National Motor Museum Mint / Scam charges

The national motor museum mint has charged my credit card 3 times now without my permission. I've called customer serves and they say they've canceled my account yet I keep getting cars and my card keeps getting charged. I would advise that you never give them your credit card #. Also the product is very, very low grade and breaks with lite handling if you don't receive it broken. Stay away from this company!! I wish I could say something good about my experience with the national motor museum mint. I'm not a complainer but after being charged over $100 for cars that I don't want and haven't ordered I'm getting a little pissed.

Va

Comments

26th of Sep, 2008

The same thing is happening to me! I just received an email from them saying that they are sending me some cars and there is a $30 charge to my account that I did not approve of. I called my bank to see if they can stop the transaction from coming through, and every time I try to called the motor mint company I always get the recording to call during business hours. I do not know what to do, have you found a way to put an end to this scam?

7th of Oct, 2008

They charged me 300.00 in less thasn two months!! Any recourse?

11th of Nov, 2008

I ordered the trucks Sunday, I agreed to preveiw the other trucks at no charge to me unless I decided to keep them. Then when it showed my invoice they charged me a 25.00 membership fee! I wasn't given an opportunity to review the charges before it was processed. I tried to call 4 times but, I get a recording that says all circuits are busy. I can't find an email address to respond to or customer service. They sent me an email today that my order was being processed so I contacted my bank before it cleared and put a stop payment on all charges. Hopefully that'll be the end of it, but from what I've read hear it probably won't be. I can't believe they can get away with this crap! I wish I would have seen this site 1st.

• Ru
      12th of Nov, 2008

I had the same trouble with them and they sent cars not ordered, billed me for them and I am so messed up, and not sure if I have received the credit due me! I then canceled with them and keep receiving literature, that I was upposed to be off their list! They said, it takes a month or so, but it has been much longer then that. I am today going to try to get them to quit sending me literature today! I only wanted the first few that I ordered and something should be done about this company and their tactics! Thank You! Sincerely rkoepp!

3rd of Dec, 2008

I ordered two trucks over a month ago and fully paid for them yet they continue to hit my checking account without my consent. I WOULDNT RECOMMEND ORDERING ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.1b

• Ba
      10th of Dec, 2008

I ordered the 2 pick-up trucks for a toal of $21.90; however, my credit card had total charges of $53.90. The additional $32.00 was for "Club Sign-UP" which I never wanted or applied for. Needless to say, it was a nightmare to get things straightened out. I eventually contacted American Express, and they took care of my problem. Motormint issued a credit on my charge card for all but $7.00 of my bill. I then called Motormint for the final time, and I was told the shipping total would also be refunded. The toll-free telephone number for customer service in Norwalk, CT is : 1-888-215-6468. You will be on hold for a while, but you eventually get to speak with a representative. If you call the order line 1-888-326-0978, you will be instructed to call the previous number. Overall, it has been a very eye-opening experience for purchasing items seen on TV. I will NEVER buy from Motormint again; or any other TV advertisment. Just remember these 2 words; caveat emptor, when buying.

• Do
      20th of Oct, 2010

I just found a charge for 36.90 that I did not authorize. After I recieved the trucks that were totally misrepresented, I recieved a phone call that without obligation I would recieve a mustang 641/2 free no obligation and a catalog if I want to buy anything else. No charge means almost $40. I will try the toll free # and see if I get results or I may have to go to the bank and see if they will not pay anymore charges to this company.

• Mo
      30th of Oct, 2010

I MADE THE MISTAKE OF CALLING NATIONAL MOTOR MINT BECAUSE MY MOM WANTED ME TO ORDER 3 SETS OF CARS FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTS. WHEN I WAS DONE ORDERING, I EXPECTED TO GET A CONFORMATION NUMBER. INSTEAD I WAS BARRAGED WITH OFFER AFTER OFFER OF THE OTHER JUNK THEY SELL. THE AUTOMATED VOICE AT THE OTHER END SAID "SELECT 1 FOR YES & 2 FOR NO". FINALLY, AFTER 10 MINUTES OF THIS I STARTED HITTING THE 2 BUTTON REPEATEDLY TO TRY TO GET TO THE END TO GET MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER. AT THE END, IT JUST HUNG UP, NO COMFIRMATION NUMBER, NO NOTHING.

TODAY I RECEIVED MY ORDER. FIRST OF ALL, THE TOYS I DID ORDER ARE GARBAGE, MOSTLY PLASTIC, & MADE IN CHINA. MAYBE WORTH $4- $5 AT THE MOST. I PAID $25.90 FOR EACH SET. BELIEVE ME, THEY ARE JUNK. DO NOT ORDER THEM!!!

THATS NOT THE WORST OF IT. I ALSO RECEIVED 12 MORE BOXES OF TOYS & MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED OVER $200!!! APPARENTLY, WHEN YOU SELECT "2 FOR NO" INSTEAD IT PLACES AN ORDER FOR 2 OF WHATEVER IT IS TELLING YOU ABOUT AT THE TIME!!! I CALLED THEM & THEY SAID I COULD RETURN WHAT I DIDNT WANT, BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING & THEY WOULD NOT REFUND THE EXTRA $36.80 THEY CHARGED ME FOR SHIPPING, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD ALREADY CHARGED ME $47.70 SHIPPING FOR THE OTHER GARBAGE THEY SENT ME, & IT WAS ALL COMING TO THE SAME HOUSE!!! THEY WILL SCREW YOU IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM!!!

AGAIN I REPEAT... DO NOT ORDER FROM THE NATIONAL MOTOR MINT! THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS AND LIARS!!! BLOCK YOUR CARD & FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE CC COMPANY. THATS WHAT I DID.

• La
      15th of Feb, 2013

I ordered a few times and everytme it went well
    maybe i was lucky or the complainenats were unlucky

• Wi
      24th of Mar, 2014

ON MARCH 24, 2014 I RECIEVED 2 CARS IN THE MAIL.FIRST I DIDNT ORDER ANY CARS AND THEN WAS CHARGED 36.90 ON MY CREDIT CARD.TRIED TO CALL BUT 1 NUMBER THE TOLL FREE IS DISCONNECTED AND THE OTHER NOBODY ANSWER. I HAVE TRIED 5-7 TIMES TO REACH THEM . NOW WHAT CAN I DO SO THEY DONT KEEP CHARGING MY CARD.

W. SNYDER

• To
      8th of Feb, 2015

Very surprised at these comments. I have dealt with them for years. Ordered history of FORD and History of Cadillac collections. Orders were received exactly as detailed. I was very happy with both service and the product, yes, its not all the best stuff but I expected that for the price. I called them once with a question and they were very helpful. No complaints here.

• Et
      14th of Jul, 2016
    National Motor Museum Mint - Scamming people out of money!
    National Motor Museum Mint

This company has cost me a lot of hard earned money and I have nothing to show for it, but the original trucks I ordered...that is all I ordered and they seem to keep taking my money out of my account...that is just plain theft!! I have made a complaint to the BBB and also my brother is an attorney at law and he is going to look into what can be done...just plain fraud!!! Three debits have now been done and I am sick. Please have something done about this. Why is this company even still in business with all the complaints you people have on them?