Nationwide Home Warranty / Cheating

Nationwide Home Warranty
PO BOX 341
New York
Phone: 8885002110
I enrolled Nationwide Home Warranty on January 7, 2009. The sale person told me that I could cancel my contract within 30 days without penalty. However, I found that many people complained their service after I searched internet. I immediately made a call to cancel my enrollment. One customer service representative told me that it took 5-7 business days for the cancellation. I made a call again on January 14. This time one customer service representative told me they needed a written notice and asked me to send an email to info@nationwidehomewarranty.com. I sent three emails on January 14, 20 and 22. I also sent a fax on 1/20/2009. A few days later, I called Nationwide Home Warranty again and was told that they never received my emails and just received my fax and would need a few days to process the cancellation. I did wait until January 28. This time I talked with a supervisor, Michael Peterson, of billing department. He told me I never cancelled my service contract. I need to fax him a written notice and emphasized I was aware that $15 cancellation fee would be charged to me. I told him that the salesperson told me that there was no penalty within 30 days. He said if I did not followed his order, I could not get my money back. I had no other choice but followed his word and sent hom a fax on 1/28/2009. No refund received. I called again on 2/4/2009. Michael Peterson told me that it was $50 not $15 would be charged to me in I cancelled my contract. I am required to send another fax and was told that I could get refund in 3-5 days. I faxed him again on 2/4/2009. No any refund. I called on 2/9/2009, spoke to Chris T, the assistant of Michael Peterson. He said he immediately refund me and I would see the refund next morning. I have not seen the refund next day and waited until 2/11/09. I called again and spoke to Mr. Peterson and he told me I should receive my refund at the end of the week. Of course nothing happened as expected. I had to call again on Monday 2/16/09. I spoke to Chris T. He told me that I would received on Tuesday. I told him that he said a week ago that I would receive my refund but did not receive and how I knew this time I would receive. He said the would send me a confirm email, which he did. Eventually I received $339.99-50=$289.99.Better than nothing. I filled complaints to BBB and Attorney Generals of Maryland and New York.

N  25th of Mar, 2010 by
Nationwide home warranty is a joke. I am a electrical contractor in Texas. I contracted
my company with nationwide because I thought it was a good company. Boy was I wrong!
I found out real fast that if you were not a cheat and crook you would not do well with
this company. I put my company's name on the line every time I do work. Nationwide
would not cover anything, even what was supposed to be covered. I guess I made them mad stating my displeasure with their business practices because now they will not pay me.
I really feel bad for all of the customers of this company.