Nationwide Home Warranty / Online scam

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

This company is a total scam. Run from this company. The told me my charge would be $250 but charged my credit card $400. They denied every claim because first they said I needed to show I maintained the appliance. When I showed them the records, they told me they don't cover appliances that had repairs previously. People there are VERY rude and no one tells you anything. I never received a bill, a contract, nothing. They took my money and they are a scam. I filed charges with the state attorney. It is very easy to do and I suggest you do the same. Perhaps we can get a class action going.

Jp

Comments

• Na
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I agree, RUN as fast as you can from this fraudulent "company"! This is a REAL scamming operation they are running here and I will NOT let this go unnoticed to anyone and everyone I talk or deal with! They do NOT make good on legitimate claims and you are given this double-talk from the "customer servers" (and that is only if you get one that speaks even a little bit of broken English!), and they hang up on you while you are trying to talk to the poor excuse for "customer servers!"

They take YOUR money and then when you need them they MAKE SURE you do not get approved for something you are totally covered on. I think all of us people who have been ripped-off from this "company" need to look into doing a Class Action lawsuit ASAP and notify the BBB. We cannot let them get away with this scamming ANY longer!!

• Cl
      12th of Nov, 2008

I am in total agreement. I am in the process of filing complaints through the New York Insurance Department, the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's office. Perhaps that will get their attention.

2nd of Jan, 2009

Nationwide Home Warranty based in NY. DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY OR YOU JUST AS WELL THROW YOUR MONEY IN THE GARBAGE.

• Su
      14th of Aug, 2009

Yes I am totally agreed with these comments. I bought a policy in the March 2009 and cancelled within 3 days time frame. NO refund and even NO service. Customer service do not pickup phone or if pickup they do not e want to talk in detail to your satisfaction. TOTALLY RIP OFF

Surendra Gupta, NJ