Nationstar Mortgage / crooks

Lewisville, TX, United States Review updated:

Laid off in oct 2009, unemployed for 1-1/2 yrs. Tried to get loan modification. Took 1 yr for them to even start the process, even though all paperwork they requested was sent. Last year gave me 6 months deferred pay'ts at reduced amount. Paid all 6 payments over amount requested. Found out this year that they didn't defer any of the payments, did not modify & charged me late fees. Tried again to get modified at the end of 2011, assured me that if I made 3 monthly reduced payments that I was already approved to be modified. Paid payts still no modification & I am now according to them 9 months behind & they are talking foreclosure. Customer service is terrible, they are rude, do not as a rule know what they are talking about. Specialist that gets assigned to your case will not return calls. Loan is due to be paid off as of may 2012. Went to lewisville to talk to someone anyone, they refused to talk to me, could not give me a pay off amount. Called last week so I could wire money to them to pay off (Borrowed $) won't tell me an exact amount. Wired money friday, they have as of this am, not posted to account. No clue if my loan is paid off or if they are going to add more bogus charges to account.

Pl

Comments

• Ge
      3rd of May, 2010

Why are we allowing this Company to continue with this disgusting behavior as consumers we are all familiar with Lawsuit and Class Action is needed here

11th of Nov, 2011

My mortgage just tranfer to NATION STAR, when I want to make a payment the did not want to accept. Let see what happen

• Ww
      8th of Jun, 2012

I've just received a notice from Nationstar with a Mortgage increase. Basically, when my mortgage was sold from Citibank, Nationstar added PMI on top of my mortgage, increasing it to about 300.00 more. I knew for sure that I was paying it with Citibank, I even scanned it and included it with my letters to Nationstar, Federal Trade Commission, and The Attorney General. If you own a Co-op, you are not supposed to pay an escrow in NYS. In any event, Nationstar is supposed to send me a letter that I am supposed to sign and return for a REFUND OF ALL MY ESCROW WITH INTEREST! Also, If you are black or hispanic, you should have received a settlement letter from Citibank for over charges. Call 617-357-5500 or 602-274-1100. This the law firm that sent me the letter, but they won't pick up the phone. Let everyone on Facebook, and Twitter know that Nationstar is a predatory lender and request that your mortgage be re-analyzed. Also, if you own a co-op, ask for a escrow refund and Let's sue these ###. We are smart consumers.
    E Williams
    www.amazon.com/shops/bundlemania

• Bb
      28th of Aug, 2013

Purchased home in Florida 12/2006 with Suntrust. Suntrust then sold the mortgage to Nationstar mortgage company. Our income decreased back in spring 2011, actually more than once, so I contacted Nationstar to propose a mortgage modification but they would not help at all citing since we were then current on our payments they would do nothing. We stopped paying our mortgage spring of 2011 and retained a law firm in Florida after nationstar sent modification paperwork, which I completed and returned, that they later claimed to have never received the modification package.Have stayed in our home without making a payment for over two years now but recently a final judgement was issued stating the house will be auctioned 12/2/13. We made an effort to work things out but Nationstar pretended to be willing to help but never came through because mortgage companies really do not want to help out honest working class people especially when our government makes sure they get their monies anyway. We had an option to go to court to continue fighting the foreclosure however even if we won the case nationstar could refile for foreclosure at a later time so we just gave up. Florida is a recourse state so if nationstar comes after us for the remaining balance we will have no choice but to file bankruptcy. Little people never win!