Nationstar Mortgage / mortgage payoff

1 MO, United States Review updated:

My realtor called nationstar on Monday to get payoff on our house and said close date would be fine for Friday. They said if we didn't have it on the title companys fax 24 hours before close to call them back and expedite the payoff. Thursday Morning we still did not have it so we called Nationstar back. This time they said expediting would take 48 hours. They told us they changed their policy on Wednesday and were sorry they did not let us know. So waiting at title company called again. One individual told us they had already faxed it and had confirmation. Next person told us it had not. A supervisor by the name of Anthony Promised us it would be there. Took off work and both jobs require 2 weeks to get personal day approved. I wonder what Nation stars policy is? They lied to us multiple times and failed to inform us that we may want to change our close date due to the fact that they were not ready. Everyone showed up but them.

Ry
May 17, 2013

Comments

5th of Jun, 2013

I unwittingly signed up for the “trial period” for a loan modification with Nationstar. As I did not hear back from the agent named on the “offer” letter I began to research their program to see if I could find any information on their process. Low and behold….volumes of complaints on any type of related forum and complaint board. So I immediately just went back and made my regular payments. I denied their offer after finding out their tricks. (Remember…their “collectors” are not that bright). That made them hunt for anything they could to intimidate me. I have three fax numbers for them – bankruptcy (972-315-6757), foreclosure specialist (972-315-8637) and research (972-459-1611). When I fax, I fax all of them. I reiterate everything that was discussed in conversation as well as any response to any letters they send. I went to pay and the rep would not take my payment, said that there was a demand letter – I have not received it (of course), but found out how much is due and when. I faxed the rep asking to fax me a copy asap – to all 3 fax numbers! After what I’ve read I will submit complaints to FTC in Texas, State Attorney General (for CA & TX) to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (I downloaded their listing so I can provide complain counts with my faxes), Texas Dept of Savings and Mortgage Lending, as well as a good number of the 488 state representatives. Here is where you can find that information. 1) http://www.sentate.gov/general/contact_information, 2) http://www.house.gov/representatives/ 3) http://tomas.loc.gov/home/state-ligistures.html 4) http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ . Lawsuit: Triplett vs Nationstar Mortgage Settlement – google it to see if you can participate.

Get one of those online fax services so you can fax from your computer. Feel free to contact me – I’ve been researching and looking for more fax numbers – I’m making it a point to be heard! Good luck everyone.