National Management/World Perfume Inc. / World Perfume Inc Scam

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

This company falsy advertised a set potential income for a weekly basis by going through a managment program, but the information and what your actually doing for the company isnt made visible to you until after the date of hire. You go through two interviews and when you finally get the posistion after quiting your job due to promised income, you wind up selling bottles of rendition/imposter perfume out the trunk of your car without a liscense walking door to door, business to business and they never pay you a check. All income is generated from your sales which is not disclosed to you until youve already quite your main source of income1

Comments

Sa
  15th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Could you tell me what they did at your first interview. This sounds like the company I interviewed with today, and I have a second interview tomorrow, would like to know before I waste my time by going.

Ka
  3rd of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

This is all exactly correct. They have started a new "company"/scam in seattle and I was sucked in by the promise of money, trips and management in a large company. I stuck with it for approximately three days until I finally realized that it was going NOWHERE and I would never get a pay check..and if there is no pay check then how do you pay taxes because not one of us was licenced to sell door to door which is illegal (even thugh we were told that we did have a licence). I quit after postponing college for this job. If you live in the seattle area do not respond to any ads on craigslist or the newspaper its all a scam. I worked one day and sold twenty three bottles of perfume and made 70 dollars for eleven hours of work. Not even minimum wage. do not be fooled and watch out seattlites.

Hi
  12th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes

ACTUALLY I DO BELIEVE YOU LEFT THE COMPANY BECAUSE THEY FOUND AN ENOURMES BAG OF WEED IN YOUR CAR. ALSO THE COMPANY OR ANYONE RUNNING IT NEVER TOLD YOU TO SELL YOUR BOTTLES AT COST YOU CHOOSE TO DO THAT THEY TAUGHT YOU HOW TO MAKE MONEY AND YOU CHOOSE TO DO THE OPPOSITE!!! ALSO YOU CAN KEEP TRACK OF YOUR SALES AND YOUR INCOME AND THEN YOU FILL OUT A 1099 TO FILE YOUR TAXES HOW DOES THAT NOT MAKE SENSE MANY PEOPLE DO THIS THAT DONT NECCESSARILY OWN A COMPANY EXAMPLE ASK ANY HAIR DRESSER THAT RENTS A SPACE OR IS CONSIDERED AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR THIS IS HOW THEY FILE THERE TAXES DOESNT MAKE IT A RIP OFF!!!

Ka
  13th of Oct, 2009

Was this place at 603 Strander Blvd? I have a second interview there on Thursday... I don't want to go if it's the same place.

Ju
  20th of May, 2011

WATCH OUT INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA
I believe this company is alive and well now in Indianapolis. It is now named SMC Managment Group. This is what it has promised potential employees:
Falsly implies candidates will be training to be "managers" selling imposter perfumes to local retail stores. They pump up company benefits and perks when in fact the potential employees will be door to door sales people working strictly out of their own cars and off commission with no company affiliation, benefits, perks, or even pay checks, etc...