NATIONAL VARCO LP / FAKE CHECK LOTTERY SCAM

1 Jamaica, NY, United States Review updated:

I RECIEVED A LETTER IN THE MAIL STATING IN WON LOTTO CONTEST HELD IN JUNE 2008, I WAS EXCITED BECAUSE I REALLY NEED THE MONEY, I CALLED A GUY NAME STEVE BROWN, HE TOLD ME TO PUT THE CHECK IN THE BANK, HE ALSO ASK WHEN WAS I GOING TO PUT IT IN THE BANK I SAID TODAY, I WENT TO THE BANK AND ASK THEM BEFORE I CASH IT WAS THIS CHECK REAL, THEY TOLD ME NO. SO I CAM HOME AND RESEARHED THE BANK NORWEST BANK OHIO IT EXSIT, AND THE COMPANY IS NATIONAL VARCO WHICH IS AN OIL RIG COMPANY. THIS NEEDS TO BS STOPED THANK GOD I DID NOT DEPOSIT IT INTO MY ACCOUNT, WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS, AND HOW DID THE GET MY ADRESS. PLEASE ADVISE.

Mb

Comments

• Ba
      6th of Oct, 2008

You never have to give me to collect something you supposedly won. Wise up!

11th of Oct, 2008

I just returned from being out of country for a while and this same letter and check was waiting for me. I called the representative on the letter - he was quite rude because I was calling on a Saturday evening and the normal hours he receives this kind of call are only M-F except holidays - like Monday is. So, he hung up on me.
    I then called the bank, Norwest Bank Ohio in Van Wert, OH, left a message with one of the executive members to call me re: the scamming going on with his bank having to foot the bill if I were to have cashed the check.
    I have checked this out very thoroughly online and every site I've checked this through has stated it is a scam.
    DO NOT CASH THE CHECK...THE SCAMMERS WILL THEN HAVE YOUR BANK INFORMATION

• Me
      12th of Oct, 2008

I, too, received a fake check from the same corporation advising me of a huge lottery winning. Scam artists really seem to pour out of the woodwork. I know too god to be true usually is, and I'm thankful that I was not taken in by it. I really hope there is a way to prosecute such scam artists.