us. That was another red flag. It took one time of me calling a customer and him telling me that he had been scamed by this company did I find myself wanting to research this crap, sure enough I come across this! I truly apologize to ANYONE I have sold this bs too! I quit the job because this goes against everything I beleive in. On top of that when we have team meetings the last thing they say is let's hussle these people into buying magazines. The way I feel is if anybody who is reading this and fell victim to it let me know all the info you want to know about this company I will most definitive give it to you ... I believe in working hard for your money and you shouldn't have to be a victim to these [censor] [censor] people who drive these nice cars to work because they scamed you out of your hard earned money!

• Br
      8th of Apr, 2011

I recently worked there too. I see bunch of drugs being used at the call center by all the supervisors. They have nice cars and do drugs in the parking lots. That place is a horible, very high turn-over rate. PLEASE SHUT DOWN IMA!! Lets get that telemarketing SCAM center out of Virginia Beach.