National Reader Service / phone calls

1 Rapid City, SD, United States Review updated:

I have received calls informing me I've been entered or have won a prize in the sweepstakes and when I tell the phone rep "no thank you" I get hung up on. No thank you for your time or any reply, just a disconnect. I have been in customer service for over 20 years and this is not how it should be handled! When I get that type of service (non-service) it only causes me to say no for future offers and I let other people know how I was treated.

Comments

• En
      12th of Oct, 2009

national reader service has attempted to scam money from me under the guise of "visa cardmember rewards". they said i was being rewarded for having my visa for a cetain period of time, and proceeded to read me my card number, adress, d.o.b., etc. first of all, i have no idea how they got this information, as i have never done business with them before. secondly, they attempted to charge me for 2 partner services, again unrequested. i contacted the company, spoke with a manager, and made it clear i would pursue legal action if any charges were made to my account, and demanded to be removed from any call lists ( i am also on the national no call list, lot of good that has done me!) this most recent call informed me that i had successfuly reconciled my account, and was being called to assure delivery was being made on my magazines, again none of which i had requested. this company has a horrible reputation, and is nothing more than a scam. i have reported them to the b.b.b. and colorado state attorney, as well as the fcc for the no call violation. if you are contacted by this company, HANG UP IMMEDIATELY OR BE SCAMMED!