Nationwide Optical / Health insurance fraud

I have vision services with my health insurance program and went to Nationwide, which is on my vision services list. I knew it would cost me the $10.00 co payment for the exam and after the exam I was lead to pick out my frames.

When I was finished, the saleswoman told me it would cost approximately $400.00 and change and my individual cost would be $159.00.

The following Monday, I received a phone call from Nationwide, unfortunately, I didn't get her name, but she said my glasses were ready. I told her I would be in on Wednesday of the same week. She said ok.

On Wednesday, I rode my wheelchair to Nationwide and told them I was there to pick up my glasses and told them about the phone call. No-one admitted they made that phone call and my glasses weren't even sent into my insurance company until I paid the full amount.

I was furious and told them to forget it, got my prescription, which I paid for and left. As soon as I got home, I called my insurance company and was told that my frames and lenses should have been free to me. I told them about Nationwide and they gave me another place to go.

N  25th of Jun, 2016 by
Nationwide Vision
Poor Customer Service and over all service.
Had just had cataract surgery on both eyes in Apr 2016, after a cpl weeks wait i was told o.k. to get my bi-focal glasses as my vision was now so much better and could see distance fine so could not wear my old prescription or should not have worn them at all. When i went to Nationwide in Prescott, AZ i went to the reception desk where two women were sitting, they asked how they could help, told them came to get new script and handed them my lens strength, they looked me up as this was the third pair of glasses obtained from this Co. i was treated rudely by one of the women at the desk who stated i could not get new glasses for two more months, i told them that i just had surgery on eyes and was told by my Insurance i could get them right away as my lens had changed, i then asked which frames i could obtain and instead of showing me where they were the one woman said over there, in the mean time they said they i needed some kind of code from the surgeon for my eyes which i asked if they could please call the Dr. and have them fax it over, the one woman says no we do not do that so i said i would call which i did, after hanging up one of the women called the Dr. and asked them to do the same thing i had already done. There was one customer that came in during the 1hr. it took me to finish the transaction of telling the Mgr. the tint i wanted plus the $20.00 pd. for the tint. I waited 3 weeks for the glasses to come back when they did they were not the right tint and were only tinted on the top, so i asked the Mgr. to send them back and put a darker tint on the entire lens, they were sent back, took another two to three wks. to come back, this time they were lite smoke color on top and lite rose color on the bottom, this was unacceptable so again refused this and took the orig. glasses to another optician who did the correct tint in two days a little dark but o.k. much better then Nationwide. In the mean time i contacted Nationwide Corp office and told a Corp Mgr. the experience i had in Prescott and she addressed the issue immediately. They gave me a new pair with a bit darker on top portion of lens not the bottom, just picked them up today on Jun 25, this is the same experience i have had with this company in the past 4 years with the tint, i would not go to them again nor do i recommend them, not worth the stress. I was refunded the tint amount i paid however the first refund was not for the amount i paid so i was told by the Mgr. that i did not pay that amount i looked up the amount paid on my banking report and there it was, so i was called a liar, treated rudely, and when asked the Mgr. how i could have been refunded the wrong amount he said"stuff happens.
I was afraid that due to the fact did not have the correct script lens in my old glasses it would cause my eyes to depend on them i could not see out of them hardly at all, it took a month for this issue to be cleared up, hopefully my eyes will be o.k. when i go to Surgeon in Oct.
Had an experience with their optometrist 4 yrs. ago as she was also very rude.