Nations Fence / Very disappointing

Well I was a first a little excited to get Nations Fence to install a fence for me but shortly after realized that their service and customer loyalty rates about a 2/10 on my scale. I am very forgiving but still feel that Nations Fence customer service and loyalty are very poor. My fence went up pretty quick but I have never seen such poor craftsmanship. The posts are loose, the lumber was poor, there were many gaps and the wood cuts were uneven and not tight at all. There were multiple exposed nails tips which have caused injuries to both my child and one of our dogs. There was a large amount of scrap, nails and paper tags left littering my yard as well as multiple mounds of un-removed dirt. Less then two weeks from the installation of the fence, multiple pickets have warped to the point of completely coming un-nailed. Both gates have begun to sag and the hardware will not line up to close. I have spent a large amount of time trying to get my issue resolved, only to be pushed away, pawned off and treated very rudely. I would strongly advise any consumer looking to purchase a fence from Nations Fence, to strongly consider my situations before perusing working with them.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      31st of Jul, 2008

Nations fence is a horrible company. There customer service sucks. I can't complain enough about nations fence. I used the one here in Georgia.

• Le
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I completely understand. They are the subcontractor for the major company we hired for our fence installation. We have been treated like children and 2nd class citizens due to our age. The manager also told us that all of the problems-ones that you even stated-are because of our dogs. The owner said that the quality of the boards wasn't under their control because they use products ordered from another company. They obviously don't inspect any of their materials before they install them.

They also don't take complaints very seriously. We hired them back in April to install our fence. It is now December and it has yet to be finished. The owner stated that the only way to get it fixed was to turn it around so "you see the pretty side" and he "doesn't understand why it wasn't sold to us that way in the first place". Are you kidding me! They also refuse to remove the fence because "they can't resell the materials." We are now stuck with a fence that looks worse than the ones around the neighborhood that have been here for years.

Look them up on BBB.org and around the internet. You will not find positive feedback, at least that's what I have yet to find.

• Ji
      24th of Sep, 2009

One of my neighbors used Nations a few years ago and he wasn't very satisfied either. My parents hired Florida Custom Fence (http://www.fenceorlando.com) and they were very happy with the craftsmanship and price.

• Ac
      28th of Sep, 2009

We are a subcontractor in another field of work but were contacted by Nations Fence, Inc. on 10/6/08 to provide our services to them on a commercial project being constructed in Jacksonville, Fl. They contacted us the first time to come out and do our part which must be done before they can install some of the fence posts. On 10/7/08 we completed the job and billed them as per our agreement. A week later they contacted us again because of a mistake that their project manager made. He had apparently mismarked some of the layouts the first time and needed us to come back and rework them. On 10/16/08 we completed the 2nd job and billed them accordingly. Keep in mind that our company is not responsible for the layouts. He marked several of them in the wrong locations the first time.
    Nations Fence, Inc. had 30 business days to pay the bill for our services rendered. After the 30 days we contacted them about the delinquency and they sent payment the next day. To our surprise the payment they sent was for the second bill that we sent them for the second job that was substantially less then the first one. On 12/11/08 after contacting their main office in Deland, Fl. which is where the payment originated from we were told to fax them a copy of the unpaid invoice, which we did that same day. On 1/6/09 we contacted them again and spoke to accounts payable and she said she needed to get the check signed then would mail it out. To this day, 9/28/2009 we still have not received payment. Between 1/6/09 and 9/28/2009 we have made several attempts to get this matter resolved with no response. Not only does Nations Fence, Inc. have poor business practices with their customers, they cannot conduct business to business practices properly.