Nationwide Home relief AKA First Legal Group, P.AFRAUD

J Review updated:

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum initiated an agency-wide Mortgage Fraud Task Force to address the issues of mortgage and foreclosure rescue fraud against Nationwide Home relief AKA First Legal Group, P.A

You should call the Florida Attorney General’s fraud hotline at 1-866-9-NO-SCAM or file a complaint online at myfloridalegal.com. The complaint will be reviewed by the Attorney General’s Mortgage Fraud Task Force to be included in the pending case against them to get your money back and damages .

• G
      Aug 25, 2009

I totally agree. Nationwide Home Relief charged us an upfront fee of $2, 500 and gave us assurance that they will have our mortgage modified in 3 to 5 months. After spending the last of our savings in paying the fee, for almost a year they kept feeding us false hopes. When I came home from work today, I saw a man taking pictures of our house. When I confronted the man, he said he was a home inspector for Indymac, our lender. When I called First Legal Group aka Nationwide Home Relief, they informed me that the modification request they submitted to Indymac on our behalf was denied and that they cannot do anything else more about it. When I asked for the reason why, I was just told that it was Indymac's decision. Getting updates about our cases was really hard and they would not provide any sort of documentation of their dealings with Indymac. THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME TOOK A DRAMATIC TURN FROM BEING SUPPORTIVE AND UNDERSTANDING TO OUTRIGHT RUDE. Please help us save our ONLY home and to serve justice to companies who prey on the weak like FIRST LEGAL GROUP aka NATIONWIDE HOME RELIEF.

• B
      Sep 01, 2009

Pretty bad, similar story, here. Same bank, same company, same fees. Try calling them now! I think their phones are disconnected.

• S
      Sep 03, 2009

We went to Nationwide Home Relief in Atlanta Ga. on june the 15th.WE did all the paper work and they charged us $2, 400.00, they told us it wold take a while and not make any payments on the house.We got foreclosures paper on the house.We faxed them to them and don't worry about it they would take care of it.Well now our mortgage company went under and they said they could not help us now, We would get a call about our money, and we have yet to hear from any one..Taylor, Bean and Whitaker the mortgage company has went under so we don't know who has our mortgage now, We have called and can't get any one to call us back...I am scared to death that we are going to lose our home, we don't know where to turn...We don't have money to catch up all the past due payment...I would hate to know we are going to be homeless.WE really do need help here...

Thanks

• I
      Sep 07, 2009

I have the same situation with Nationwide Home Relief Law Group P.A.. I paid them
    $1, 200.00 in August 21, 2009 initially. On August 21 they put through another
    $775.00 which was paid by my bank. They were supposed to put through another
    $775.00 as a final payment on Sept 21, 2009.

When I called to find out the status of my loan modification, I found out that they had closed their operations. I then rushed to the bank and cancelled by checking account so they would not be able to get the last monies.

I probably will loose my house because Nation Wide did nothing with my lender.

I really need help or I will lose my house.

Irma Gonzalez
    [protected]

• C
      Sep 09, 2009

SAME SITUATION... I JUST FOUND OUT ALL THIS, AND I JUST FILED MY COMPLAINT AT MYFLORIDALEGAL.COM.. HOPEFULLY WE ALL WILL BE ABLE TO GET OUR MONEY BACK AND NOT LOOSE OUR HOMES.. THIS SITUATION IS MAKING MY LIFE MISSERABLE... I HAD ALL MY HOPES UP FOR A LOAN MODIFICATION AND THEN I COME TO FIND OUT I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF A SCAM AS WE ALL HAVE..
    PLEASE EVERYBODY FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS, MAYBE THAT WAY WE CAN RESOLVE THIS.
    CAROLINA C

Sep 14, 2009

We did the samething as Susan McClain did. We went to the office in Atlanta and my husband met with someone there and signed all the paper work as well as give them post dated checks for $2, 500! Then they said it would take time. They are so overwhelmed. Everytime we called it sounded as if they were all reading from the same card...then they never told us any details. They changed their name from Nationwide to First Legal Group...and when our Mortgage company shut down (Taylor Bean & Whitaker) they called to tell us they wanted to refund our money b/c it wasn't fair they couldn't do anything till we found out who our new company would be. A few weeks later they gave us a call and said if we wanted to continue then they would hand our case over to Atlantic Legal Group...and I asked if it had anything to do with Nationwide and the guy said no. So, I did my research and its the same people. They just changed phone numbers and locations around. It's crazy. So here we are behind on our mortgage because they told us no need to pay and as it looks they are not going to do anything for us. I can't believe it. I will def. file a complaint. Someone please contact me about this if you have any info.

• P
      Sep 30, 2009

Hi..We live in Maine..this is happening to us right now..we were told that Nationwide would help us..then we were put from one place to the other...then told it was changed to Atlantic Group...now are told they need more pay check stubs etc...so its been months and we are basically screwed...I hope now we can go right the the lender and they will help us out...or we will lose our home...I am so angry and do not know where to turn...

Sep 30, 2009

I know that nationwide was a scam, but that is why the new law firm is in place. anyone with atlantic is safe.

• N
      Oct 07, 2009

How do you figure atlantic is safe? Are you a employee?

Oct 14, 2009

Yes this company is a SCAM! They will take your money and tell lies. I have been waiting for over 11 months with no results and I can't even get a return call from this ### company! I am so furious!!! They hired uneducated just out of grade school to handle your case! I hope these wanna be lawyers get prosecuted and go to jail for life! I heard one of the attorney that is also an idiot that quit because he knew that he will get in trouble!!!and there is a another guy that claim he's attorney by the name of Kent Gross! I will be contacting the bar to file a compliant and everyone else should too!!! The guy is a [censored]en FRAUD!!!

Oct 14, 2009

Forgot to mention, the original owner was not even an attorney so they hired another guy to open up another shop by the name of William Riddings. He's the new guy that use his name to open up the new branches! They are such a scam where they were trying to open a NON profit organization so they can get away with stealing people money!!! This company is worst then Maddoff!!!

Oct 15, 2009

I am a former employee. They are getting worse and worse though. I have been screwed so many times. If you have been screwed and need help, leave me your email and I will contact you. I am trying to help as many people as I can that have been screwed by that company because I know it's not right. Please contact me and I will help you.

Feb 01, 2010

I am a recent client with Nationwide Home Relief, I recieved one final phone call about 3 weeks ago telling me that they were still working on my case and progress was being made. When I attempted to call back with my information I could not get in touch with anyone, I sent emails, left messages and I did not get a call back. I have paid 2, 500 dollars and my home is still in foreclosure. These people have completed taken advantage and I feel helpless.

•   Feb 06, 2010

For people that need help and got theirselves into jams w/ company's that took money upfront w/o helping them with a solution for their home, please check out this company, JK-Liberators Delinquent Mortgage & Debt Relief Program, www.jkliberators.org . They really helped me out when i was in a terrible jam AND i had little faith in them b/c i've been in 4 different loan mod programs, including Nationwide, and was ripped the hell off. BUT i prayed about it and decided to give it another try and i received really great results and i'm finally happy with the results. I highly recommend this company to anybody.

So far I've recommended this company to a couple of my neighbors and they are happy too. I know that working w/ another company my be hard, especially for me, just pray and put a little more trust in this people. U can call these people and get to speak w/ somebody(a REAL person) almost all the time, and receive and update. most of the time u would get a call before u can call them. there are really good on communication. so yes that is a plus.

If you would like to try them, the website is www.jkliberators.org and remember **NO UPFROUNT FEES!!!**

Feb 10, 2010

I agree with everybody that think that Nationwide Home relief AKA First Legal Group, P.A and the Atalntic Legal Group are a SCAM.
    I cant get any calls returned from Atlantic Legal Group. As they were suppose to be handling my case. I am owed a Refund as they had dropped me for not qualifing for the home loan mod. They advised that I was doe a 908.00 Refund back in August, I still have not receoved my refund. I have called and requested it. I am getting ready to draft a letter to Mr Gross in the Bointon Beach FL office. WHO was part of First Legal Group, P.A and now is part of the Atlantic Legal Group in Boynton Beach.
    I will be filling a complaint and also will be placing number for all the offices of Atlantic Legal Group.

Nationwide Home relief AKA First Legal Group, P.A and the Atalntic Legal Group are one in the same and I have an email to prove this from a previous employee from the St Pete office.

I will be back with more information.

• J
      Sep 08, 2010

They are now calling themselves ATLANTIC LEGAL GROUP - Same owners WILLIAM RIDINGS & KENT GROSS although they claim they are not just check it out on SUNBIZ.org Nationwide Home Relief closed and reopened under First Legal Group and now they are ATLANTIC GROUP! I would think that the AG could stop them from pulling the same scan over and over!!!

Feb 09, 2011

I have been working with Atlantic Legal Group since December 2009. I paid them to stop my foreclosure, which they were unable to do. I paid them to get a modification, which they were unable to do. My next last resort to save my home was Chapter 13. They graciously credited all fees I had already paid, toward the cost of Bankruptcy filing. Not only did they save my homes, they went the last mile for me, creatively using the law in my favor, to achieve my desired end result. Mr. William Ridings is not intimidated by any court, any lawyer, or any bank representative. If I ever encounter another legal mess, like I've been dealing with while fighting foreclosure, I will be sure to have Mr. Ridings and Mr. Kent Gross in my corner. My advice to anyone out there fighting a bad bank? Know your own case, educate yourself on the laws related to your situation, and closely watch your own process. This is YOUR home, YOUR life -- no one is ever going to fight for it any harder than YOU. Educated clients are an attorney's best defense. Don't sit back and expect someone else to solve your problems for you, engage and fight, and know that you are paying your attorney for his or her legal knowledge and experience, as well as representation in court -- nothing more. They are not miracle workers, they can only work with the tools you provide. An educated client and an aggressive, knowledgeable attorney, are key ingredients to a winning team.

May 21, 2011

KENT GROSS AND MEGAN SUNN SCREWED ME TOO! Megan Sunn literally let the sale date go through and did nothing. If I could find out where they lived, my husband would have to arrest me because I would try to kill those lying ###. Kent did nothing for months, then handed it over to megan, she only posted dated the sale date. Then street hood called me up, and instead of calling me back, he told Megan we did not want to file bankruptcy. So Megan let the sale date go through because she said she did not think we wanted the house anymore because when she called, we did not have anymore money to give to the bank.
    ROb Zeibart from Ocala, a broker for Taylor Bean and Whitaker help screw us by hooking us up with Nationwide

May 21, 2011

HAPPY IN HALLADALE You are a liar and its freat they worked for you but they screwed us and Ithe mortgage company attorney did more for us than Nationwide. You are probably one of them tring to save face. I hope you all rot in hell. I didnt sit back, they misinformed me, lied to me, them made the decision to let the sale date go through because another attorney at that company lied to my case worker. When I brought up that he lied the dumb jerk told me that was the past and if we wanted our REO money to move I needed to get past it. They told me NO REFUND as they deemd my case a a sucessful outcome. I hope you loose your home and rot in hell with them, Yeah Heather Tedrick is my name look me up and tell Kent and Megan That I am gonna never give up until they pay for what they did to me and my family. I didnt deserve this! I was disabled because of post cancer complicaytions, I had been a paramedic and helped people. I hate stupid people like you and them, I wish you all will get cancer and rot in front of your children, tell mehow to explain to an autistic child he is losing his home. I HATE YOU ALL AND YOU NEED TO BE PUNISHED

• K
      May 26, 2012

Well I am certainly glad I read all of these complaints before sending in my check and information. I just talked to a group called Nationwide Legal Group. They are based in California and it seems to be the same exact setup. I am sorry everyone was taken advantage of by such people. Thank you all for posting your information it has prevented me from sending out my paperwork. I am afraid they have too much personal information like my social and my husbands. I also have a disabled husband and an Autistic child and they know this so they must have absolutely no conscience of any kind. THANKS!!!

Kim Roman

• L
      Jan 01, 2013

Kim
    I have been contacted by Nationwide Legal Group about getting my payments reduced and I cannot find out anything about this company. Their address is in Tustin CA but doing a map quest search, it looks to be a P O box. Searching the company name comes up blank. After reading your post, there is no way I would send out my info to these people. My contact name is Wayne Chancey [protected] ext 722

Mike Bunyan