National Union Fire Insurance Co. / harrassing sales calls

1 Pittsburgh allegedly, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203-920-4211

Dozens of calls trying to sell Fire Insurance. I told them I was not interested. They called back an hour later (different telemarketard this time), who was ALSO told that I am not interested in buying insurance from them and told them to stop calling me.
They persisted anyway. The most recent call was a half hour ago, and as I was in mid-sentence (I was reasonably polite) the Phone Goon hung up on ME, rather than the other way around as is customary.

I immediately called them back, and got a recorded message saying that I could be put on the Do Not Call list by entering my phone number and pressing "1", which I have done.

I'd be willing to bet that these calls will continue so I'm going to forward a copy of this to the PA Attorney General as I'm sure others have complained.

For the record, I am already on the National Do Not Call Registry so these fools should never have called at all. I don't answer the phone when it says BLOCKED CALL or is a 800 number, but these little tricksters are using a local Connecticut number so I answered it, not expecting sales blather from a pathetic telephone clown.

Perhaps a reverse phone lookup will provide me with the address of the CT number. It's local; I could pay them a friendly visit. Wish me luck!

Comments

12th of Jan, 2011
    National Union Fire Insurance Co. - receipt of unsolicited mail re: policy
    national union fire insurance co.
    p.o.box 44260
    Jacksonville
    Florida
    Phone: none listed

received ltr. on 1/12/2011 welcoming me to the National Union customer family. enclosed were several pages of a blanket accident insurance policy for Valero Payment Services Co. indicating terms and conditions of policy #51499472.
    However, i have never heard of the firm nor authorized anyone to issue such a policy over the phone or online. what is missing throughout the description is either a telephone # nor a website. i'll keep this complaint blog posted in the event that i discover the contact information for this firm or receive any unauthorized billings on any of my credit cards or banking by electronic check deductions. if anyone else reading this has information that would assist me in contacting this firm, i would appreciate it. you can contact me by going to linkedin and searching for chris stephens. you can send me a message thru linkedin and hopefully we can identify the source of this correspondence and block or eliminate it somehow.