National Motor Mint / unauthorized charges

22 South Smith StreetNorwalk, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-215-6468

I placed an order with this company and received the complete order. Approximately two months later they started charging me for items that I had not ordered and shipping them to me. I complained -- they apologized and guess what? It's still happening -- they continue to send items that were not ordered and charging the credit card that they have on file from my original order. I have disputed the charges but unfortunately I am going to end up having to cancel this credit card because of the way National Motor Mint does business. I have contacted the State Attorney General's office in CT and they are VERY FAMILIAR with this company. I did not even have to go into any detail with them. They are AWARE of this and hopefully will put this company out-of-business. DO NOT place orders with this company. They will shop with your credit card and you will end up paying for it.

More National Motor Mint Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Un
  8th of Oct, 2008
Ad
  21st of Oct, 2009
same thing happening to me right now! its so crazy... i cant get them to answer the phone so i can get the money credited back to my account.
Sp
  29th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
YES I GOT A NICE SURPRISE FROM THEM, THAT I DISCOVERED WHEN I CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT ON 12/29/09 ... I HAD NOT PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM THEM IN ABOUT A YEAR.

THEY CHARGED MY BANK CARD ON CHRISTMAS EVE WHICH RESULTED IN OVERDRAFT FEES TOO AND A CALL FROM MY BANKER, WHO CALLED THEM WHILE I SAT THERE IN HER OFFICE. EVEN THOUGH MY ONLINE ACCOUNT WITH THEM SHOWS NO ACTIVITY SOME GUY NAMED MARVIN HAD THE GALL TO TELL MY BANKER THAT I AUTHORISED THEM BY VOICE OVER THE PHONE TO SEND ME SOMETHING... BULLSH*T

I HAD TO CANCEL MY BANK CARD TOO AND WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING THERE EVER AGAIN
Do
  13th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too have complaint about Customer Servive at the National Motor Mint. I received an item that was damaged and sent them a note along with a photo showing the damage. After a month without a response, I attempted to call Customer Service and was on hold for over 20 minutes without ever making contact. I then called the Order No. and after waitng 5 minutes my call was answered by a person who stated that I was to return the item at my expense in order get a credit since the item that was no longer in stock. I am hesitant to return the item at my expense since they did not contact me regarding my first response. I seriously doubt if I want to risk any further expense and possibly get no answer to my request. The Customer Service at the National Motor Mint is extremly poor and do not respond to inquiries in a timely manner or in my case at all. It took me a letter and two phone calls to finally speak to someone without any posiitive assurance that my problem would be resolved. Not a satisfied customer. Don H. in Georgia.
Rc
  1st of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am dealing with National Motor Mint on the same problem. My husband ordered the first item and decided not to order any more. The company called about new items and I told them "No, we do not want any more items". 2 weeks later I noticed 2 charges on by bank account for $25.90. I called the company and was told that 2 orders went out. They said the only way to get my money back was to return the 2 cars that were sent to me (I hadn't received them yet). I refused the 2 boxes when the mailman tried to deliver them. I called the company back the following week and told them I refused the items and was looking for my 2 credits of $25.90. The person in customer service said that it was no problem he would process both credits right away. I checked by bank statement today and found that they had only credited me one $25.90. I called the company again and told them my problem. She told me that her records showed that they had refunded me $10.00 for the second item at the time they had credited my account $25.90. I do not show any other credits other than the on $25.90 on my account. She has requested $15.90 to be credited to me but can't process the total amount because they show that they had already refunded $25.90 and $10.00. I am online with my bank and do not show any $10.00 credit. Asked to speak to a supervisor. None available. She will give the information to her supervisor when she comes in. Not sure when she will be in. I am very upset with this company and their "customer service" (ha, ha). Not sure is she will get back with me today. I am very unsatisfied with this company.
Li
  3rd of Feb, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am just now starting to fight with this company. I call their customer service number and they hang up on me after being on hold for more than 30 minutes. What a nightmare! My bank account is over drawn by $140.00. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY !!!
Mo
  27th of Apr, 2012
I certaily hope you don't get the same supervisor I got. I made one order in Dec 2011. When I started noticing additional charges in Jan 2012 I called. They staed I enrolled in a recurring promotion. I requested that my enrollment be cancelled and I was told it was done. Imagine my surprise to see that in April my account was agin hit and it was hit in February (I missed that one). After being treated rudely I finally got the supervisor who told me that I would receive my money back with 12 days and if not then to call her direct line. When the money wasn't returned I called her direct line that announced the mailbox was full, transferred to another number and then after two minutes I was disconnected while on hold ( this happened three consecutive calls) finally spoke to a customer service agent who refused to transfer me to the supervisor, who not provide a last name or employee id numebr and stated all he could do was pass on my message. The supervisor did call and promised to research the issue and call back which she did at 6AM my time at which she left a message stating my request had been approved and if I had questions th contact her direcetly at her number. My bank now shows a partial refund (less than 1 of the two orders) I call her supposed direct number and get a unidentified voice mail box (I've called 4 times) and still no return call. These people are unbelievable