National Readers Service / Scam and cheating

National Readers Service
Originally this company seemed like a good idea. I pay a flat fee of $64 a month for one year and I get five magazine subscriptions for five years, or so I thought.

I just received a call from them today asking for my updated cc information so they could debit $40 a month for the next 3 years. Not wanting to be reported to a credit bureau, I reluctantly gave in.

Their shipping even stinks for the last year I've only been getting two of the subscriptions that I payed for. And now the want more money?!?!

A  20th of Apr, 2009 by
Just got a statement for 49.70 for magizines I never recieved, called company to complain and was put on hold for about fifteen m inutes. Was told to hold for supervisor, then told that he would call when he was not busy. I did not order nor did I authorize any subscriptions from this outfit, also advised them I would NOT make any payments to this bill and if I recieved another statement, I would report them as a scammer.
N  15th of Aug, 2009 by
National Readers Service scammed my 19 year old in June 2009. Specific suggestions for dealing with this scam are on my blog www.theNRSscam.blogspot.com
Good luck! D/
A  29th of Sep, 2010 by
Don't even get ME started! I, too, was duped. But they have started a new tactic...going by 2 names to get you to pay, and showing 2 different totals, hoping you'll be gullible to think, "Oh God, I signed up for 2 of these!" However, when pressed you get the same service date. Hmm.

Lookout not only for National Readers Service but ALSO Midwest Publishers Inc.!

Better yet. Just don't do it! If anyone does a cold call to you tell them to take your name off their list as that is the law. If you are already on the DO NOT CALL list tell them that and that they just broke the law. See who can hang up the fastest then!

Wish I had been the wiser back in March. Still fighting my strategy using the BBB, FTC, State AG, Consumer Affairs, and the list goes on. The more complaints I can file (and print to send to these 2 companies in response to their bully tactics) the better off I hope we will all be in the end. If they took you for a ride, file away too! Thanks D for all your suggestions at your blog! Everybody should go there!
A  7th of Nov, 2010 by
Is there a way to cancel this so called contract?

National Readers Service Logo National Readers Service