National Recovery Network / Scam charges

1 10869 North Scottsdale Rd Suite 103-263Scottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-211-9317

I beg anyone that is considering to have a car repossessed to please do yourself a favor and search elsewhere! From the time that I became a client to the end of this ridiculous experience, everything about this place is extremely unprofessional. First off they had told me that the charges for this service was $800. Wrong! They ended up sending me an invoice for about $2000. When I received that, I called them... relentlessly (since they would never call me back)... and eventually I spoke with Mr Rick St Marie (aka: the worst businessman ever)... and he knocked off about $400... whoo freakin whoo.

Their lack of communication was absurd, to say the least. Oh, and the worst thing of it all! I had spoke with my case worker, Tori, in regards to making the payment. She told me that I could send the money overnight and I would be able to pick up the car on Friday. A friend of mine in a different state was helping me on the payment so I had him overnight his share, and I did the same with mine... as instructed. Between the both of us we spent about $70 to send this payment to them so everything would run smoothly.

The next day I received a call from Tori saying that the payment was received and that she would be notifying the tow company, that had my car, that they had permission to release it. I happen to live in a different state than the car that I had repossessed, so I had a couple of my friends go pick the car up for me. They both had to work in the afternoon, and this day was the last day I could have it picked up before storage fees would accrue.

So they go to find this place, which was fifty miles away, find it... but are told that they haven't received a release form... so they're basically screwed. They called me about this, so I called up the National Recovery Network to see what was going on. I was told that the person I needed to talk to wasn't there and they would call me back later. 'Later' wasn't exactly an option, because the person I needed to talk to wouldn't be in for another 3 hours.

So I called back again, and demanded to speak to a manager. That's when Rick St Marie got on the phone. I started explaining my dilemma... and before I could finish he immediately started cussing me out... said he was the 'owner'... told me that I would get the car next week... and hung up on me! What?! So I called back, got his voicemail, threw around some choice words of my own, and threatened his reputation explicitly. I also had my attorney call too...so between all that I finally had the car released to my poor friends... that had been waiting for about five hours in BFE. I really hope this saves some other poor soul from making the same mistake as me...

Va

Comments

• Ra
      30th of Jun, 2008

I too am a victim of this company. My bill is over $3500 and "I" found the car and they came and towed it for me. I am curious what you attorney said and if I should seek counsel.

• Pm
      4th of Aug, 2008

i had a similar experience they would not return my calls and i recovered the car myself. they billed my for 900+ dollars. i am not going to pay them and i am filing a complaint w the better business bureau.

• Pm
      10th of Mar, 2009

if you have had problems with National Recovery Network, i urge you to file a complaint w the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General for Arizona and Consumer Affairs.

i have been contacted by an Attorney on behalf of the Company demanding payment however the letterhead has only a PO Box and a bad phone number.

• Th
      4th of Apr, 2009

Please respond ALL NATIONAL RECOVERY NETWORK VICTIMS!!! C.A. Lawsuit Come forward, explain, express, compensation, relief. Orders of the blueprint. ASAP

ANY AND ALL RECEIVED US POSTAL MAIL FROM ANY ENTITY REGARDING NATIONAL RECOVERY NETWORK, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION, COLLECTION AGENCIES, OR THERE OF, PLEASE PROVIDE IN RESPONSE.

14th of Mar, 2018

@TheOne I have a sexual harassment plus the fee I was given was 799.00 to recover my truck but now he wants 1700.00 or for me to go to his house and we'll I won't repeat it but I can upload his disgusting messages

• Ta
      20th of May, 2009

I had a personal encounter with NRN, LLC. I hired the business to repossess a vehicle for me in California. Original quote was $800, invoice turned into $2670 and kept my vehicle hostage until I paid. I spoke to owner regarding junk fees and he replied that his business cleans up after botched attempts. Mr. Rick St.Marie Sambrano had no legitimate justification for increasing the quote. I did let him know that his staff are idiots. I also let him know that his staff are not professionals for engaging the debtor in an argument and arriving in a vehicle too small to repossess the vehicle for pick-up. Another repossessor was called that did indeed have a vehicle large enough to take the vehicle. I paid the $2670 and did not realize until sometime later the business was a fraud.

The increase in fees were due to the consumer assigned NRN, LLC who then had to call a business locally to actually carry-out the request. The local business had to earn money for their services of doing what NRN, LLC could not and did not do. So the local businesses are just as fraudulent as NRN, LLC for engaging in illegal activities.

NRN, LLC is not licensed to repossess vehicles, let alone pay a local towing company to do the same. Every one of the towing companies that has partaken in the activities by not entering into a contract with the consumer that hired NRN, LLC, LOOK OUT.

Any business that has responded to NRN, LLC requests without the proper licensing through NRN, LLC, including the licensing in the state in which that services took place, and signed agreement by the consumer is just as responsible for that actions of NRN, LLC.

10th of Apr, 2010

I hired NRN to repo 3 vehicles and two pieces of equipment. I was quoted 499 per vehicle. Their efforst were botched from the very beginning. I personally negotiated the return of two of my vehicles and called NRN to inform them of such and told them I was still obligated to pay thre 499 fee per vehicle. Rick Sambrano then disrupted my efforts, siezed the two vehicles (and lost the remainder of my equipment in the interim). I was then billed 3700.00. I have attorneys and investigators uncovering the mysterious web Sambrano has laid out for himself. He operates under several aliases with at least 2 social security numbers. BEWARE.

• Ex
      21st of Nov, 2010

I was employed there for 3 months before realizing the shady business that was running out of "Ricks" house, in Gilbert Az..and Quit.

If you need any help contact me at
    Exemployee2010@live.com

• Nr
      11th of Feb, 2011

this company is a forwarding company ie. they dont do any repossession despite what they claim and advertise. the "base fee" they quote to you is a made up number and they attempt to protect themselves and cover up thier intentions to defraud the customer by stating is the base fee and then dependant upon the degree of difficutly. - Once they recieve your "agreement" they do some basic skiptracing and then hire a local repossession agent to recover the vehicle, they then charge thier base fee plus additional fees for background investigation, skip tracing, doc fees etc (most of which is not actually a service that you recieve or that is even done on the case just a line on the invoice) and the repossession agents fee at a mark up. the $800 dollar base fee quickly becomes a couple thousand dollar charge. it is intentional deception / misleading practices and just short of, if not, fraud. the owner of this company not only rips off his customers he also has no qualms to steal form his clients or employees.

10th of Feb, 2012

They offer one base fee and then add on other bogus fees which tripled the original quote--- They do not take credit cards for fear that people will refuse to pay and fight them ONLY monies wired directly into their bank account---- RIP OFF-SCAM ARTISTS

• Go
      22nd of Aug, 2012

this is a scam 100% . im a dealer in dallas . first i called them to check how much charging, rick crook said 499 only u pay .
    in dallas here they charge 350 plus . they called me too many times im still thinking whom to hire, , , finally they sent me a bill for almost 2000. i donot know if there is law in thiws country .to stop this people

22nd of Aug, 2012

THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS---- GOT THE SAME RUN AROUND-- Report them to the Better Business Bureau in Arizona--- We need to get people to read these complaints before the hire them~

/link removed/

I would advise that everyone make complaints to all of the above and more!

• Th
      25th of Aug, 2012

BBB is a toothless dog. Write to TX and AZ AG, and FTC. Hit FB and Twitter, etc.

• Ju
      10th of Sep, 2015

I worked for Rick, so I know first hand what this guy is all about. For 1, he doesn't like anyone to stick up for themselves, especially if you are a woman. All conversations with him is 1 way. HIS way, and if you try to prove a point, he turns it all around. He demands respect, and hasn't got a clue how to give it. He thinks he is GOD.
    He does NOT have a clue how to run a proper business, nor treat his employees. He is a very crooked individual, only knows how to run his mouth, and feed off of the people he rips off, and his employees, for his own gain.
    National Recovery Network, and All States Towing And Removal are run poorly, and the owner Rick, insists that his employees commit illegal acts to recover these cars, knowing that the majority of the owners will not look into the laws. (ie: towing cars over state lines, tow charges, etc) When a law has been broken, Rick states "Only law that will be broken is if somebody says something"
    So IF your vehicle has been towed by this company, look at your rights, and the laws! Rick is a criminal!!!

14th of Mar, 2018

@Justice20152015 He tried to extort me to have sex with him to get my truck back!

• Ri
      5th of Apr, 2016

I also worked there and everything everyone is saying is true. Rick's real same is Richard Sambrano and is a criminal, a liar, and is a worthless piece of ###. He can't pay his own bills. Several times we didn't get our checks on time. We had our phones shut off and other random things due to his poorly ran business and lack of funds coming in because first of all he couldn't find a car if it was shoved up his a**. Second, he spent it on toys and trying to impress women because he is so pitiful and lonely. Pretty sure he had a drug problem too. HE had no friends, and is ugly as all hell. He yells at people, especially women, talking down to them like they are trash. He talks ### behind your back and runs his mouth about things that are not true. This guy goes through employees so fast it got to where clients didn't want to work with us solely because of our turnover rate. Most of the people I worked with there were good people just trying to get a paycheck but left because of the shady ### going on there. His office is in a ### town called apache junction, there are about 5 people in the whole building, no legal team as he claims and NRN was usually ran by 3 people. THAT IS IT! We hired out tow truck drivers and didn't even have our own trucks. I keep hearing about horrible things that have happened to people here and am tired of it. I don't care if he tries to come after me, if he thinks I am worth it fine... but everyone needs to know what a douche wagon this guy is.

14th of Mar, 2018

Has any other females been sexually harassed by the owner Rick St Marie.