Nationstar Mortgage / robo calling

Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

Nationstar will robo call customers on the 4th or 5th of every month, even with customers that have never been late!!!
This is a very unprofessional company that is in a much lower class than other other mortgage companies. Unfortunately they are my current mortgage servicer since my mortgage was purchased from the professionals at bank of america.

Most professional banks and mortgage companies will allow until the 15th, 16, or 17th of the month before they commence with notifications of late payments. Nationstar has robo called my cell phone as early as the 4th of the month and will vigorously call multiple times per day. This company originated as a debt collections company, but unfortunately is not aware that customers actually do exist that are not delinquents. Having never missed a payment since they purchased my loan from bank of america, they execute robo calling starting on the 4th of every month makes them a very sub par company. I can not wait for my re-finance process to complete (With a different lender of course) so I can move onto a different servicer. They are the worst.

Comments

• Em
      9th of May, 2012

I have the same problem since my mortgage was sold to them from Bank Of America. Finally last month I went off on the person after the third call within a 30 minute period. They claimed it was a 'convenience' call. I'm sorry but calling me 3 times in a 30 minute period without leaving a message is not a convenience call. I told them I wasn't late because I was allowed a 15 day grace period that they shouldn't be calling until after the 15th of the month. All the CSR could say is that my payment is due on the 1st. I told them if they call me again when I'm not late then I will contact my attorney general's office. She claimed there was nothing she could do because everyone who hadn't paid by the 1st automatically came up in the system. I still plan on contacting my attorney general's office because what they are doing is harassment on something that is not late. Anybody else who has this same problem should also contact their local attorney general's office. Enough complaints should put a stop to it!

• Ia
      21st of May, 2012

I agree! If we as the homeowner do not put a stop to this, no action will ever be taken. I intend to email my state's attorney office about this as well as the state Consumer Affairs office

• Ro
      15th of Oct, 2015

I have this same problem!! My mortgage was also sold from Bank of America to them and I have always paid around the 14th due to the grace period. They've called at 8pm at night before and call every month and when I ask them not to they tell me I must send in a cease and desist letter as they don't have to honor my verbal request.

• Cr
      5th of Jan, 2016

Exactly the same problem as previous complaints. Robo calling soon after the 1st of the month (most recent was the 4th), despite existence of a standard grace period in my original note. Cease and desist orders (these are court orders issued by a judge!) should not be required to stop this out and out harassment, IMHO. I will consider contacting my attorney general's office, but am unsure if this would just be wheel spinning if NationStar is playing JUST within the law somehow. No doubt they have legal counsel helping them to stay just under the radar. Please add me to the list of pissed off, not going to tolerate it any more, mortgage holders (with no late payments).