National Magazine Service / This is the biggest ripoff and very difficult to track down who is doing it

1 P.O Box 98Elmsford, NH, United States Review updated:

National Magazine Service has renewed subscriptions to 2 magazines without any notice or authorization from me, and charged my credit card. A couple of years ago, I got a few free issues of 2 magazines after buying something else online. This is the biggest ripoff and very difficult to track down who is doing it. We finally spotted it on our credit card bill and opened a dispute.

Va

Comments

• Sf
      25th of May, 2010
    National Magazine Service - fraudulent renewal
    Illinois

Several magazines were ordered via telephone. They would not cancel the subscriptions, but did say they would substitute a different magazine. That never arrived. When I contacted someone on their provided phone number, they hung up.

• Sf
      25th of May, 2010

Impossible to reach

• Au
      7th of Jun, 2011
    National Magazine Service - fraudulent renewal
    National Magazine Service
    Pennsylvania

I see that I am not the only one that has been duped by this "company". I sent two checks that totaled $70.00 for TV guide subscription renewal. One was sent in October and the other in December of 2010. It is now June 2011 and I no longer have a subscription and TV Guide has no record of receiving any information from National Magazine Service, yet both checks were cashed. I live from paycheck to paycheck and am very upset at this loss of money and now I have to pay for another subscription. What can be done about this?