National Rent A Car / Dangerous Choices

1 Marnixstraat 99/3 Amsterdam NetherlandsLos Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310621521836

A year ago National forced my partner and I to drive a rental car, full of broken glass, back to the airport. This is after making us spend several hours in an underground parking lot waiting for answers. We offered them witnesses, we offered them photos, we offered them a simple peace making of a new rental car this summer. Communication games, no results. We reside in The Netherlands and have been trying to make this a human negotiation. No go. We are now planning legal action and would appreciate advice. Very sad.

Comments

• Jm
      8th of Jul, 2009

You didn't own the car, soyou can't sue for damages to it, and waiting a couple hours in a garage won't bring much in the form of compensation (not that a judge would even consider it).

You have no case here.

19th of Jul, 2009

I can barely understand what you are saying!

So you got into an accident in the rental car...Okay.

It's not your car. The car company is not your friend. Why didn't you purchase insurance or roadside? I guess I don't speak for everybody here, but I would always want to go with the zero responsibility aspect when driving someone else's car.

P.S. Have you heard the horror stories about other countries? Like in Mexico, if you don't buy the insurance they send people after you to mess up the car. Your fault for not buying insurance. Anyway...