Nationstar Mortgage / liars/cheats/crooks

1 OREGON, United States Review updated:

To anyone who is having issues with Nationstar Mortgage or by the above DBA-Names above, please contact me. I'm sure all of our stories are the same. This company is BAD. I've got my State Congressman and his office involved. I've got Nationstar Department Head's email addresses/phone numbers and all contact info. I have advice to all of you on what to do. Draft letters and send them. We are fighting them and won't give up.

1 year and 2 months now we have been in modification hell. Flagstar sold us out in our last month of the trial. Its been almost one year with Nationstar, then they pulled the usual...no paperwork, no this, no that, etc. and then came the foreclosure notice...that was a few weeks ago. The story is changing now, since I've sent out the letters and got my congressman involved, now Nationstar is calling us! Yes, we actually have a Rep, with a real phone number and a real email address! Amazing, I know. But what we did seemed to work. I would like to try and help all of you.

I have too much info to tell you in this board's format, so please email me if you would like my "free" advice on what we are doing. Perhaps if we all do the same thing they won't get away with it.

We've actually seen some movement in our dealings with them since I contacted some State Reps and Head's of Fannie Mae. We'll wait and see, of course, it can change overnight with Nationstar. However, I do think that I've got some tactics that may help some of you. You also need to send Nationstar a QWR letter. Be careful though, it needs to be worded CORRECT or they don't have to respond to it. There are some key words you need to include in order for it to legally stand up in court. You also send a CC to everyone on my list of names. I'll give you all copies of what I have and you can fill in your name/etc. and send out your own.

It's a start, and it does get their attention. Let's GANG UP ON THESE JERKS! Stand up and fight people! Or they WILL Take your home.

Next steps to follow...via email.

my email is: dhanson@techie.com

Feel free to contact me if you like. - don't worry, i'm not a weirdo and I'm not selling anything. I'm just sick of Nationstar's crap and I need more support to fight them.

Not Going Down In Oregon!

Comments

• Jd
      29th of Nov, 2011

Oh my please dont get me started on Nationstar the biggest lying crook out there. Ive been dealing with them many many years and was put in foreclosure n waited for my HAMP mod for a year after numerous run arounds. They will not and still wont produce a breakdown of "corporate advances" nor how my $265000 loan turned into $330000 now after the HAMP and my payment higher but lower interest rate but my 23 yr loan now a 40. Its a mess. They are now saying I owe a balloon payment of $22000 to my mod which his all fees. I filed chapter 7 over 4 yrs ago so I can walk away without a foreclosure on my credit HOWEVER Ive been in my home 11 yrs, have spent over $50000 on improvements and over $100000 in interest/principal just to Nationstar/Centex so walking away is not only devistating but a huge financial loss. I seriously have no idea how they are allowed to do banking business at all. Does the gov't regulate anything or can the bankers just bully people into paying fees, interest, corporate advances and shove people in corners to sign these so called "modifications" in fear of losing their homes? I wrote the White House and did actually to my utter surprise recieve a call back but they contacted Nationstar and they said they were finalizing the modifcation and funny after a year I recieved the papers in a week, but again completely bogus terms and since the feds felt they had made contact I than was lost in federal government phone land and could not ever connect with a live person again to actually investigate the contact, terms, my payment history, etc. Its beyond frustrating. I dont want to go into the many details and documentations but if anyone has an attorney or petition I would love to get on board. My email is ojwarner69@yahoo.com.

• Do
      1st of Dec, 2011

Bank of America transferred our home loan to Nationstar Mortgage LLC. We just received a letter that was dated Nov. 23, 2011 in the mail yesterday, Thursday, Nov. 30, 2011 from Nationstar Mortgage LLC. This letter was our "Welcome Letter". The arrival time of this letter was a bit concerning to me due to our Dec.payment was due tomorrow, Dec. 1, 2011.

In order to make our payment prior to the "Due Date, which was tomorrow" my plan was to make the payment through the website. The "Welcome Letter" clearly states, (You can pay online via the Nationstar Mortgage website at www.MyNationstarMTG.com). Upon trying "SEVERAL TIMES" I was unable to get in. The computer response was "The information you entered does not match our records. Please try again." I tried many, many, times to register - same response.

I then called the phone number listed on the "Welcome Letter" to make sure the loan number listed is the one I should be using, that it is the only number listed on the letter ("Re: New Nationstar Loan Number **********). Nationstar Mortgage Representative, Tina advised that is was the correct number etc... I tried again with her on the phone, same response of "The information you entered does not match our records. Please try again."

So I went a different route in order to make the payment prior to the due date which was tomorrow, I wanted to give her our debit card information to make payment but she wanted our bank info. (Routing number, Account number) to make payment. I gave her what she requested and then she advised me that there was a $15.00 phone payment fee. Throughout the phone conversation with Rep.Tina I was getting frustrated, not getting clear answers to my questions etc. I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable about this company (little bells going off in head). I advised her that I would mail the Dec.payment today, Wed., Nov.30, 2011 and to please note my account. There was too many inconsistencies, shuffling, no clear answers given throughout our phone conversation so I felt it best to pay by check in order a paper trial etc... as well as this documentation.

We have talked to several Nationstar Mortgage Representative, Tina, Brandon was yesterday, Wed., Nov. 30, 2011 and Toni, Autumn, Kristen, Connie and Autumn again was today, Thurs., Dec 1st. No clear answers from anyone of them, a lot of shuffling going on and contradictions!

The response from Rep. Autumn on the Internet access is that they are working on it and to try again in a couple of days and if it still doesn't work then call back.

In the last phone conversation with Nationstar Mortgage Representative, Autumn, on Thurs., Dec. 1, 2011 @ 9:59am, we requested our "Original Loan Documents" to be sent to us. Autumn advised that she made the request.

I googled Nationstar Mortgage LLC and now see that those (little bells going off in my head) were accurate. We're just beginning our Mortgage journey with Nationstar Mortgage LLC (by no choice of ours) and it has not started off well. Any information or suggestions anyone can offer in order for us to protect ourselves would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

• Jd
      1st of Dec, 2011

I have not been able to access my account information either with the "information you entered does not match our records" message. I sat on hold 2 days a row for over half hour and still no live person. I cant get ahold of escrow who not only tacked on some in house insurance policy to my account years ago even though I never had lapse in my coverage, but then charged me interest n fees on so called "unpaid insurance balance" and now that my taxes and insurance went down from what I escrow I cant seem to get a payment adjustment or credit of overpaid funds. This is the tip of the iceburg with Nationstar. They will not send me documents, charge summaries, payment histories, escrow statements, nada...and they charged me interest on top of past due interest and rolled it into my HAMP so Ive made 11 yrs of payments on $265000 and they say I now owe $330000 and my 30 yr term is back to a 40 yr. Someone seriously has got to start a class action suit...I know they are not doing business legally and our politicians need to step in!!!

• Fr
      7th of Jan, 2012

Nation Star Mortgage of Texas and all other areas in America are corupt, Illegal, conspire to take property Illegally, Mis-use of all Laws both Civil and Criminal, and an Immediate Fedral Investigation out to be started and all Mortgages and Foreclosers STOPPED until all avenues of Civil and Criminal Action be taken against Nation Star. I am a Vietnam War Combat Disabled Veteran and as far as I am concerned to ruling Governments of the States and Federal Levels are a Disgrace to the Millions of Veterans who gave the Ultimate Sacrifice for this country the United States. Fred Price "HO-RAH"

13th of Mar, 2012

Monthly repeated phone calls to remind us to pay our mortgage before it is due.4e65f

• Dm
      6th of Jul, 2012

I went through the same thing and found a way to save my home from Nationstar throwing me into a surprise foreclosure even though I had made every trial payment on time with Suntrust. I was told I didn't qualify for HAMP only to find out that I actually did quality. I ended up after a 20 month battle with a 2% interest rate which I'm sure Nationstar wasn't happy with. I'd be glad to help anyone that needs help. I don't want to think of anyone going through what I went through.

• Wa
      10th of Jul, 2012

5 more days until their first violation! We were transferred from Aurora (who kindly gave us two weeks notice of the transfer) but not a peep out of Nationstar. They have 15 days from the date of transfer (July 1) and then they are in violation.
    Next comes the part where the send back my mortgage payment (that I will make with a Cashier's Check and send certified/return receipt) and claim:
    A) your envelope arrived empty,
    B) you didn't send the right amount (well no duh, you didn't send me either payment coupons OR allow my online access OR send me a statement! My crystal ball isn't THAT good!),
    C) your payment wasn't on time, here's your late fee that we won't tell you about because we won't allow you online access or send you a statement.
    Then I get to look forward to them ignoring the QWR my lawyer is preparing...meanwhile, I will be racking up the RESPA and Fair Credit Collections Act violations that they will UNDOUBTEDLY be dumping on me...and in about 3 months, I will take their ### to court...AND WIN!
    Mortgage fraud is rampant. At least consult a competent attorney and just see what can be done in your case. Class Action won't help here because each case is so unique that a class action couldn't possibly provide proper remedy for victims or punishment for Nationstar and corrupt servicers like them.

• Gs
      27th of Aug, 2012

Aaargh. BofA just sold my brother's mortgage to Champion Mortgage (AKA Nationstar). Any suggestions about defensive actions to take before they start putting the boot in would be appreciated. Does getting a lawyer involved up front help at all?

• Ju
      26th of Nov, 2012

My Reverse Mortgage was recently acquired by "Champion" from Bank of America. I have had my RM for three years and have paid my own Insurance all this time--this company who claims--UN-TRUTHFULLY--to be accredited by the BBB, begin almost immediately to threaten me--insisting that I do not have coverage and telling me they are going to purchase insurance and charge me for it.
    I check out anyone I do business with for reviews--pro and con--and make my choices based on that info. ----there was no choice in the matter of them acquiring my RM.
    I am a senior and am alarmed at what they are attempting to do--fixed incomes don't allow for these sort of actions.
    I am wondering if they have Insurance Companies under their umbrella of dozens of names they seem to go by--or if their "end game" is to illegally acquire our homes for
    their own gains.
    I need some info. on who to contact to get help if I need it--like some regulatory govt. agencies--any help or advice will be appreciated.
    I read many of the accounts and am horrified by just how bad this outfit is, and hope that some good can come of every one's efforts.
    rockpilegaljulie@gmail, com

• Th
      6th of Dec, 2012

Contact churchill mortgage.

• Co
      26th of Jan, 2013

My mother had a reverse mortgage with Bank of America and then transferred to champion. She has been paying house insurance for 30+ years through Allstate insurance co. Yet i looked at her monthly statement and was surprised to see they are taking out 174.00 dollars for homeowners insurance and she pays Allstate too.. So for 2 years they have been taking out was was already insured. Not to mention the 632.00 a month for interest. WHAT THE HELL! Is this right she has live on this house for 50 years free and clear and got a reverse mortgage when my father died to make need repairs on the house. OK great Bofa was not charging interest rates property tax or insurance. But...when Champion took over that changed, she is very gullible and does not know better, she has sold her house not wanting to but believes that the 632.00 taken OUT EVERY MONTH will consume all her money. She sold the house for 455.000 borrowed about 90.00 in the past 5 years. and is only getting 110.00 where is the rest of her money. Please some one guide me on this I'm heart broken. She is looking to buy a mobile home out right cash. But this is the sad part. Her rent space will be more then the interest 632.00 She is scr#@%---. She will never survive.

• Th
      31st of Jan, 2013

Contact an attorney.

• Ve
      15th of May, 2013

I have a surreal experience with nationstar also...I think I have the right man on the job...it's been a year since I hired this attorney and we are currently engaged in the law suit...I am demanding a jury trial...I am looking forward to this fight...I fought them for two years on my own before I had to hire an attorney...I am stoked about getting these people punished...should I win this case, ..I will set up a fund for people who can't afford to fight...I despise what these criminals stand for...I will get more specific when it is expedient...my e-mail is mernatti@aol.com...I may answer e-mails that I decide are prudent...Trial is coming and I can't wait!! OVERWHELMING evidence of unethical behavior, ...violation of federal laws and good faith contract, ...plus FCRA and FCBA violations...you people make sure you create a PAPER TRAIL!!! talk to NOBODY FROM NATIONSTAR ON THE PHONE!! God bless and hang tough...your "private property" and your constitutional right to own it are important!!!

7th of Aug, 2013

Here's the story. It's not the same as previous posts: Home loan thru Nationpoint. House was purchased for a relative who renegged and left my spouse holding the bag. Enter BofA who took over the loan. Bank filed foreclosure notice. Our attorney was more successful than theirs and Deed in Lieu of was obtained with no deficiency. (I prayed earnestly, try it). Satis. of Mortgage, deed transfer, etc. all recorded in the county records. (2009). We also have the original notes marked "paid in full." Since then, they replaced the credit hit that was beginning to get better and kept billing us. The attorney said it wasn't worth fighting, that eventually the credit would improve.

Apparently BOA sold this loan to Nationstar and BOA sent us a letter recently that the loan is paid in full, which it has been since '09.
    I sent copies of all recorded instruments within the 30 day appeal time to Nationstar, yet they still hound us with letters and phone calls. We will not speak to them on the phone. There has been no acknowledgment of receipt of forms from us either. We'll wait and see what happens.

Anyone else out there with a similar story?

7th of Aug, 2013

Obviously this is no longer a loan and I meant to put the word in quotation marks in my previous post. It is definitely a scam as the debt was satisfied in court with BofA.

3rd of Sep, 2013

A word to the wise: Don't post here if you think you might change your mind. Management does not allow for deletions of posts or accounts. Just a thought.

9th of Oct, 2013

I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding and will eventually be resolved. Good luck to all.

• Vi
      20th of Jan, 2015

I am soooooo. Sick and tired of you messing up my account. You have been the WORST mortgage company I have ever had.

• Mi
      29th of Oct, 2015

Ever since 2013 when they implemented dedicated specialists they have not kept record keeping at all. They don't apply payments, return payments, hold extra monies as "suspense" accounts. Just Plain Crooks. I

• Sh
      29th of Oct, 2015

They are liars denied me for a home mod stating i didnt turn in all paperwork was aclear lie and they mske up numbers stating im behind in my payments i think trying to scare me its bothering me physically and emotionally