National Sales Group / Total Scam!!!

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8662914406

This company advertises top B2B sales positionls on websites such as Monster.com. I was one of the suckers that actually called them only to find out that they are posing as a recruiter. They say that they represent thousands of employers with thousands of jobs available. I agreed to let them charge my credit card $37 so I could view these jobs. It only get worse from there! I recieved my credit card statement and they charged me a total of $97 which was never authorized. This company does not offer any service that you need. My father is an Indiana State Senator and I will be using all of his connections to get this SCAM shut down.

Be

Comments

4th of Mar, 2009

I was also taken by this company. They are a complete rip off, and they promise you that they will have interviews set up for you with in two weeks, and they seem to have endless pharmecuidical sales jobs available. Not only did I give them the initial 37$ for info that I didnt recieve for two weeks, and thats for your first month...but when I just looked at my statement, theyve been charging me 13.71$ each month after that. I never authorized them to do this. They are awful, they are taking advantage of the un employed during this tough economical time.

23rd of Apr, 2009

I just got off the phone with them, as I was replying to an ad like you've described on Career Builder. They were using all of the classic YES answer questions, total telemarketing script stuff. Things like "Now we actively recruit for over 700 companies and usually have people interviewing within 7 days. That's what you want right?'

I've paid for online job boards before so that wasn't the thing that got me wary. It was just the whole pitch thing and immediately asking which card I wanted to use. So with him on the line I did a quick search for National Sales Group and saw a few results with Scam and Fraud in them. I told him I was getting a call and would call him back. Unbelievable.

• Sh
      29th of Apr, 2009

I too came across NSG through an AOL/CareerBuilder listing. From the details of the listing, (Sales position) in a field that I have years of experience, I was sceptical. The compensation and benefits promised the moon. Intrigued, I called and got the same script heard by everyone... then after a couple of minutes on the phone was asked for a credit card number for $29... (He neglected to inform me of any S&H, monthly billings, books etc., and made it sound like a one-time charge). I told him thanks but no thanks, at this point I know nothing about you, your company or services. He did send me a link to my email address to post a resume on their site... big deal... Thanks to all the blogs I've read online about what a scam this company is. After hanging up and doing my research, I felt like I needed another shower!

• Bo
      8th of May, 2009

Having an applicant pay for a job placement is similar to those Contests where the winners are asked to pay to receive their winnings!
    What a joke!

• Da
      27th of May, 2009

you should all defiently contact monster and careerbuilder . I was a recruiter for years and we NEVER Charged an applicant. All fees were paid by hiring Employers

15th of Jun, 2009

I'm supposed to be an intelligent person, but fell for this one! Just got off the phone, got online and saw all these comments. Tried to call the customer service number back that I was given to cancel the $29.00 I had just paid, . However, there was no answer. Called my credit card company and they had already submitted a charge for $95. My credit card company deleted the charge and told me to keep an eye out to see if they process again. If so, we will file a dispute. Will continue to try to call the customer service number until I get someone. I'm sure I could have given them ANY zip code and there would have been "hundreds" of jobs available. Have been unemployed since March, so I guess "desperation" set in. Beware.

• Ri
      1st of Jul, 2009

All within the last 20 mintues I was taken by this company. I authorized the $29 fee and the lady told me my total was going to be $95. I then blantently told her I am not authorizing this charge. So I hung up called the bank and she did it anyway. Thank god I was able to call in time to have it all voided. This is the biggest scam of any recruiter I have dealt with. Whatever you do, do not call this company, they will try to make it seem like your calling the company for the job you want directly, then before you know your spending $100. What a joke.

• St
      10th of Jul, 2009

PLEASE CONTACT CAREERBUILDER.COM AND VOICE YOUR OPINION ABOUT NATIONAL SALES GROUP.
    IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM OFF THESE JOB SITES. CALL: 678-270-1448 FRAUD DEPT. ALSO CONTACT MONSTER.COM AND COMPLAIN.

NATIONAL SALES GROUP IS ONLY TRYING TO GET YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO. THEY HAVE MANY ILLUSIONS TO MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE A REAL JOB PLACEMENT SERVICE. BUT WHAT THEY WANT IS YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. WHEN THEY GET THAT YOU ARE *UCKED!!! BELIEVE ME.

• Mi
      27th of Aug, 2009

I fell for it too. I was specifically told the job I was applying for was available once I applied with them and paid the 29 dollar application fee to have my resume and interview uploaded. I have paid for sites before (medreps). So, it seemed fair. However, the job they have listed on CB is NOT available. Hence, I applied with them for nothing. My city is not even listed as a choice. Thanks for nothing. This is a complete scam and they are misrepresenting themselves. I plan to file complaints with CB, the Better Business and the FCC. What a horrible thing to do to people who are out of work!

• Da
      27th of Aug, 2009

They are scam artist I got their information off of Careerbuilder too. I called and signed up with their company using my debit card in hopes of finding a job, the service charge was for $38.90 then $13.95 per month. The even tried to make me buy a book or soemthing Im so angry that you have a company l ike this that prey on unemployed people like myslef! MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS!!! THEY ARE GOING TO GET WHAT'S COMING TO THEM!!! I called back to cancel their services after I read what everyone else had to say on line about them they gave me the customer service number to DELL COMPUTERS. I cancel my debit card and getting another one issued... PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE VULTURES

CINDY ANDERSON

• Cl
      1st of Sep, 2009

I agree, I had a bad feeling about this and against my better judgement, gave them my credit card information. I just called and asked them to void my account, which they said they would do, but I am terrified that they will continue charging me, or charge me more than the $38. I am an unemployed single Mom, and they could literally wipe out my account by doing this. In fact, I think I will call my bank right now!

• Ba
      8th of Sep, 2009

Ok, first let me say this. I came across on the website of carreerbuilder.com Pharmaceutical Sales- no experience, just be motivated etc. I said let me give it a shot. I called in and talked to Freddy x.617. Being in the mortgage sales business now for over 3.5 years and being a master on the telephone I could tell that the kid was reading off a script. That was my first concern. 2ndly he was pushy to charge me $29. He told me that he could get me interviews within 2-4 weeks and then asked would I be able to leave my position in the next 30 days. What a sweet heart... getting me all excited. Thank goodness I realized he was reading off a script or else if I got on the phone with one of the those seasoned telemarkers I too would have been scammed.

Well real quick: I went to their website and before starting to register with them I said let me type in google "NationsalesGroup Reviews" all of sudden I got this website.
    WHOOPS!!! Sorry can't join them then.

MORAL OF STORY: no matter what you do or buy use google to type in the company name and then type in Reviews. Do some research!!!

• Er
      10th of Sep, 2009

Thank you to all who have posted here. I called them today & spoke to Amber. When she said there was a charge of $29, I told her that I could not pay until my paycheck cleared. After that I googled National Sales Group and found these complaints. As I am only working part time now, every dollar matters. Glad I didn't waste my money. You all helped me.

• Vh
      14th of Sep, 2009

I almost fell for this one too. Glad I saw your posts! Thanks guys

• St
      15th of Sep, 2009

I just talked to them after getting a job recommendation list from CareerBuilder.com. Luckily I have my Masters in Information Assurance, and am well informed as to the types of theft and fraud going on. They tried to charge me. I told them I do not ever pay ANYTHING over the phone, as there would be nothing stopping them from charging me whatever they want, whenever they want if I give them that information. They said they used to do it online, but had a problem with people using other people's cards, and they didn't do that (nor did I ask about online transactions). Then "Julie" tried to reassure me, telling me I would get a conformation email and the call was being recorded for my, and their safety (fat lot of good their recording would do ME!). I told them I would pay them nothing until I checked out their company online. She then gave me a "free" online account, and I could call her later for an upgrade.

Then I came here, glad I did!

• Ha
      18th of Sep, 2009

I GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD INFO AND WAS TOLD I WOULD BE CHARGED $38 DOLLARS AND WAS ACTUALLY CHARGED $97 DOLLARS WHEN I SAW MY STATEMENT ONLINE. INFURIATED, I WENT TO THE WEBSITE, PUT IN THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD I HAD RECIEVED BUT DID NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS!!! IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED ALREADY MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS ON THE WEBSITE AND CALL AND DEMAND A REFUND. I GOT THE $97 BACK SOLELY FOR THAT REASON!!!

• Jp
      24th of Sep, 2009

these guys are some bad, pushy salesman just after your money. Easy to figure out sounds they are in a rush to catch a train. I asked them that I will not give any money unless I research and the guy told me that research them on the internet while he was on the phone. He told me to type National Sales Group and as I typed their name National Sales Group Scam also popped up. Boy did I give him a peace of my mind. stay away from Careerbuilder.com they have many upon many job listings that are scams!!!

• Di
      26th of Sep, 2009

Thanks to what im reading on this page. i won't be letting them get my card number. its just sad that these people give us unemployed false hopes in finding a good job at last just to get taken for some crazy fee that they hope we dont check . thanks for all the comments it saved me a headache.

4th of Oct, 2009

So, as a group, whom do we contact to inflict the greatest pressure upon these individuals involved to stop this activity and to have legal action begin?

• Ca
      2nd of Nov, 2009

If you've been scammed by NSC/National Sales Group, report them to the FTC at this web site - The FTC is cracking down on scammers through "Operation Short Change"