National Trust Financial Group / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:
National Trust Financial Group
I was told that I was approved for a 5000.00 loan, however they needed 4 months upfront $875.00. I was told to send it by money gram to a Cindy Carpenter in Randall Ontario, Canada. They seemed like a real loan company, they faxed me my loan documents and said my loan would be in my account the next day. Of course it was not, so I called and now spoke to someone different and they said they needed more money due to my credit. I again sent them another 875.00 and again was told that my loan would be in the next day. The next day of course the money was not there. I again called and was then told that i did not qualify for a 5000.00 loan but instead a 7000.00 loan and I again needed to send more money. This is where I drew the line. I said I wanted my money back immediately and they said the certified check would not go out until December 30th and I would get it December 31st. I have not gotten my money and now the phone number is disconnected and also the website is gone.

N  14th of Jan, 2009 by

National Trust Financial Group - Scam and cheating
National Trust Financial Group

I remember clearly how desperate I was to make things better for my family about 3 and 1/2 weeks ago, and when I received the phone call from Jason Harper who told me I had been approved for a $5, 000.00 loan, I also remember the tears streaming down my cheeks. He told me that his company had actually denied my application but they did have a private lender who agreed to take on my loan due to my credit scores, however I would have to make the first 6 months payments up front for collateral because since it is a private lender, it wasn't insured.

So, as desperate as I was, I agreed to it and sent the money by money gram to Angela Merritt in Alberta Canada. I still have all of the paperwork, every piece and every receipt. When the deposit did not show, I began to get really scared because I had used the money that I was suppose to buy my 2 babies Christmas gifts with on a loan that was suppose to help us, so I called back and got Terry Flemming, manager, who had my file because there were discrepancies in my credit history, and then told me that the lender needed an additional 6 months.

Now I have sent them a total of $1, 920.00 the exact same way and same person and after 4 hours, no deposit. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson, but as a mother, the looks on those 2 little faces, as well as my husbands, will stay burnt in my heart and my mind for the rest of my life. Thanks Grinches who stole our Christmas. It's Just Begun.
A  11th of Feb, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. I spoke to a Richard Goldman, he told me that I was approved for a $5000.00 loan, but due to my credit, I had to send them 6 monthly payments in advance to a Joanne Clarke in Canada and threw me this junk about telling Money Gram that I knew her so I wouldn't have to pay some sort of fee. "Richard" told me once the Money Gram was sent to call him and leave him the reference code on the answering machine and the loan would be in my account immediately. As soon as I sent the Moneygram, I thought to myself, damn, I just got played, so I called Moneygram immediately and got the transaction stopped before "Joanne" can pick it up. This was a whole ordeal, these scammers are good, they look legit, have websites and contracts that all look real. Be careful.