NATIONAL VARCO LP / FAKE CHECK LOTTERY SCAM

Jamaica, NY, United States Review updated:
I RECIEVED A LETTER IN THE MAIL STATING IN WON LOTTO CONTEST HELD IN JUNE 2008, I WAS EXCITED BECAUSE I REALLY NEED THE MONEY, I CALLED A GUY NAME STEVE BROWN, HE TOLD ME TO PUT THE CHECK IN THE BANK, HE ALSO ASK WHEN WAS I GOING TO PUT IT IN THE BANK I SAID TODAY, I WENT TO THE BANK AND ASK THEM BEFORE I CASH IT WAS THIS CHECK REAL, THEY TOLD ME NO. SO I CAM HOME AND RESEARHED THE BANK NORWEST BANK OHIO IT EXSIT, AND THE COMPANY IS NATIONAL VARCO WHICH IS AN OIL RIG COMPANY. THIS NEEDS TO BS STOPED THANK GOD I DID NOT DEPOSIT IT INTO MY ACCOUNT, WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS, AND HOW DID THE GET MY ADRESS. PLEASE ADVISE.
Mb

Comments

Ba
  6th of Oct, 2008
You never have to give me to collect something you supposedly won. Wise up!
Ma
  11th of Oct, 2008
I just returned from being out of country for a while and this same letter and check was waiting for me. I called the representative on the letter - he was quite rude because I was calling on a Saturday evening and the normal hours he receives this kind of call are only M-F except holidays - like Monday is. So, he hung up on me.
I then called the bank, Norwest Bank Ohio in Van Wert, OH, left a message with one of the executive members to call me re: the scamming going on with his bank having to foot the bill if I were to have cashed the check.
I have checked this out very thoroughly online and every site I've checked this through has stated it is a scam.
DO NOT CASH THE CHECK...THE SCAMMERS WILL THEN HAVE YOUR BANK INFORMATION
Me
  12th of Oct, 2008
I, too, received a fake check from the same corporation advising me of a huge lottery winning. Scam artists really seem to pour out of the woodwork. I know too god to be true usually is, and I'm thankful that I was not taken in by it. I really hope there is a way to prosecute such scam artists.