Nationwide Financing / Steals your Money - Misrepresents themselves as the Insurance Giant Nationwide

Canoga Park, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-444-7348

IF YOU OPERATE IN THE INSURANCE & MORTGAGE BUSINESS, YOU MAY RECEIVE A CALL SOMEDAY FROM SOMEONE (MY FRAUD REP WAS KURT O'BRIEN DOUGLAS) AND THEY POSE AS IF THEY ARE RELATED TO NATIONWIDE THE INSURANCE GIANT. THEY ARE NOT. THEY INDICATED THAT THEY HAVE BORROWERS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN LIFE PROTECTION IN ORDER TO CLOSE ON A LOAN... UNTRUE. THEY THEN SAY THAT IF YOU CAN HANDLE 5-10 CLIENT PER DAY THEY WILL START YOU AT A NOMINAL FEE OF $6.70 PER LEAD. SEEMS REASONABLE.

ONLY PROBLEM, IS NO LEADS, NOT AFFILIATED W/NATIONWIDE AND NO REFUNDS, ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD, YOU'RE SCREWED. DON'T BECOME A VICTIM. THEY OPERATE FROM A MAILBOX STORE, SO YOU CAN'T FIND THEM IF YOU WANTED TO TALK TO THEM PHYSICALLY, BUT I WILL BE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SHOW UP AT THIER BOX WHEN THEY LEAST EXPECT IT, WILL FOLLOW THEM TO THEIR HIDE-AWAY LOCATION AND CALL THE POLICE SOON ENOUGH.
Ro

Comments

Se
  5th of Nov, 2008
thank you for the warning...was on the phone with this Kurt Obrien and was considering doing this when scrolling in google, I saw your warning. I hope these guys get beaten to a pulp when someone catches up with them.
Mi
  19th of Nov, 2008
Thanks a lot for the warning... I also got a efax from this Nationalwide Financing and your blog was all I need to asure myself of the cheap scammers they are.
I am also leaving my feedback here hoping to help others too!
THANKS again for the warning.
Le
  25th of Nov, 2008
Real estate agents (like me) should also beware.

I called after I got the fax today. I was told that NF has 13 clients in my zip code who have been prequaled for loan amounts from $462k to $675k (exact FNMA limits). They just need an agent to help them find a house. I asked where NF brokers their loans since recently I have had highly qualified buyers denied and would be thrilled find a new lender that could actually fund a solid buyer. He started to say that they only pre-qualify people (huh) so I asked him who does his processing and who does his appraisal in my county. He said, "I think I need to stop talking to you now" and then he hung up.
Sc
  4th of Dec, 2008
I am a Realtor in Colorado and just got an e-fax that said they had 3 pre-approved leads for me and that just needed a Realtor to help them. The cost was $45 per lead plus a 10% referal fee. I was promised a credit report, 1003 and pre-approval letter on each lead. When asked about RESPA my rep, "Arman" said he was a licened agent in CA and therefore allowed to receive the fee. They faxed me a contract asking for checking account info and $315 for 7 leads. When I asked why I could not use a credit card "for fraud protection " I was told they just did not take them...

Now I know why...

Scott Hunt
Ac
  16th of Dec, 2008
I was wooed by a woman named Jennifer. Everything sounded great! So I signed up and quickly found out that I had been screwed! I paid for 100 "leads" up front at $6.70 per lead. In about 2 weeks the leads finally stopped so I thought I had finally got rid of them. Only that within a few weeks I was charged again $670! I immediately sent out a few e-mails and got on the phone. It was a nightmare getting someone on the line. No one was ever there. No one ever returned phone calls. Finally I get on the line with someone and they told me that I had to give at least a week notice that I wished to cancel and since I didn't I was out of luck.

I sent an e-mail to a few fellow agents and it turns out that another agent in my area was screwed too. He was taken for $1, 500 and I was taken for $1, 340. These guys should really be put in jail for the crazy frauds they've got going on.

My agent buddy and I are going to file a small claims suit against these guys. Any advice? Anyone know of anyone else that was screwed by these jerks and want to join in with us? There is power in numbers.
Sh
  12th of Mar, 2009
I rec'd a call from Kurt Obrien last week, they are now posing as 1st century mortgage, or first century mortgage. Tried getting my checking acct and routine numbers to "veryify" my account.

Offered me "pre-approved" leads saying they had a new mortgage loan program that supposedly offers a better interest rate to borrowers that purchase life insurance to protect the mortgage naming first century as the bene.. my initial suspicion arose when I inquired about if the policies needed to be assigned, he said no... didnt add up. But I continued just in case perhaps he was new in this type of deal, said his leads were warm and would be expecting my call, his company was offering links on Yahoo's search engines, leads are $16 a piece and needed to be prepaid, he wanted to sell me $4000 worth, agreed to $800 but didnt send any money until he sent me a couple leads to try first. The leads never came and wouldnt return my calls.

He didnt get any money out of me, i hung onto my check and my personal info until I saw some results. The leads never came, his email address kept bouncing back to me in error, and now his direct extension on his 866-550-1197 number now longer works.

He has an assistant named Andrea, here is her info:

From: assist@insuranceapps.net [mailto:assist@insuranceapps.net]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 6:01 PM

Subject: Yahoo Local Listing Form

Please complete the form and return by fax or email. You may attach a picture or company logo to add to your advertisement. This is a free offer by 1st Century Mortgage to help generate business. If you get clients that are looking for loan modification or refinance refer them to us and we will make sure we get all the clients within your area to you for the insurance.

Andrea
866-550-1197 ext 3311
866-910-4559 Fax

I've turned them into the National Associate of Insurance and Financial Advisors (Im a long time contribuator and national member)to send out a national email warning agents of this scam and I have also contacted a contact I have at Life Insurance Selling magazine to publish a warning against this type of fraud.
Ke
  9th of Jul, 2009
i used to work for this company i left for the same reasons you are writing these complaints the good news is they were raided by the feds 2 weeks ago for mail and wire fraud