Nationwide Pools / Cancelation of Contract

1 1923 NW 40th CourtPompano Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-227-7665

I as well as many others are looking for help with a specific local pool contractor. Many have gone into contract with this company and have either been forced into building or mislead in some way. My story is as follows:

We signed a contract with Nationwide Pools, Inc. on 8/4/07 with the stipulation my money would be refunded and contract cancelled if fence easement issue could not be resolved with the city. The contractor never contacted the city in attempt to resolve this issue, until we told him that the city would not issue a permit. The contractor insisted on moving forward with the contract and accepting my deposit knowing full well that there were possible permitting/fencing issues. Contractor never filed for a permit. We contacted never filed for a permit. We contacted the city, spoke with Don Gentile, Community Development Manager of the City of Coconut Creek, and among others after almost three months had past. Don Gentile stated that the city would not issue permits due to city and county lake maintenance easement requirements, which we have a letter from the City of Coconut Creek on 10/31/07 stating such. We tried to cancel the contract verbally by phone but were requested to meet in person. We requested an appointment to cancel contract by email. Upon appointment meeting in person, we were refused to cancel the contract and forced to leave his office, knowing full well that my husband is a Broward county Sheriff Deputy and would not be able to dispute the contractors’ actions in fear of repercussion of misuse of authority. At which time the contractor stated that he had no knowledge of contract cancellation, although specifically stated in the email request of appointment. We then requested refund and cancellation by fax, email and certified letter. No answer was received. We filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, in return he issued a response refusing refund and instead requested an additional $650 for consulting fees. When, in fact, we never had an agreement to pay him as a consultant. To date he has not provided us with any goods or services that warrants him to receive payment of any type. To date he has not pulled or attempted to pull a permit or conducted any work. Our deposit was in the amount of $3, 925.00. We have tried numerous times to resolve this issue via email, in person, Better Business Bureau, and an attorney. We had an attorney pro bono for a little time that requested refund or some type of settlement agreement but with no avail. As a matter of fact, all we received were empty promises. The contractors’ response to our attorney was an empty certified envelope, which can be verified by a US Post Office employee. At which time the office was informed of the empty envelope, they said they would resend but to date we have not seen anything. We have once again recently tried to resolve this issue with Keith Stuart, owner of Nationwide Pools. We were only given empty promises and threatened. Please help as we are in complete confusion as to what to do.

Sincerely,

Jill Palmieri Gardner
6430 NW 41st Terr
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
[protected]

Ti

Comments

• Ti
      12th of May, 2009

To Whom It May Concern,

In response to my contract issues with Nationwide Pools Inc., regarding some related problems to the Building Departments easements & setbacks, I would like to express my gratitude that all issues have been resolved. Although this contract is almost two years old Keith (President of nationwide Pools Inc.) was still willing to amicably resolve the issues. The contract has been closed and all costs have been covered. Although we had a few obstacles, Keith was still willing to honor the 2 year ago pricing & complete the proposed project, if we were to move forward with Nationwide pools Inc. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to do so but do appreciate his offer.

Sincerely,
    Mike & Jill Gardner

• To
      25th of May, 2010

To All Prospective Swimming Pool Clients;

We are pleased to see that the Gardner's issues were addressed & they posted the prior statement. Soon after we placed our order for a pool with Nationwide Pools Inc, we read several comments & heard other pool co's make disperaging statements about Nationwide Pools Inc. We were extreemly nervous.

We canceled within 3 days & received a full refund. Keith Stuart then phoned me to request a meeting.We then told him that we are going to slow it down regarding the pool purchase but that we would contact him after we have done additional research.

Our Rep. from Nationwide Pools Inc. offered several refferals & after contacting their real customers we decided to visit their jobsites. By now we are 3 months into this research. We then decided to pull the trigger again with Nationwide Pools Inc.

The pool was completed within 2 months, the entire process, staff, & quality of the project was far above our expectations. We were also able to uncover several people posing to be clients of Nationwide Pools, which were only trying to disparage Nationwide Pools Inc. in an effort to cost them business.

Do yourself a favor, if you are looking for a GREAT POOL & a quality company, we sugest at the very least, check out Nationwide Pools Inc.

Regards,
    Henry & Melissa Tompkins
    Extreemly Happy Clients

• Ya
      2nd of Jul, 2012

i am not happy whith this company ...this is my story with this company ...I'm not lying now my pool is still under construction, I'm just so frustrated i dont want other people make my mistake.. what a day in my mind and my children think would be the dream of many families has become a nightmare. on 02/07/2012 sign a contract with these people with Santiago Serna, who was the person who came to my house, from that day all the lies begin, first of all they promised me that my pool would be Constructed in three months that is a big lie today is 07/02/2012.when I realized it was not a good company and they said call the owner two months lattter being I wanted my deposit
    .he said he had spent more money than I had given him, I gave 20% of the value of the pool, in my house had never worked so far. finally after many arguments for the first time 04/19/2012 they stared work in my backyard . for each job takes weeks, when the inspectors come the works are not completed. have a very bad customer service. workers have not returned to my home in 20 days, call the office and I promise that the next day and so I've been waiting 20 days. today 07/02/2012 an inspector came to my house and it have not even done the work that the inspector came to inspect. my big problem is that I have given more than 80% of the pool. respect the opinion of the previous reviews but for me are people who do not speak the truth and very informal.