National Online Pages / Terrible experience

I received a call, from an elderly women, claimed she worked with National Online Pages and that I had an invoice there which was from 6 months ago which needed to be paid. I asked her for the company name again, I explained I never signed up for their advertising, they must be mistaken. She claims I spoke with their rep 6 months ago, and when I cut her off and said I absolutely did not speak with your rep or sign up. She mumbled, we have a record, and then she hung up on me.

I think if I would have been a busier business it may have not been caught right away, so BE CAREFUL!!!

Ni

Comments

• Cl
      1st of Apr, 2009

I received a similar call. The lady who called said that someone at my company had authorized this advertising and she was going to send a bill. She gave me the name of someone who is retired and could not have made that decision. She got very aggitated with me. I told her to play back the recording of my employee authorizing that. She screamed RUDE at me and then hung up. Be very careful when receiving phone calls from these people.

1st of Apr, 2009

These people are horrible! They stuck me for a bill they said I agreed to verbally. When I tried to verbally cancel the agreement, they would not accept a verbal cancellation. When I mentioned that a verbal agreement would not stand up in court and that I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau, they got extrememely rude and refuesed to put a supervisor on the phone. Be Careful of This Company and Their Scam!!

• As
      15th of Apr, 2009

Same thing is repated with my company. when I called no one pick up phone.Second time when they called for money and when I asked or contract or autorization They said we do not need autorization to get paid...and it was verbally agreed contract ???? Now they have faxed me bill asking for money !I have faxed reply asking for a copy of contract and autorization, No one picked up my call when I called!!!WATCH OUT !!

• El
      28th of Apr, 2009

Ya, same thing is happening to me. These guys must just send out invoices and hope someone pays them. Probably make a buck or two with the people that arent watching. They are not nice when you call them and will not talk to you if you ask for verification of an order. All they say is they will send a copy to the owner. Cant wait to see that. These guys are a joke, stay away.

• So
      10th of May, 2009

I'm Confused... Is it NationalOnlinePages.com the problem or Nationalonlineyellowpages.com? They are 2 different companies from what I can tell ...and you list both on your complaint?

It's hard to know who's who there's so many different companies online this...yellow something or other...out there. I'd hate to see a good company get a bad rap from a mis-categorised complaint. or vice-a-versa a bad company get a good rap... :(

• Cl
      20th of May, 2009

NATIONAL ONLINE PAGES

This is a total scam!! The same thing happened here - they said they called here about 6 months ago and were told to call back in the spring. She needed to verify the name & address of the business and also needed a 'contact name'. I told her over & over that we were not interested and did not recall at any point a previous conversation several months ago. She said I should have some paperwork. Well, I don't. As mentioned in the above complaints, they are VERY rude. They mix words & trick you into it, 'if you don't pay the balance due on your account of $484.80, it will be turned over to collections'. My account??? I don't have an account with them!! Steer clear of these folks - they're crooks!

30th of May, 2009
    National Online Pages - national online pages
    NATIONAL ONLINE PAGES
    Utah

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT ANSWER ANY CALLS FROM NATIONAL ONLINE PAGES. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A SCAM!!! THEIR ADDRESS IS 200 EAST BIG BIG BEAVER RD. TROY MI 48083. WE NEED TO GET THEM OUT OF STEALING MONEY FROM COMPANIES FOR NO SERVICE AT ALL. THEIR PHONE NUMBER IS 888-955-1667. SHOULDN'T THEY BE REGULATED BY SOMEONE? YES, THE CONSUMER SO JUST PASS THEM ON BY AND THEY WILL HAVE TO OPTION BUT TO CLOSE.

• Fo
      29th of Jul, 2009

We have sent them letters asking for verification or who authorized the listing. No comments are received, just further "late notices" faxed here. When I've tried to fax a response, the fax numbers (yes, there are 2 different ones) do not work. This is now the THIRD company who has tried to pull the scam on us. Must be working for someone.

• De
      4th of Aug, 2009

Whatever you do DO NOT PAY these people, or anyone else who tries to pull this on you. It's scam plain and simple. Don't let them get you. If they send you an invoice, don't just post a complaint on a website like this and forget about it, report them to the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/).

• Ri
      13th of Aug, 2009

Something smells fishy. They refuse to provide the 800 number to contact them unless you provide them with information and submit to a phone transfer for verification. I am also getting a call every day from them, even though I am on the do-not-call list.

22nd of Sep, 2009

This same exact thing has happened to us with our company. I have called, left messages to return my calls, also have emailed them on several occasions and i have had no returns what so ever. But I recieve fax billings from them at least twice a week saqying that I now owe them way more than the first invoice. To really top this off I have gone online to view our ad, supposedly and of course there is no advertising of our business at all. Please everyone be aware of this company and their lies!!!

• Co
      5th of Nov, 2009

We are now receiving collection notices from them due to not paying. Every time i have spoken with someone there they tell me they have my recorded conversation with them, however thye have yet to play it back to me, always some excuse as to why they can't play it when i am on the phone with them! BEWARE!!

• Sp
      11th of Nov, 2009

This company is a SCAM and has come under investigation with the United States Post office. Please disregard all request for payment as this Canadian company is no longer allowed to operate in the United States.